Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-18-2013, 01:20 AM

5,150 posts, read 7,764,935 times

Advertisements

So there was a meeting of past and present democrat members of the board of county commissioners.

This is an annual thing lead by Parks Helms. After the meeting there was a huddle where Parks attempted to give advise to the new county commissioner chairperson.

If you read the article you'll see there were plenty of issues even among democrats like Jennifer Roberts asking why Harold Cogdell was there after Cogdell switched to (I) following is coupe to become last year's chairman.

Vilma Leake (wait for it) took time out at the end of last Tuesday's BOCC meeting to tell the television audience that she and the chairperson were humiliated because Parks told Leaketo "shut up". She says she didn't say anything.

On top of everything else, Vilma ends with this:

“I couldn’t believe that in 2013 a white man would put his finger in my face and tell me to shut up.”[LEFT]
Read more here: Spat between old and new county leaders creates new friction | CharlotteObserver.com
[/LEFT]

Cotham, the current chair and the other person fingered by Vilma as being humiliated is white.

Are the democrats this fractured? Is this a race issue?

Spat between old and new county leaders creates new friction | CharlotteObserver.com
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-18-2013, 05:28 AM

3,774 posts, read 8,197,080 times
Vilma Leake is a nutjob, I hardly believe a thing that comes out of her mouth.

That her and Bill James could be elected to a public office is a testament to the idiocy of their constituency.

Old 01-18-2013, 06:05 AM

8,877 posts, read 13,915,570 times
They're worse than school children with their accusations and posturing for any ears that will listen to the tripe.

Old 01-18-2013, 07:37 AM

1,969 posts, read 3,597,689 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stripes17 View Post
They're worse than school children with their accusations and posturing for any ears that will listen to the tripe.

Thats the problem with politics. The people who should be politicians are too smart to want to bother, and the people who are too stupid to be politicians, come swarming like locusts with bipolar disorders.

Old 01-18-2013, 07:38 AM

8,402 posts, read 24,229,302 times
Here's a couple minutes of everyone's life wasted:

Democrat Vilma Leake Whines About Seating Arrangement - YouTube

I think race is an easy card to play for many people. It gets attention, can't be denied successfully, and will receive sympathy from at least someone every time.

Old 01-18-2013, 07:46 AM

15,355 posts, read 12,651,768 times
Putting a finger in someones face is disrespectful... the only one who can do it is my wife, if I'm drunk... and coming home when the sun comes up.

Old 01-18-2013, 07:50 AM

569 posts, read 1,410,107 times
FYI....Vilma Leake use to teach High School. I know this because I had one of her classes back in the day. She was an interesting lady with a unique teaching style, but it was obvious she favored people of her race. She always gave the students that were not African American a hard time. Especially the white males. I was smart and kept my mouth shut, so she never had an issue with me but she was always clear in voicing her opinions about how unfairly she thought her race was treated.

I have not followed her much since school, but I do remember how racist she was back then, so I'm sure some of those beliefs still are with her to this day.

Old 01-18-2013, 09:04 AM
NDL

4,518 posts, read 5,651,579 times
When the City makes 'off' decisions, I now know why.

We, as a Nation, are going to get pummeled, if we don't get this kind of nonsense out of our leadership.

(nonsense = gross immaturity, petty bickering, etc.)

Last edited by NDL; 01-18-2013 at 09:18 AM..

Old 01-18-2013, 09:32 AM

3,914 posts, read 4,974,905 times
So I wonder if Leake is ok with a Black man waving their finger in her face.

Charlotte/Mecklenburg's biggest issued is these district candidates often run unopposed and are constantly re-elected no matter what they do.

Old 01-18-2013, 11:00 AM

3,774 posts, read 8,197,080 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NDL View Post
When the City makes 'off' decisions, I now know why.

We, as a Nation, are going to get pummeled, if we don't get this kind of nonsense out of our leadership.

(nonsense = gross immaturity, petty bickering, etc.)
Vilma and Bill James are COUNTY Commissioners. Not City. City Council is much more professional than those bozos, if they do come up with some head scratchers from time to time.

But I agree with your sentiment.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
View detailed profiles of: