Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-09-2007, 08:32 PM

16 posts, read 49,796 times

Advertisements

Anyone know what's going in at the corners of 84 and Waxhaw-Indian Trail roads?? I can see a Target is being built but what will be going with it? Also, anyone know what will be built with the Walgreens?

Thanks!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-09-2007, 08:58 PM

825 posts, read 2,808,271 times
Here's a previous thread, as you are not the first to ask that question.

//www.city-data.com/forum/charl...ey-chapel.html

The most recent possibility is for a YMCA to be built in this area. Sure is needed.

Old 12-09-2007, 10:14 PM

1,031 posts, read 2,411,856 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mflesch99 View Post
Anyone know what's going in at the corners of 84 and Waxhaw-Indian Trail roads?? I can see a Target is being built but what will be going with it? Also, anyone know what will be built with the Walgreens?

Thanks!
The building directly behind the Walgreens is a CMC Drs. office. The rest of the project has not gotten their sewer permits and are listed as priority three projects by the county. There's a whole list of other projects that are ahead of the Shoppes at Wesley Chapel project, and in fact it is a good possiblity that the site may not be completed at all if the capacity at the the 12 Mile Creek Sewer Plant runs out (again) before they can get permits. We may be looking at a vacant lot there for quite some time.

Old 12-10-2007, 06:32 AM

Location: Charlotte,NC, US, North America, Earth, Alpha Quadrant,Milky Way Galaxy
3,770 posts, read 7,515,274 times
I assumed that's why construction at the Wesley Chase (St. Lawerence) sub-div came to a screeching halt (just down the road near Wesley Chapel Elem. Nothing has happened for months there, I assumed it had to do with sewer permits.

I've heard such things as a dry cleaners, another Italian resturuant, and a starbucks. The starbucks seems strong since the only other coffee shop (Covenant coffee) closed it's doors since it would definitely not be able to compete with a starbucks.

Old 12-10-2007, 11:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miker2069 View Post
I assumed that's why construction at the Wesley Chase (St. Lawerence) sub-div came to a screeching halt (just down the road near Wesley Chapel Elem. Nothing has happened for months there, I assumed it had to do with sewer permits.

I've heard such things as a dry cleaners, another Italian resturuant, and a starbucks. The starbucks seems strong since the only other coffee shop (Covenant coffee) closed it's doors since it would definitely not be able to compete with a starbucks.
My friend still has plans to open his coffee house when and if they build the building. He feels that he can compete easliy with Starbucks, but needs a building to do so. The Starbucks probably will be in the Target, meaning it is run by Target, with Target employees wearing the green aprons.

Old 12-10-2007, 11:34 AM

14 posts, read 44,926 times
Good luck to your friend. Coffee houses are a tough business, but if it is a good one I would gladly go over Starbucks. Nothing against Starbucks, but I much prefer to support the smaller local businesses if at all possible.

Old 12-10-2007, 03:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by *SouthernYankee* View Post
Good luck to your friend. Coffee houses are a tough business, but if it is a good one I would gladly go over Starbucks. Nothing against Starbucks, but I much prefer to support the smaller local businesses if at all possible.
I hope he does well, he's really worked hard on this for over a year now. I've read his business and marketing plans and it is really good. He spent a fair amount time in Seattle and really learned the coffee scene out there. He also is a excellent pastry chef and plans to offer in house baked goods (all through the day) and does coffee/dessert catering on the side (he did a party for me about a week ago and my friends are still talking about how good it was). He's looking for a lunch caterer right now as well. He also is putting in a stage area, so that they can do open mic and accoustic music in the evenings. It will be a great asset to Wesley Chapel if folks will come out and support it.

Old 12-10-2007, 11:49 PM

536 posts, read 1,686,079 times
Thumbs up jazz sounds nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by jlat View Post
I hope he does well, he's really worked hard on this for over a year now. I've read his business and marketing plans and it is really good. He spent a fair amount time in Seattle and really learned the coffee scene out there. He also is a excellent pastry chef and plans to offer in house baked goods (all through the day) and does coffee/dessert catering on the side (he did a party for me about a week ago and my friends are still talking about how good it was). He's looking for a lunch caterer right now as well. He also is putting in a stage area, so that they can do open mic and accoustic music in the evenings. It will be a great asset to Wesley Chapel if folks will come out and support it.
Give me a name , I will support it anytime I go out there for my... Kids Dance, Church. But really I have never seen so many coffee houses since I moved here!

Old 12-11-2007, 05:37 PM

He's calling it The Coffee Table.

Old 12-20-2008, 02:21 PM

6 posts, read 28,168 times
where is he looking to put that in
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte