Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-10-2013, 02:03 PM

36 posts, read 150,327 times

Advertisements

I live in mint hill and saw they out some landscaping in where the bridges is supposed to be...any updates?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-10-2013, 08:20 PM

601 posts, read 963,520 times
They're "tidying" up the site. The developer is still waiting on the NCDOT to release funds to widen the nearby section of Lawyers, and to construct a roundabout at the intersection of Bain School Road and Lawyers Road. They believe all of this could happen by early next year, or even by the end of this year.

I hope something happens soon. This project has been in limbo for about a decade now.

Old 10-10-2013, 09:49 PM

6,032 posts, read 9,207,489 times
Mint Hill and East Charlotte really are dead... UGH. It is a shame.

Old 10-11-2013, 05:52 AM

6,321 posts, read 10,335,027 times
How is Mint Hill dead?

The new town hall and old town hall/current police station look pretty nice IMO:

Kind of the border of Mint Hill, but they are also buiding a new small shopping center at Albemarle Rd. & 51 and as far as I know are still scheduled to break ground on a new hospital next year right off 485.

Old 10-11-2013, 05:59 AM

6,321 posts, read 10,335,027 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Third Strike View Post
They're "tidying" up the site. The developer is still waiting on the NCDOT to release funds to widen the nearby section of Lawyers, and to construct a roundabout at the intersection of Bain School Road and Lawyers Road. They believe all of this could happen by early next year, or even by the end of this year.

I hope something happens soon. This project has been in limbo for about a decade now.
Sources - Developers tidy up at site of future Bridges at Mint Hill complex

Plans for Mint Hill mall still in limbo | www.wsoctv.com

There apparently should be an update within the next couple weeks.

Old 10-11-2013, 08:00 AM

601 posts, read 963,520 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GoPhils View Post
How is Mint Hill dead?

The new town hall and old town hall/current police station look pretty nice IMO:

Kind of the border of Mint Hill, but they are also buiding a new small shopping center at Albemarle Rd. & 51 and as far as I know are still scheduled to break ground on a new hospital next year right off 485.
This is correct. To add to what you said, they are also building a Publix across the street from Harris Teeter, along with a shopping center and single-family houses, on Matthews Mint Hill Road. There have also been talks of a business park near Rocky River High School. Construction of a roundabout at the intersection of NC-51 and Idlewild. Plans of adding sidewalks in downtown Mint Hill.

Mint Hill isn't dead, it just needed a spark or two to get development rolling. I expect the areas around Albemarle Road, and the Bridges at Mint Hill area to become major shopping destinations one day, especially since they're right next to I-485.

Old 10-11-2013, 06:33 PM

That is great that it sounds like there will be an update soon. If they get that mall moving I think mint hill is really going to take off!

Old 10-12-2013, 12:58 AM

343 posts, read 685,812 times
Talking Mint Hill

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suncc49 View Post
Mint Hill and East Charlotte really are dead... UGH. It is a shame.
Yes they are dead now but I think the area is going to boom soon. It was going to before 2008 but then everything stopped in the economic shut down. But now that everything is coming back it's picking up where it dropped.
It is the next Mathews.

Old 10-16-2013, 10:36 AM

I think so too. I wish they would start it soon! It will be wonderful!

Old 02-12-2015, 06:19 PM

1 posts, read 2,861 times
What are some of the vacant buildings at the new Publix area going to be....Love our new stores in Mint Hill..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte