Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-15-2014, 10:05 AM

136 posts, read 390,127 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Go To Girl View Post
If you're still interested in Matthews, I know of a couple of houses in Matthews Estates that are not on the market yet, but people are moving so they will be. When homes go for sale in this neighborhood (the second off Country Place Dr across from Matthews United Methodist Church), they do not last long. In fact, many times, word of mouth comes about and the houses never go on the market - I know of 2 where this happened. One is having some work done before it goes on the market - the moving van was at the house last week and they are gone. No real estate signs have gone up, but there is a keybox on the door. Another one - I have just heard that the family is moving in June. I haven't seen any signs either. You can't get much closer to downtown than this neighborhood.

I would love the information if you could PM it to me. That would be great -- thanks!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-15-2014, 01:22 PM

469 posts, read 890,880 times
I did drive through that neighborhood today and there is a for sale sign on the house of the people moving in June - the street is Eden Wood Ct. I'll send you a message though.

Old 05-15-2014, 01:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kmoore8 View Post
Go To Girl

You are my Go To Girl for Matthews knowledge. I've seen several posters say that you should stay south of 74 when looking for homes in Matthews. I think I read you said the opposite. Explain, por favor?

And to answer that question - they are probably saying the same side as me. I don't really see a north or a south side of Independence Blvd as Independence kind of goes diagonally. The easiest way for me to describe it is on the downtown side if Independence - towards Pineville as opposed to Mint Hill. This probably would be considered to be South on a map. I just never look at it on a map.

Old 05-15-2014, 01:32 PM

6,321 posts, read 10,335,027 times
There are several nice subdivisions off of 51 coming into Matthews from Mint Hill before crossing over 74. Is that where you're saying to avoid?

Old 05-15-2014, 01:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Go To Girl View Post
I did drive through that neighborhood today and there is a for sale sign on the house of the people moving in June - the street is Eden Wood Ct. I'll send you a message though.
No need to send the message, I've seen it on the MLS in the past couple days!

Old 05-15-2014, 01:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoPhils View Post
There are several nice subdivisions off of 51 coming into Matthews from Mint Hill before crossing over 74. Is that where you're saying to avoid?
There are - and I wouldn't say necessarily to avoid the area. It's just most of the good stuff about what makes Matthews "Matthews" is on the other side of Independence and Independence is a monster dividing road. There are quite a few very nice subdivisions on the Mint Hill side - I just don't know anything about the schools that area feeds into - except the high school - both sides feed into Butler (I think). So I wouldn't say avoid it - I just wouldn't look there myself, but I'm biased. And by good stuff, I mean shopping, town hall, library, Farmers Market, YMCA, parks (lots of them), downtown Matthews, etc.

Old 10-01-2014, 02:54 PM

60 posts, read 158,397 times
I'm so happy you are on here Go to Girl, as Matthews is my top pick at the moment (but we have not even gone down there yet!) I'm just so perplexed by everything being a subdivision. I'm not used to that. I love sidewalks, front porches, being able to walk downtown, neighbors that are friendly, getting involved and helping a community. I get the feel that Matthews has this. . . Wondering what Holacondita decided to go with?

Old 10-07-2014, 06:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Racinefam View Post
I'm so happy you are on here Go to Girl, as Matthews is my top pick at the moment (but we have not even gone down there yet!) I'm just so perplexed by everything being a subdivision. I'm not used to that. I love sidewalks, front porches, being able to walk downtown, neighbors that are friendly, getting involved and helping a community. I get the feel that Matthews has this. . . Wondering what Holacondita decided to go with?
We ended up with a 5 year old resale in Stallings (Matthews zip code). We are in Union County. We love it here and we fell in love with the house. While I would love to pick up my house and put it in downtown Matthews, we just couldn't pass up this house itself. We are in zip 28104 and less than 10 minutes from pretty much everything in Matthews that we could need. So happy!

Old 10-09-2014, 07:56 PM

97 posts, read 129,839 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by holacandita View Post
We ended up with a 5 year old resale in Stallings (Matthews zip code). We are in Union County. We love it here and we fell in love with the house. While I would love to pick up my house and put it in downtown Matthews, we just couldn't pass up this house itself. We are in zip 28104 and less than 10 minutes from pretty much everything in Matthews that we could need. So happy!
Congratulations...the area is great.

Old 03-24-2016, 08:55 PM

3 posts, read 3,575 times
Default Need help Please!

Hello,

I came across this thread and I think I may be in the right place for some help. I am 34, have 4 kids, moving from NJ to the Charlotte area. I'm a banker and am relocating for work. I will be working in Charlotte. My wife and I were down last week looking at houses in Matthews and Indian Trail. We liked a few houses in each town and we are having trouble deciding. With 4 kids, ages 6, 5, 2, and newborn, schools are very important to us as well as community and activities and things like that. Any advice on places to live and avoid would be great appreciated. We don't care about malls or fancy restaurants, we just want a nice big house, 3,000 sq ft, a little yard, .25 or more of an acre and a community pool would be great for the kids.

Thank you so much!

Karatemike42
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte