Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-12-2007, 04:45 PM

7,937 posts, read 20,413,044 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevpol View Post
All I can say is that it will be Greek owned, Onsite bakery, Breakfast all day!, cheeseburger delux!, full counter with stools......Oh yeah, the coming soon sign will be up very shortly!!! If all goes well it will be open by spring/summer of 08.

NICE is all I can say

cheesburger Deluxe's yummmmm
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-12-2007, 04:52 PM

1,574 posts, read 4,761,239 times
Have any of you been to Good Ol Days in Matthews? It's in a strip mall, but just like a NJ Diner. I've been to so many places that are Greek owned and have diner fare. I'm surprised everyone is so excited about this. Maybe it's the diner atmosphere you miss?

Now, if we're talking bagels, that's something I can understand.

Last edited by SunnyKayak; 11-12-2007 at 09:17 PM..

Old 11-13-2007, 06:02 AM

810 posts, read 2,295,429 times
What are some other good breakfast places in Union Co. area? I enjoy taking the family out on weekends for pancakes, french toast, etc. I dread the thought that Flying Biscut is our best option. Not that its bad, I just refuse to wait 45 min for a table. Besides, I like toast over biscuts so I can make an omlett sandwich (being Italian I have to make a sandwich out of everything).

Old 11-13-2007, 06:51 AM

7,937 posts, read 20,413,044 times
well there is a place on Providence rd past Cureton, it was very good when a friend and I took our kids there for lunch..they also serve breakfast...otherwise you will have to wait for this new Diner to open...Ms Charlotte there is nothing like a cheeseburger Deluxe from a real diner, lol. and being from NY yum.We are going on thursday a bunch of us to Good Ole Days in the Arboretum, for breakfast she is from NY the owner.

Old 11-13-2007, 07:24 AM

674 posts, read 806,961 times
Does anyone looking for a deli ever go to Leo's near CPCC? I've been there and it's not my style, but I could see how some of you looking for a sandwich filled with heart-clogging pastrami might like it!

Old 11-13-2007, 08:26 AM

19 posts, read 17,788 times
Nice. I'm like 5 mins from ardrey kell and 521.

Old 11-13-2007, 09:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by berryjuice4life View Post
well there is a place on Providence rd past Cureton, it was very good when a friend and I took our kids there for lunch..they also serve breakfast...otherwise you will have to wait for this new Diner to open...Ms Charlotte there is nothing like a cheeseburger Deluxe from a real diner, lol. and being from NY yum.We are going on thursday a bunch of us to Good Ole Days in the Arboretum, for breakfast she is from NY the owner.
Oh, I agree. I'm just saying that there are places like Good Ol Days around. I've been to quite a few "grills" that are just like diners, and of course, owned by Greeks.

Maybe we'll finally get together for coffee when the new place opens?

Old 11-13-2007, 10:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by yrgm View Post
What are some other good breakfast places in Union Co. area? I enjoy taking the family out on weekends for pancakes, french toast, etc. I dread the thought that Flying Biscut is our best option. Not that its bad, I just refuse to wait 45 min for a table. Besides, I like toast over biscuts so I can make an omlett sandwich (being Italian I have to make a sandwich out of everything).
yrgm, there is a place on Monroe Rd, either in Stallings or right on the border of Stallings and Matthews. I can't for the life of me think of the name now, but it will come to me. It's a family style restaurant. They close on Sundays, though. There's also KC's Diner which is a small place in Stallings at the corner of Stallings Rd and Monroe Rd. Johnny K's serves a decent breakfast (Indian Trail) as well. And of course, the above mentioned Good Ole Days in the Arboretum. Hope that helps a bit!

Old 11-14-2007, 09:02 PM

620 posts, read 2,121,363 times
Anyone have any updates on this? I haven't seen a sign or anything - will it be in that new shopping center where they are building Harris Teeter?

Old 11-14-2007, 09:26 PM

536 posts, read 1,695,293 times
Question MMmmmmmmm!

I know seahawks had that get together a few months ago, if this Diner ever materializes we will all have to meet up at this place!

Since no one knows the name, lets all come up with some, my choice...

Cheeseburger in Paradise!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte