Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-23-2007, 11:04 AM

37 posts, read 168,725 times

Advertisements

Can anyone recommend a dentist in the Ballantyne area?

Thanks in advance!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-23-2007, 11:44 AM

153 posts, read 468,019 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jaysfan View Post
Can anyone recommend a dentist in the Ballantyne area?

Thanks in advance!
Great dentist

Dr Michael Bellamy

Bellamy J Michael DDS
(704) 543-7800
8025 Corporate Center Dr
Charlotte, NC

He has been great for me!!

Old 10-23-2007, 11:45 AM

382 posts, read 1,888,140 times
Dr. Christian Yaste at Ballantyne Dentistry. They do everything, from basics to cosmetic work. I did a smile makeover there and they were great. Love the staff, love the office. It's right behind the Harris Teeter in Ballantyne, next to McAllisters.

Old 08-05-2009, 10:36 AM

4 posts, read 15,350 times
Default Porcelain Veneers

singandpray,

I would encourage you to call our office, Ballantyne Center for Dentistry. Veneers are very strong and last for years. I myself have six veneers and we find less than 1% of our veneers ever break or have problems. Cracking or breaking veneers are most often due to clenching, grinding, or lack of care. It is hard to crack them because they literally fuse chemically and mechanically to the teeth. We have hundreds of clients we have placed veneers on that have had absolutely zero problems with cracking or breaking.

If a patient of our does have an issue with bonding or veneers we fix it. We also have a warranty on all of the restorative procedures we do.

Old 08-05-2009, 12:24 PM

35,879 posts, read 77,498,031 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Christian Yaste View Post
singandpray,

I would encourage you to call our office, Ballantyne Center for Dentistry. Veneers are very strong and last for years. I myself have six veneers and we find less than 1% of our veneers ever break or have problems. Cracking or breaking veneers are most often due to clenching, grinding, or lack of care. It is hard to crack them because they literally fuse chemically and mechanically to the teeth. We have hundreds of clients we have placed veneers on that have had absolutely zero problems with cracking or breaking.

If a patient of our does have an issue with bonding or veneers we fix it. We also have a warranty on all of the restorative procedures we do.
I hope you are still online cause I have a question.

If a veneer or porcelain crown chips on the edge, can that be repaired (without removing it?). I have a chip on a crown (bicuspid) and my dentist has moved his practice. I need to find someone who can fix it (if it can be fixed without removal).

Also - does your practice do any orthodontic work?

Thank you!

Old 08-05-2009, 07:55 PM

797 posts, read 3,296,040 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pinkpocketbooks View Post
Dr. Christian Yaste at Ballantyne Dentistry. They do everything, from basics to cosmetic work. I did a smile makeover there and they were great. Love the staff, love the office. It's right behind the Harris Teeter in Ballantyne, next to McAllisters.
This. I go there and he is great.

Old 08-06-2009, 11:05 AM

4 posts, read 15,350 times
Yes, I am still here! As to your question, the answer is this....It depends. Fixing porcelain restorations can be tricky and often is unpredictable. It is easier to actually bond to metal or tooth structure than it is to porcelain. However, sometimes we can bond resin or composite to porcelain and get a decent result. I would be happy to take a look at it for you if would like. Just PM me and I will give you the details.

We do some orthodontic work. You have probably heard of invisilign. We use a system similar to that for straightening mildly crooked teeth or correcting spaces between teeth. If your orthodontic needs go beyond that, we work with a team of orthodontists around Charlotte that are awesome.

Old 08-06-2009, 11:12 AM

35,879 posts, read 77,498,031 times
Dr. Yaste: Thank you so much for your reply. I felt it would be a challenge to handle a chip, but I would like to explore any possibilities for repair.

Really appreciate your response. I hated to make an appointment if there is certainty that nothing could be done. If there is even the chance something could be done, then it is worth everyone's time to check it out.

Nice to know you do invisilign, too, as we have had folks ask about this in the past.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte