U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-13-2007, 04:43 PM

273 posts, read 1,291,537 times

Advertisements

we should just make a list of everything that bugs us to Ban from NC, specifically Charlotte. You know, bad drivers, mean people, sagging pants, non-charlotteans, whistling, kids whining, rain, cold weather, spiders, gasoline driven cars, etc etc.

I'm just kidding of course. I really just wanted to say that I'm happy that most of the regular posters on the charlotte forum are so nice and helpful. Ever since day one those people have given me so much info and good conversation. I think we have one of the best forums on City-Data, and a special thanks goes to having such a good moderator as Sunny. Hip Hip HOORAYYY haha. Loves also deserves some credit and I know I'm forgetting a lot of people but I just wanted to say....THANKSS
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-13-2007, 04:48 PM

45,242 posts, read 96,238,987 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jadedSOUL83 View Post
we should just make a list of everything that bugs us to Ban from NC, specifically Charlotte. You know, bad drivers, mean people, sagging pants, non-charlotteans, whistling, kids whining, rain, cold weather, spiders, gasoline driven cars, etc etc.

I'm just kidding of course. I really just wanted to say that I'm happy that most of the regular posters on the charlotte forum are so nice and helpful. Ever since day one those people have given me so much info and good conversation. I think we have one of the best forums on City-Data, and a special thanks goes to having such a good moderator as Sunny. Hip Hip HOORAYYY haha. Loves also deserves some credit and I know I'm forgetting a lot of people but I just wanted to say....THANKSS
Hey...are you getting the Christmas spirit already? More of these kinds of posts and we'll have to change your name from "Jaded"!

(glad to know you like it here, I do too!)

Old 11-13-2007, 04:51 PM

396 posts, read 1,378,026 times
I would like to ban roads that change names three or four times within a few miles span. When I was a newcomer, that whole "Tyvola/Fairview/Sardis/whatever" Rd threw me for a loop.

Also, I'd like to change a few names. Instead of "Sharon" getting all the attention, how about Betty Rd, and Susie Rd West, and Dorothy Amity?

Old 11-13-2007, 04:55 PM

382 posts, read 1,825,830 times
i want to ban smoking in public establishments ... seriously

Old 11-13-2007, 04:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovesMountains View Post
Hey...are you getting the Christmas spirit already? More of these kinds of posts and we'll have to change your name from "Jaded"!

(glad to know you like it here, I do too!)
Quote:
Originally Posted by 3johnsons View Post
I would like to ban roads that change names three or four times within a few miles span. When I was a newcomer, that whole "Tyvola/Fairview/Sardis/whatever" Rd threw me for a loop.

Also, I'd like to change a few names. Instead of "Sharon" getting all the attention, how about Betty Rd, and Susie Rd West, and Dorothy Amity?

hahaha you both are so silly.

With having 2 interviews over the last 2 days, and the prospect of getting a job I actually like I have been in a great and balanced mood lol. Dont let it fool you, it probably wont last long!

I would like to ban the way they create the openings to everyones driveway with that rounded slope that always seems so steep! I always bottom out in my little coupe! haha. I take back my statement about spiders though, I like seeing all different types of spiders around..its interesting (AS LONG AS THEY'RE NOT IN MI CASA!!) And also we cant ban non-charlotteans b/c then I would have to leave! haha and I dont want to!

Old 11-13-2007, 05:04 PM

ooo also wanted to say not as much in the xmas spirit as I am in the thanksgiving spirit! I am very excited to eat all that food! Out of all the places on the sticky list for places to eat on thanksgiving or things to do on thanksgiving what would be some of your veteran opinions on what me, my gf, and her friend that is coming to visit should do and where to eat?

Old 11-14-2007, 02:22 AM

14,267 posts, read 17,934,584 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pinkpocketbooks View Post
Yikes! Is there smoking in most stores and offices? I would never be able to work for a company where people smoked at work.

Old 11-14-2007, 05:11 AM

755 posts, read 2,383,982 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by justNancy View Post
Yikes! Is there smoking in most stores and offices? I would never be able to work for a company where people smoked at work.
I think she meant restaurants and bars.

Old 11-16-2007, 08:21 AM

876 posts, read 3,654,705 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pinkpocketbooks View Post

AMEN!!!

Old 11-16-2007, 08:30 AM

4,729 posts, read 18,696,074 times
When restaurants in SC willingly decide to ban smoking, you know things are changing. In Fort Mill, Towne Tavern, Six Pence and some other restaurants/bars do not allow smoking. Carmella's only allows it in the bar, which is actually a seperate room, so that is nice.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte