Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-29-2013, 08:47 PM

3,183 posts, read 7,200,415 times

Advertisements

I am tired of other people getting my mail and I am tired of getting mail addressed to other people. We have had 2 different credit cards "LOST" and today a guy walking down the street stopped and gave me some mail addressed to me and it had been delivered to his house. What can I do?. I have started writing in big red letters on mail given to us which is not ours saying DELIVERED TO WRONG ADDRESS and then dropping it off in a public mail box so someone will see that it was delivered to the wrong house..Mail is too important to have this go on and on.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-29-2013, 08:56 PM

1,669 posts, read 6,397,108 times
All you can do is complain to the post office or post master general. This time of the year; they have a lot of non-regulars filling in for those on vacation.

Old 05-29-2013, 09:10 PM

5,150 posts, read 7,759,335 times
Can't be fixed. I've gotten a PO box and it happened there. I got a UPS Store box and it happened there. Apparently putting rectangles in to the proper boxes is a skill few possess to do with high accuracy.

Old 05-29-2013, 09:22 PM

1,079 posts, read 2,500,510 times
'Mail' is so 1980's. try getting an email address and having stuff emailed like the rest of the modern world does. or have it shipped so it gets tracked and can easily be insured if it's that important.

Old 05-29-2013, 11:12 PM

5,150 posts, read 7,759,335 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by eman1200 View Post
'Mail' is so 1980's. try getting an email address and having stuff emailed like the rest of the modern world does. or have it shipped so it gets tracked and can easily be insured if it's that important.
Great idea! I'll e-mail everyone that insists on sending me postal mail and tell them to insure it all.

And the next computer/phone/dohicky should be encoded so I can print it out. Amazon.com is so 80's (sic).

Old 05-30-2013, 01:16 AM

3,183 posts, read 7,200,415 times
We use emails for more and more business. We also have learned to spend a buck and go have important mail we send registered. Our problem which is also one other neighbors are having is the mailman puts the wrong mail into peoples boxes. We were surprised our bank does nothing to track things like credit cards when they mail them. Right now I am waiting on my car tag sticker to come from Raleigh . Maybe I will get it and maybe I wont..From now on all mail we get that is not ours will be noted in big red ink and sent back to the post office. Then at least they will be able to track who the mail man is and it wont look good on him.This problem has been going on for over a year.

Old 05-30-2013, 05:32 AM

93 posts, read 184,676 times
Crest, I'm glad you mentioned this. I have never in my life had so many pieces of mail misdelivered. I though we had a bad carrier! My wife's parents sent my daughter a birthday card which had been misdelivered 3(yes 3) different times based on the trail of writing on the outside of the envelope.

Old 05-30-2013, 05:46 AM

1,585 posts, read 1,930,260 times
USPS is an entity of the federal government staffed by federal employees what do you expect? Have you ever encountered a government entity that runs well? I am sure there is some 800 number somewhere staffed by a desk jockey waiting for his 20 years to be up you could call and complain to, or if your house is made of brick you could complain to one of the outside walls.

Old 05-30-2013, 06:26 AM

14,688 posts, read 26,603,990 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GCharlotte View Post
Great idea! I'll e-mail everyone that insists on sending me postal mail and tell them to insure it all.

And the next computer/phone/dohicky should be encoded so I can print it out. Amazon.com is so 80's (sic).
I know you are being sarcastic, but you may not be too far off the mark with this idea. As 3d printers grow more advanced and common, some things probably could be sent to your printer.

Anyway, as others have said the only thing you can do is report it to the Postmaster. But there are always going to be mistakes.

Old 05-30-2013, 07:34 AM

7,672 posts, read 12,811,485 times
About 2 years ago I had that "mailman" that would screw up the mail. Plus I never ever got my packages. It would show delivered but I never got them. I finally had to pay extra for signature delivery and if not, then to my dad's house where miraculously I got packages. I was home when the mailman delivered so it wasn't a matter of packages being stolen. Plus I lived in a house with a walk up porch and it was the time the kids would come home on the bus. So most of the days of that week, I would see him delivering my mail. Never a package.

I did complain to the postmaster who admitted that others on my street had the same issue and he would look into it. Never did to my knowledge. I then moved.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte