Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-12-2007, 10:04 AM

674 posts, read 796,217 times

Advertisements

Anyone going?

Quote:
On Saturday, November 24, you’re invited to climb aboard for FREE and
experience LYNX for yourself.
Along the way, you’ll stop at every LYNX station, including FOUR CELEBRATION STATIONS at 7th Street, the Charlotte Transportation Center at Bobcats Arena, East/West Boulevard and Bland Street.
These four stations will host special events from 10:00 AM to 1:00 PM, and you could even win one of our Grand Opening prizes.
Experience Lynx
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-12-2007, 10:06 AM

4,729 posts, read 19,363,353 times
My buddy's wife was downtown the other day and she said as she was driving by the line downtown, some tourists were waiting for the train. The train isn't even running yet and already somebody has been killed.

Old 11-12-2007, 10:10 AM

22,974 posts, read 65,273,706 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by groove1 View Post
My buddy's wife was downtown the other day and she said as she was driving by the line downtown, some tourists were waiting for the train. The train isn't even running yet and already somebody has been killed.
That is the second death I remember a few weeks ago someone else was killed.

I will try it in time but I dont know what is there to see heading from uptown past East/West Blvd.

Old 11-12-2007, 10:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by groove1 View Post
Yeah it was sad but the schmo was sitting on the tracks so frankly, it was pretty much his fault.

I think it will be cool to go the grand opening of the blue line. It's here, and I hope residents embrace it and use it.

I would think that, (as another poster stated this morning) that in 10 years northerners will outnumber all others here 5-1, those sophisticated city folk will take advantage of the public transportation

Old 11-12-2007, 10:15 AM

355 posts, read 987,987 times
i will use the lynx when i take my relocation trip in december. i think it will be as great as washington metrorail in coming years.

Old 11-12-2007, 10:20 AM

I'll use it for going to Checkers games. I actually was hoping it would be open for the auto show.

Does anyone know if the trolley will still operate? I have heard conflicting stories and cannot find a definitive answer.

Old 11-12-2007, 10:24 AM

Yes, according to the city the trolley will be back in business! The date for re-launch is Feb 6.

Old 11-12-2007, 10:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ncisgreat View Post
Yes, according to the city the trolley will be back in business! The date for re-launch is Feb 6.
GREAT NEWS! That is a good part of Charlotte's history and the reason there is a Dilworth and some other neighborhoods.

Old 11-12-2007, 01:03 PM

870 posts, read 3,515,166 times
Doesn't even come close to where I need it to begin or end. What a waste!
My son asked if we could take it to a Panther game one day, so we timed it. From our house in Charlotte to stadium, 11 miles, 20 minutes. From our house to Pineville, 6 miles, 15 minutes, then from station to station, approx 25 minutes based on CATS figures.

Old 11-12-2007, 01:09 PM

Oh wah, what a waste because it does not suit ME ME ME ME ME ME. I am sure there are others who will benefit though.

It's ONE line that's opening, maybe some of the others will suit you later.

This cracks me up too: Oh, it will take 25 minutes on the train so screw it, I'll drive.

EXACTLY the mentality I was talking about on the other thread. I was recently in NYC and it took me 45 minutes on the bus to get to a destination that would have probably taken me half the time if I drove. That happens on public transportation sometimes.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte