Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-20-2006, 04:55 PM

45,218 posts, read 100,681,934 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by stmaarten View Post
What I've noticed lately is that if I tell anyone that we're planning to relocate to NC, I will get comments like: "Why would you want to move there? They're having so much trouble with their school systems, they have no infrastructure, they hate Northerners, you'll always be considered a Yankee",...and my all time favorite: "there are race-riots everywhere you go down there." These comments are usually from people who are intimidated by change, or those who won't leave family and are basically "stuck" where they live.
I guess sometimes ignorance really is bliss
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-23-2006, 09:49 PM

35 posts, read 161,009 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by south.charlotte&union View Post
Hi there, long time no speak That's what my husband says -- now that we're here everyone can stop moving here. But I say, "bring 'em on..." It tends to be good for the career I've chosen
Hee hee! It took me this long to get what you meant by "long time no speak!" I'm a bit slow at the moment. Too many paint fumes. I kept thinking, "Who IS this person??" But I got it now! And for the record, I say that, too. And "y'all." You think I'm ready to be a Charlottean?

Old 10-24-2006, 07:09 AM

2,314 posts, read 2,832,446 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cynamo View Post
You think I'm ready to be a Charlottean?
The test is how do you eat your GRITS???

Old 10-24-2006, 11:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CharlotteAgent View Post
The test is how do you eat your GRITS???
Hee hee... okay, maybe I'm not. I'm guessing unless they're covered in sugar or chocolate, or deep fried, it ain't gonna happen. If it makes you feel any better, I don't eat rattlesnake, either. (It's a Phoenix thing.)

Old 10-24-2006, 11:20 AM

2,314 posts, read 2,832,446 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cynamo View Post
Hee hee... okay, maybe I'm not. I'm guessing unless they're covered in sugar or chocolate, or deep fried, it ain't gonna happen. If it makes you feel any better, I don't eat rattlesnake, either. (It's a Phoenix thing.)

Well glad you do not eat rattlesnake..... and if you can keep a secret I will tell you that I do not eat grits! My wife and kids love em. My 5 year old is still looking for the grit tree I keep telling him about.

Old 10-24-2006, 11:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CharlotteAgent View Post
Well glad you do not eat rattlesnake..... and if you can keep a secret I will tell you that I do not eat grits! My wife and kids love em. My 5 year old is still looking for the grit tree I keep telling him about.
Ha!!! That's hilarious! Glad to know I won't be the only grit-free person in Charlotte.

Old 10-24-2006, 12:19 PM

1,895 posts, read 6,166,732 times
Count me on the grit-free list (or is that grits-free?)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte