Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-24-2014, 09:27 PM

8,402 posts, read 24,224,595 times

Advertisements

...has anyone been? I can't think of the name of it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-25-2014, 06:26 AM

1,921 posts, read 2,017,642 times
Casa Rita's Mexican Grill. Haven't eaten there yet, but they have a menu online at Welcome to Casa Rita's Mexican Grill

Old 02-25-2014, 06:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaddySpice View Post
Casa Rita's Mexican Grill. Haven't eaten there yet, but they have a menu online at Welcome to Casa Rita's Mexican Grill
Two in Texas, and one in Matthews. How does that happen?

Thanks for the info.

Old 02-25-2014, 09:18 AM

14,688 posts, read 26,612,994 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by vmaxnc View Post
Two in Texas, and one in Matthews. How does that happen?

Thanks for the info.
I tried them not too long after they opened. The service was very good, but the food wasn't spectacular. Wasn't bad, but wasn't anything great either. I've been planning to go back and see if it has improved any since they have been open longer.

Old 02-25-2014, 08:44 PM

211 posts, read 708,803 times
not very mexican at all, tex-mex and felt like I was in an old renovated wendy's or something. Not really missing anything

Old 02-25-2014, 09:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by aarononymous View Post
not very mexican at all, tex-mex and felt like I was in an old renovated wendy's or something. Not really missing anything
I saw a brisket taco on their menu. It doesn't get more Tex-Mex than that! For my purposes I'm fine with it.

Old 02-27-2014, 08:47 PM

469 posts, read 891,210 times
I ate there - the food tasted fresh and clean....if that makes any sense. it wasn't drenched in oil and sauce. I would agree that it's more tex-mex. I had a beef taco that was very good and a cheese enchilada that I wasn't crazy about. It had an odd taste that I couldn't pinpoint. When I got my check - it had written on there - sour cream sauce. So that might have been the odd thing. I ordered sour cream on the side, so maybe the server misunderstood me. We were done with our meal and I didn't feel like inquiring further. I would go back again if I found myself in the area - although there are so many Mexican places in the area that I would probably choose one closer to me.

The entire building was not a Wendy's - it started out being a steak house called Meadowview and then a BBQ place moved in called Elliot's. The entire place was gutted down to the foundation though and completely rebuilt and half of it houses the Genghis Grill (which I am not crazy about) and the other half Casa Rita's - I've heard both places are owned by the same people.

Old 02-28-2014, 05:53 AM

14,688 posts, read 26,612,994 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by vmaxnc View Post
I saw a brisket taco on their menu. It doesn't get more Tex-Mex than that! For my purposes I'm fine with it.
I don't really understand how tex-mex would be a negative like some people seem to think it is.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Go To Girl View Post
I ate there - the food tasted fresh and clean....if that makes any sense. it wasn't drenched in oil and sauce.
I know what you mean and you are right, it wasn't super heavy and you could actually identify what you are eating. This place reminded me of City Tavern in that I couldn't complain about the quality of the ingredients or how it was prepared but the flavor was just not there for me.

Old 02-28-2014, 07:28 AM

7,672 posts, read 12,818,359 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bs13690 View Post
I don't really understand how tex-mex would be a negative like some people seem to think it is.

It's not that it's negative but I would like to know before going if it's Mexican or Tex Mex as they are not the same. I am still looking for a Mexican place that has real mole dishes. (mol-ay and not the animal mole!)

Old 02-28-2014, 09:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by momtothree View Post
It's not that it's negative but I would like to know before going if it's Mexican or Tex Mex as they are not the same. I am still looking for a Mexican place that has real mole dishes. (mol-ay and not the animal mole!)
That's what I was going to post. I don't really care either way, because I seldom crave a certain Mexican dish, but some people would.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte