Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-01-2013, 06:46 AM

150 posts, read 324,886 times

Advertisements

Are there any others in here who oppose the mandatory vaccination schedule imposed on our children by the AAP and state legislature? I know that there are medical and religious exemptions, but how does one find health care for their child when all of the pediatricians force their vaccination beliefs on you. Most of the pediatricians in Charlotte that we have interviewed say that they will not see us if we don't submit to their vaccine schedule. I don't want my child to go without health care, there are just certain vaccines that we oppose, for various reasons, and we don't want to submit to them. For example, chicken pox... why in the world do we need a chicken pox vaccine? All children grew up with chicken pox, and it is a proven fact that having it makes your immune system stronger. I don't want to start a flame war about vaccines, and if you believe differently about them, then I fully support your right to choose to vaccinate your children with chemicals made from aborted fetuses, and that contain heavy metal toxins and cancer causing viruses, but we don't. Any information from others who may feel the same would be appreciated.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-01-2013, 07:21 AM

4,041 posts, read 4,960,789 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffrm View Post
Are there any others in here who oppose the mandatory vaccination schedule imposed on our children by the AAP and state legislature? I know that there are medical and religious exemptions, but how does one find health care for their child when all of the pediatricians force their vaccination beliefs on you. Most of the pediatricians in Charlotte that we have interviewed say that they will not see us if we don't submit to their vaccine schedule. I don't want my child to go without health care, there are just certain vaccines that we oppose, for various reasons, and we don't want to submit to them. For example, chicken pox... why in the world do we need a chicken pox vaccine? All children grew up with chicken pox, and it is a proven fact that having it makes your immune system stronger. I don't want to start a flame war about vaccines, and if you believe differently about them, then I fully support your right to choose to vaccinate your children with chemicals made from aborted fetuses, and that contain heavy metal toxins and cancer causing viruses, but we don't. Any information from others who may feel the same would be appreciated.

and you say you aren't trying to start anything. Right.

Old 03-01-2013, 08:06 AM

194 posts, read 431,029 times
I am sure there are doctors here that will not MAKE you vaccinate your child you just have to look. Also it sure does sound like you are trying to start a debate with parents who vaccinate their children, like I do. I really do not see why you needed to add this to your post !!!

"to choose to vaccinate your children with chemicals made from aborted fetuses, and that contain heavy metal toxins and cancer causing viruses, but we don't"

My husband and I and every other parent who vaccinates their child are doing what WE believe is best for our child, I personally can not imagine not vaccinating my child and god forbid they get a horrible illness. Just my opinion.

Old 03-01-2013, 08:29 AM

238 posts, read 567,904 times
We vaccinate, but I'm sure you can find a pediatrician that will work with you. When presented with the chicken pox vaccine I was told it was optional.

I don't know about school though. I just enrolled my youngest in kindergarten and they required her to have all her vaccines.

Old 03-01-2013, 08:38 AM

6,151 posts, read 10,028,251 times
Your post is terribly biased and inflammatory. There are 2 sides to the debate. These diseases were wiped out by vaccines... and your child doesn't really need one because we're all vaccinating our children, essentially eliminating the threat for you.

If you choose not to participate, that's fine. Home school your kid.

Old 03-01-2013, 08:38 AM

140 posts, read 239,221 times
I hope your "right" to keep your children unvaccinated assuages the guilt you must feel every time an infant too young for vaccinations dies from pertussis.

Sorry, I can't mince words on this. Anti-vaxxers are murderers.

Old 03-01-2013, 08:40 AM

35,879 posts, read 77,491,785 times
We have had several outbreaks of whooping cough in this state, as well as measles, due to folks not vaccinating their children. the laws in this state recognize that while people may not worry about putting their own child's life at stake, it is not in the public interest to allow these same people to put everyone else at risk.

It is a matter of public health.

Move to a state or country where you are welcomed to go without vaccinations. I hear the Bill Gates foundation probably has a list of countries where vaccinations are not available or required. Or just google "resurgence of whooping cough, meningitis, measles" and see where that occurred. No one will think a thing about it if you don't want vaccines. You can even be exposed to hepatitis in some of those countries. And maybe even typhoid. But your children won't have to get vaccinated.

Old 03-01-2013, 08:42 AM

4,041 posts, read 4,960,789 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeyKid View Post
Your post is terribly biased and inflammatory. There are 2 sides to the debate. These diseases were wiped out by vaccines... and your child doesn't really need one because we're all vaccinating our children, essentially eliminating the threat for you.

If you choose not to participate, that's fine. Home school your kid.

That's the biggest problem and why some of the terrible diseases are making a comeback. People that don't vaccinate or think that vaccinations are evil think their kids are protected because others vaccinate.

You can always vaccinate on a delayed schedule. FYI, there are doctors that will work with you but I don't know of any peds around that won't do it at all.

I agree with MikeyKid. If you don't want to vaccinate homeschool your child(ren).

Old 03-01-2013, 09:02 AM

150 posts, read 324,886 times
Trust me, I've done plenty of "Googling." There are 1000 times more complications caused by vaccinations than there are of NOT being vaccinated, including now in recent studies a new link between cancer and vaccinations. Merck, Pfizer, Kaiser-permanente, etc, all claim that their vaccines have wiped out diseases, but that is just false. The evidence shows from unbiased, independent studies that these diseases, such as polio, were on their way out long before the vaccinations were ever invented, and it was due to other, environmental factors, such as cleaner drinking water, and hygiene. What they also fail to tell you is that there really have been over 1500 documented cases of polio in the last 10 years, and every single one of them were caused by vaccinations. The whooping cough outbreak was also caused by vaccinations. Yes, unvaccinated children may have been affected, but it was caught and spread because children who received the live virus as a vaccine spread it to others who were not vaccinated. The vaccination industry is just a circular money scheme. You create an epidemic, then you create a vaccine for it, and therefore, Big Pharma just keeps making money. And people who have received the varicella vaccination are now reporting in high numbers cases of shingles later in life... so guess what, they now have a shingles vaccine too. But I guess, since Bill Gates is so rich and powerful, he knows best for all of us... right?

and BTW, all of the literature that you site in support of vaccinations is all propaganda from the pharmaceutical companies. The internet is flooded with this propaganda.

Old 03-01-2013, 09:07 AM

4,713 posts, read 9,702,555 times
Quote:
I fully support your right to choose to vaccinate your children with chemicals made from aborted fetuses, and that contain heavy metal toxins and cancer causing viruses, but we don't.

Maybe you should get your information on vaccines from places other than whakadoodle websites and Jenny McCarthy.

Quote:
BTW, all of the literature that you site in support of vaccinations is all propaganda from the pharmaceutical companies. The internet is flooded with this propaganda.

The internet is flooded with a lot of "propaganda", unfortunately some people choose to believe that over science and research.

Quote:
You create an epidemic, then you create a vaccine for it, and therefore, Big Pharma just keeps making money.
I've been working in "big pharma" for over 15 years. Never once have I created an epidemic. I have, on the other hand, done a lot of work that has helped people to lead a better quality of life.

Someone has their tinfoil hat on a little too tight
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte