U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-15-2014, 09:39 AM

1,023 posts, read 1,264,123 times

Advertisements

Hey guys just looking around the forum and didn't see one that stated were everyone was from. Just a friendly post to see were you moved from and a tiny reason. I'll start first. Me I'm from Los angles and my partner from San Diego. We moved to be closer to family. His Mom is in Athens Ga and my Mom is in Raleigh. So we saw Charlotte for the mid point of the two. Been here for a year and some months. Hey we love Charlotte lol.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-15-2014, 12:00 PM

13,428 posts, read 10,361,499 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by choloboy36 View Post
Hey guys just looking around the forum and didn't see one that stated were everyone was from. Just a friendly post to see were you moved from and a tiny reason. I'll start first. Me I'm from Los angles and my partner from San Diego. We moved to be closer to family. His Mom is in Athens Ga and my Mom is in Raleigh. So we saw Charlotte for the mid point of the two. Been here for a year and some months. Hey we love Charlotte lol.
hold up? You are gay? I didn't think gays could live in Charlotte and love it?

I'm from the Burgh... the only one with an h at the end.

Old 01-15-2014, 02:34 PM

19 posts, read 28,291 times
Just recently moved from Chicago and love it!

Old 01-15-2014, 07:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Feltdesigner View Post
hold up? You are gay? I didn't think gays could live in Charlotte and love it?

I'm from the Burgh... the only one with an h at the end.

Well let's say that I hated it at first, (gay scene wise)
t I took it for What it was. I did my research and stuff does happen every week here. We meet some cool.people and I even do Sunday fun day every week so I fill in my own needs. So Yea I love Charlotte and to see all the new projects and freeway stuff going on makes the move great. Because Charlotte growth is explosive. Good to be apart of it because I dread driving down 485 South Charlotte at 3.30 every day lol.

Old 01-15-2014, 07:36 PM

3,783 posts, read 3,796,990 times
We moved down from the DC area in 2006. We wanted to escape the traffic and crazy home prices.

Old 01-16-2014, 07:00 AM

1,234 posts, read 2,049,584 times
I grew up about 20+miles east of Los Angeles. I then moved to the DC area for about 4 years before moving to Charlotte at the end of 2008.

Old 04-30-2015, 08:42 PM

1 posts, read 1,199 times
We live in Queens NY and rent a house that is being sold. Can't afford NY prices (I'm semi-retired). and hoping to find something affordable in the Allentown-Bethlehem area. Already looked at the Lancaster area but it might be a little too far. I appreciate any comments/suggestions.
Thanks

Old 05-01-2015, 12:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JDURBAN View Post
We live in Queens NY and rent a house that is being sold. Can't afford NY prices (I'm semi-retired). and hoping to find something affordable in the Allentown-Bethlehem area. Already looked at the Lancaster area but it might be a little too far. I appreciate any comments/suggestions.
Thanks
Holy smokes I completely forgot about this thread lol. Well I would say welcome to the area in advance if you decide to go with Charlotte. I currently have a apartment In south-end area so I can give you information If you need it. I'm not too familiar with the outer areas of Charlotte but there are some wonderful people on the Charlotte forum that can answer this better then I. I know some will ask the basics like what is your budget range, do you have a job lined up,any kids or pets and would you be willing to do a commute depending on the area you go with.

Old 05-01-2015, 08:04 AM

587 posts, read 576,330 times
Moved to Charlotte in December 2014 from Yonkers, NY. Main reason for the move was cost of living. So far we really like being here and have been very happy with our decision to move down here.

Old 05-01-2015, 10:11 AM

7,672 posts, read 10,993,547 times
Moved here almost 9 years ago from Florida. Love it and will never move back to FL. Moved here to get away from FL as its nothing like the childhood I had there.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte