Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-07-2007, 08:49 AM

431 posts, read 1,668,834 times

Advertisements

Starting Wed. 10/10. I was hoping that since we have been restricted considerably longer than most , we might have escaped this shutdown, but boy have things gotten bad. Wheres my well driller????????
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-07-2007, 10:02 AM

1,736 posts, read 4,744,264 times
If every county went on the same restrictions as Union county did in June we wouldn’t be in as a bad shape as we are now.

Old 10-07-2007, 10:25 AM

999 posts, read 4,652,910 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RedNC View Post
If every county went on the same restrictions as Union county did in June we wouldn’t be in as a bad shape as we are now.
That's what I was thinking the same thing!

Old 10-07-2007, 10:30 AM

9,116 posts, read 17,727,195 times
My lawn doesn't look as bad as most because during the time alloted I've really watered hard and deep.

Hopefully this pesky high pressure over us for the past 1 1/2 months will clear out....also here's hoping for a tropical rain storm w/the limited time we have left in the season..

Old 10-07-2007, 11:49 AM

7,937 posts, read 20,379,501 times
U as of 10/10 what water restrictions are they putting into place here??? in Union

Old 10-07-2007, 12:08 PM

1,736 posts, read 4,744,264 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NCMOMOFTWO View Post
U as of 10/10 what water restrictions are they putting into place here??? in Union
According to the paper no watering of anything. Complete ban on watering, lawns, trees, vegetable gardens and flowers. Also no washing cars, filling pools, or water fountains.

Old 10-07-2007, 12:17 PM

7,937 posts, read 20,379,501 times
thanks I found a link on my other boards..

Old 10-07-2007, 12:56 PM

743 posts, read 2,243,469 times
I have to say my grass is brown, but still there so when or if it does start raining, it should come back. Either way I am just patiently waiting to aerate and seed, unlike my one neighbor. He did it the weekend after Labor Day and completely ignored any prior restrictions, irrigation going everynight. Got a warning so for the past week, he was using the hand held and standing out in the yard watering, took almost 5 hours. LOL. Cannot wait to see what happens after Wed. I just sucked it up and will redo the lawn and start over either when it starts raining or ban is lifted, if ever lifted due to growth. Sorry had to vent as it really irks me how some think they are above others and do as they please, but can Union Co. not tell he is thick and green when the rest of the neighbors are sparse and brown, I hope they aren't that blind.

Old 10-07-2007, 12:58 PM

8 posts, read 19,035 times
Sorry you are the one to get this BUT, I just joined and I have no idea where to go to start a new "thread" is it called? Can you take a moment to guide me there. So, so embarrassed............

Old 10-07-2007, 01:21 PM

2,536 posts, read 9,212,864 times
Default A way to recyle water

I applaud all of you that have followed the current water restrictions...and try to forget what your neighbor may be doing...as I firmly believe in what goes around...comes around.

And with that said I read a letter to the editor the other day in our local paper (Fort Mill Times) and thought it was a rather igenious idea on how to recycle/conserve water.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

What started out as a way to run a water game at his granddaughter's block party turned out to be a solution on how to take care of other things as well. Since water restrictions were in place...he started collecting the runoff water from his own air conditioner, his neighbors, and granddaughters. After 3 days and 3 homes he collected about 30 gallons of water. It was clearly marked at the block party as a/c runoff water so no one would think they were wasting water. After the party what was left over was used to water neighborhood park flowers. The gentleman still continues to collect the water from his own a/c and his neighbors for watering the flowers and shrubs. On humid days he is alble to collect about a gallon an hour from his home alone. He stated it takes some work but it is worth it to him.

Fort Mill Times — Letters to the Editor - October 3, 2007 (broken link)

Last edited by lovethecarolinas; 10-07-2007 at 01:41 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte