Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-17-2006, 06:43 AM

Location: Lots of sun and palm trees with occasional hurricane :)
8,293 posts, read 16,159,358 times

Advertisements

Good Morning everybody.
I was reading some posts yesterday and they said that the Winston Salem/High Point and another area I don't recall right now, were not the places to venture outside especially at night. Are there specific areas to avoid?
Another question: Is the Steel Creek community, I think it's Metro Charlotte area, in Mecklenburg County?
See you all later!!!!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-17-2006, 07:23 AM

45,217 posts, read 100,721,390 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by vpcats View Post
Good Morning everybody.
I was reading some posts yesterday and they said that the Winston Salem/High Point and another area I don't recall right now, were not the places to venture outside especially at night. Are there specific areas to avoid?
Another question: Is the Steel Creek community, I think it's Metro Charlotte area, in Mecklenburg County?
See you all later!!!!!
Yes, Steele Creek is in southwest Mecklenburg county.

Old 11-08-2006, 05:56 PM

8 posts, read 41,471 times
Is the Steele Creek area a safe place to live in?

Old 11-08-2006, 09:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cougargk View Post
Is the Steele Creek area a safe place to live in?
Steele Creek is a nice area - the last quadrant of Charlotte not totally overdeveloped (yet). There are even great little neighborhoods with water views all the way down Shopton Road. What is not as safe is the area approaching southwest Charlotte. If you have a map look at uptown and find S. Tryon/Hwy 49 as it leaves the uptown area. Trace it all the way down to Westinghouse Blvd. That is the area I personally would not live in

Old 11-09-2006, 08:22 PM

35 posts, read 166,064 times
Default Crime Stats

I've just read several threads concerning the crime rate in Charlotte and Mecklinburg county. Ranked 8th in the country for crime! I realize crime is everywhere and no place is safe, but to read about all these aquitted charges on so many repeat offenders is unreal to me. So what do most people do? Stay inside?

Old 11-10-2006, 01:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snowman View Post
I've just read several threads concerning the crime rate in Charlotte and Mecklinburg county. Ranked 8th in the country for crime! I realize crime is everywhere and no place is safe, but to read about all these aquitted charges on so many repeat offenders is unreal to me. So what do most people do? Stay inside?
Snowman, unless you plan to sell drugs in Charlotte, join a gang or have a family member mentally unstable enough to murder you in your bed - HAVE VERY LITTLE FEAR. These 3 things are really the deciding factor in who get murdered in Charlotte about 90% of the time. NO, we do not all stay inside - this is not south central LA - you rarely even see burgler bars on windows. This is a very nice community which has grown rapidly, thus attracting a gang/criminal element who seem to spend their time killing each other off. Sad, unfortunate but true. Crime stats certainly don't tell the whole story.

Old 11-10-2006, 06:01 PM

35 posts, read 166,064 times
Default Crime in Charlotte

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovesMountains View Post
Snowman, unless you plan to sell drugs in Charlotte, join a gang or have a family member mentally unstable enough to murder you in your bed - HAVE VERY LITTLE FEAR. These 3 things are really the deciding factor in who get murdered in Charlotte about 90% of the time. NO, we do not all stay inside - this is not south central LA - you rarely even see burgler bars on windows. This is a very nice community which has grown rapidly, thus attracting a gang/criminal element who seem to spend their time killing each other off. Sad, unfortunate but true. Crime stats certainly don't tell the whole story.
That's very good to hear. I've lived in some high crime areas before. I had to ask someone who actually lives in the area. I agree with you on the crime stats information. Thanks for the reply.

Old 04-13-2016, 11:26 PM

1 posts, read 1,446 times
South mint St Mecklenburg county is there high drug traffic

Old 04-14-2016, 08:45 AM

15,355 posts, read 12,650,100 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Snowman View Post
stay inside? well, I do think a nice chunk of CD doesn't venture out into the city but most people in Charlotte are out enoying the sites and sounds of the city. People who study crime stats who aren't in law enforcement are weirdos who like to scare themselves to sleep at night.

joking but not really.

Old 04-14-2016, 08:46 AM

398 posts, read 498,375 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Feltdesigner View Post
stay inside? well, I do think a nice chunk of CD doesn't venture out into the city but most people in Charlotte are out enoying the sites and sounds of the city. People who study crime stats who aren't in law enforcement are weirdos who like to scare themselves to sleep at night.

joking but not really.
Zombie thread alert.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte