U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-06-2013, 02:21 PM

124 posts, read 228,599 times

Advertisements

Can anyone recommend a dentist anywhere in the Concord/Charlotte area? Let me explain what Im looking for. I haven't had dental insurance for 5 years. I lost my dental insurance because of recession/loss of employment. Then became self employed and just couldn't afford it. I now have a full time job at a company and have dental but I'm still living paycheck to paycheck. My teeth are a mess. They have always been brittle, easily cracked and weak. (Thanks Dad!) Over the years Ive had so many dental procedures and have paid thousands of dollars out of pocket even with insurance. This has been going on since I was a teenager..Im now 40.

Even though I now have insurance I know how much teeth cost to keep up and I can't afford a dentist thats going to charge me outrageous fees and tell me I need procedures that I dont. All I want is a dentist that does great work at a reasonable price. Id love one that lets me make payments but those don't even exist anymore do they? I also need a kind dentist. Seriously. Ive had some of those horror story moments in the dentist chair and literally may have a panic attack just walking in the door...so..does anyone have a dentist that understands dentist anxiety, that doesn't overcharge, that may even take payments from someone that needs thousands of dollars of work done? I said the Concord/Charlotte area but I am willing to drive anywhere in the state if they are really good and reasonably priced. I really need to be able to smile again and not feel self conscious every time I do. Thanks in advance!
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-06-2013, 02:30 PM

314 posts, read 644,423 times
Some dentist will take Care Credit. If you are approved for it, you can make interest free payments for a pre-set amount of time. Maybe apply for that and see who in your area accepts it....good luck!

CareCredit® Healthcare Finance - Provider Locator (Financing for Cosmetic Surgery, Dental, Vision, Hearing, Veterinary & More)

Old 06-06-2013, 02:56 PM

4,015 posts, read 4,525,275 times
I went to the link and typed in Dental. I highly recommend Dr. Stacy Lesley or Dr. Mike Morton. I have personal experience with Dr. Lesley. I have heard great things about Dr. Morton.

Old 06-11-2013, 02:02 PM

Thank you for the answers..I do not qualify for the Care credit though I have tried.

Old 06-11-2013, 05:58 PM

930 posts, read 2,061,178 times
I have found a wonderful dentist. I, too, had a traumatic experience and have to either be sedated or have rx to even go and have xrays at a dentist. I went to Dental Works in Monroe. Dr. Nguyen (pronounced When) is wonderful, her entire staff is the nicest staff I have EVER dealt with in any medical office. They bend over backwards to make you feel comfortable. I have to have several procedures in the future. I am not sure about the payments. You could call and talk to them. Their number is 704-296-5100. Good luck!

Old 06-12-2013, 11:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by thebalogas View Post
I have found a wonderful dentist. I, too, had a traumatic experience and have to either be sedated or have rx to even go and have xrays at a dentist. I went to Dental Works in Monroe. Dr. Nguyen (pronounced When) is wonderful, her entire staff is the nicest staff I have EVER dealt with in any medical office. They bend over backwards to make you feel comfortable. I have to have several procedures in the future. I am not sure about the payments. You could call and talk to them. Their number is 704-296-5100. Good luck!
Thank you! I will give them a call
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte