Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-27-2014, 09:04 AM

343 posts, read 603,210 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by bs13690 View Post
She was the listing agent, not my agent. At lot of things can happen in a few years and "planned" doesn't necessarily mean much. I'll allow that is more likely to happen since it is an extension of the existing line.
Considering that construction has begun on the stop at 36th street and the road will be closed for 2 years while they build out the stop, I'd say it's happening. Who cares which agent it was? She was correct.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-27-2014, 09:22 AM

352 posts, read 520,669 times
Quote:
She was the listing agent, not my agent. At lot of things can happen in a few years and "planned" doesn't necessarily mean much. I'll allow that is more likely to happen since it is an extension of the existing line.
The red line was planned.

The Blue is existing, this is an extension and is currently under construction.

It's not really "planned" anymore.

The Blue Line and the Street Car will probably be the only part of the Rapid Transit Service that will ever be built.

You can kiss the Red line good bye, and most likely the Silver Line and the West Corridor goodbye.

I like the blue line, I really do, but the system needs commuter lines up to Mooresville extremely bad.

Old 06-27-2014, 09:44 AM

14,688 posts, read 26,696,454 times
Until it's there, it's not there. Not sure how much simpler I can state it.

Old 06-27-2014, 09:48 AM

Quote:
Until it's there, it's not there. Not sure how much simpler I can state it.
I kind of get the feeling you just want to argue to argue.

The funding is there, and the construction is ongoing.

If the reason you don't make a move on a piece of real estate because you don't think the blue line is coming to NODA, then you're making a bad move.

Old 06-27-2014, 09:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Catamount79 View Post
I kind of get the feeling you just want to argue to argue.

The funding is there, and the construction is ongoing.

If the reason you don't make a move on a piece of real estate because you don't think the blue line is coming to NODA, then you're making a bad move.
Christ on a cracker, no I don't want to argue just to argue but you all don't seem to understand my point. Lots of things get planned, start building, get funding, etc. and don't get finished or take way longer than originally planned.

There were many more reasons than that for me to not live there anyway, but they are not relevant to the topic of this thread.

Old 06-27-2014, 10:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tksuther View Post
Considering that construction has begun on the stop at 36th street and the road will be closed for 2 years while they build out the stop, I'd say it's happening. Who cares which agent it was? She was correct.
I'd say you are the one who cared since you referred to her as "your agent". Your meaning mine in this case.

I give up, you all are right. There's never been any planned public project that has been cancelled ever in the history of the world.

Old 06-27-2014, 10:34 AM

2,603 posts, read 5,040,114 times
Quote:
Christ on a cracker, no I don't want to argue just to argue but you all don't seem to understand my point. Lots of things get planned, start building, get funding, etc. and don't get finished or take way longer than originally planned.

There were many more reasons than that for me to not live there anyway, but they are not relevant to the topic of this thread.
Not things that get to this stage. The BLE is going to happen. There could be delays, but the funding is there and they've already started re-aligning 36th street and clearing the pathway up and down Tryon. They can't put this back in the bottle.

Old 06-27-2014, 10:37 AM

If only real life had an ignore feature like the Internet.

It'd be nice to have a rail out to the airport but that doesn't seem likely.

Old 06-27-2014, 10:53 AM

2,603 posts, read 5,040,114 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Catamount79 View Post
I've got some problems with toll lanes and now the redline being killed basically.

I just wonder why the north end of town continues to get screwed by the state.

I'm a little annoyed that a lot of tax dollars from the Charlotte area went to the eastern part of the state to build their roads, yet when its time to correct a major problem (77 north should have been corrected 15 years ago) on top of the taxes we already pay we now have to pay tolls to get that fixed. The Eastern part of the state got their roads with our tax dollars, now that it's time for us to get our roads, we all of a sudden are going to be double taxed.

And now the redline is most likely going to killed, something that would have helped that commute. Anyone else feel like the north end is getting the short end of the stick?
No one HAS to pay the toll. There will still be two free lanes in either direction. The toll lane will actually mean that at least one of the lanes won't be congested. Carpool and you can use the toll lane free at any time. If they added more free lanes to that segment of I-77, it would just be gridlock in three or four lanes instead of two. And it would cost more tax money.

Old 06-27-2014, 11:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by coped View Post
No one HAS to pay the toll. There will still be two free lanes in either direction. The toll lane will actually mean that at least one of the lanes won't be congested. Carpool and you can use the toll lane free at any time. If they added more free lanes to that segment of I-77, it would just be gridlock in three or four lanes instead of two. And it would cost more tax money.
No one has to pay a toll, you're right, but the people who pay taxes and might not be able to afford the toll get to sit in traffic. This isn't going to help the gridlock already in place, sure it's going to open up a lane to let people bypass the traffic, but the majority of people will still be stuck in gridlock.

The problem going northbound is when the lanes go from 4 to 2, it would free up a lot of traffic if it were 4 lanes all the way up to Mooresville.

That just doesn't sit right with me.

There aren't free lanes, we pay for them.

Last edited by Catamount79; 06-27-2014 at 11:40 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte