Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
2,500,000 members. Thank you!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-22-2013, 01:34 PM

601 posts, read 955,215 times

Advertisements

Quote:
A Chinese information-technology company will establish the headquarters of one of its units in Charlotte, boosting its local employment by 200.

Pactera Technology International Ltd. of Beijing says it will more than quadruple the size of its staff in Charlotte as it expands its local office over the next three years. Pactera currently has 60 employees at its SouthPark Towers office at 6100 Fairview Road.

“It’s IT consulting with very high-paying and high-skilled jobs,” says Eileen Cai, the Charlotte Chamber’s vice president of economic development for Asia. She estimated the salaries for the new jobs will average $100,000 per year.

Cai says hiring will begin soon.

Bob Morgan, Charlotte Chamber president, says the project is the “largest investment ever by a Chinese-owned company” in Charlotte. The chamber announced the expansion Monday afternoon.

“It affirms Charlotte’s status as an IT center,” Morgan says.
“Charlotte has proved to be the ideal location to base our U.S. IT services operations,” says Doug Vinson, Pactera vice president of sales and marketing in Charlotte. “And with a high concentration of talented, educational professionals to serve our clients, we expect significant growth in the next few years.”

Cai says no government incentives are involved in the Pactera expansion.
More info below:
Pactera to bring 200 jobs, U.S. headquarters to Charlotte - Charlotte Business Journal
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-22-2013, 01:49 PM

2,919 posts, read 5,777,120 times
Fantastic news for this area. As the area definitely needs more diversification in the workforce.

Old 04-22-2013, 03:08 PM

3,914 posts, read 4,929,044 times
Hmm. A Chinese company that helps corporations to outsource IT jobs that is focused on companies involved in financial services, energy, technology, & telecommunications. I suppose CLT is a good match for them and why they came with no taxpayer paid for bribery.

Old 04-23-2013, 06:35 AM

22,974 posts, read 65,227,698 times
Good news Looks like they are located over in Quail Hollow.
Pactera (NASDAQ: PACT) is a global technology services provider recognized by Fortune 500 clients for its leadership in research and development, information technology, and business process solutions.

type of jobs available at the moment
Cloudera Technical Lead Consultant
The Cloudera Technical Lead will be responsible for architecting and designing solutions using Cloudera Hadoop and associated analytics.

Digital Project Manager experience in digital marketing, digital content, marketing operations, multi-channel marketing, and a solid understanding of web/mobility.

Tibco Lead Technical Consultant The Technical Architect*will help identify, define, and clarify functional and data requirements using TIBCO Spotfire.

Old 04-23-2013, 07:15 AM

241 posts, read 301,338 times
It is strange. When Americans outsource, they pay foreigners a tenth of what they pay in the U.S. When Chinese outsource, the pay twenty times more. That works for me. I am really glad to see them ship over their businesses here. I believe it is more in our interest to be friends with China than adversaries. It is proof that it is advantageous to be a right to work place with a dependable work force.

Old 04-23-2013, 08:14 AM

3,914 posts, read 4,929,044 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ragnar Sigurdsson View Post
.... I am really glad to see them ship over their businesses here. I believe it is more in our interest to be friends with China than adversaries. It is proof that it is advantageous to be a right to work place with a dependable work force.
I think you have it wrong. They are here to help companies move IT from the USA to China.

Old 04-23-2013, 01:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by frewroad View Post
I think you have it wrong. They are here to help companies move IT from the USA to China.
I'm thinking that is a possibility as well. There has to be more to it than meets the eye. But, I am glad they are here anyway.

Old 04-23-2013, 01:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by westcoastbabe View Post
the area definitely needs more diversification in the workforce.
Another brilliant comment. Do you care attempt to qualify your statement?

Old 04-23-2013, 02:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by frewroad View Post
Hmm. A Chinese company that helps corporations to outsource IT jobs that is focused on companies involved in financial services, energy, technology, & telecommunications. I suppose CLT is a good match for them and why they came with no taxpayer paid for bribery.
I understand that sometimes it is a good idea to lure companies in with tax breaks, etc. But sometimes the local and/or state government is really stupid. I suppose that Purdue was the perfect example when she paid Chiquita to come here and they brought their own employees and basically was no real advantage to the local community. That was really stupid and typical of her. If money is spent, a return is expected.

Old 04-24-2013, 03:59 PM

206 posts, read 511,206 times
Frewroad..yep, that's exactly what foreign IT consulting firms do, industry folks know this. That's their incentive right there....didn't need any from us. By the time the general public realizes what's going on, it will be too late. He who owns the technology and the skills, owns the business/industry!

Last edited by Westchestergal; 04-24-2013 at 04:03 PM.. Reason: Addition
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte