Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-10-2014, 08:37 AM

48 posts, read 75,385 times

Advertisements

I have long black hair & is looking to get it layer & color. I have been hopping around to a few salons over the years & still haven't found one I like or trusted. If you know of anyone you can recommend that is reasonable & AMAZING, that would be great! I need someone with experiences & a good reputation. I can't afford to have my hair botched! I have had bad experiences. Thank you!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-10-2014, 11:53 AM

4 posts, read 10,959 times
I also have long black hair which I get colored and layered as well. I go to Cutting Image Salon on Woodlawn and my stylist is Rachel Vicks. My only gripe with the salon is there are a few catty women who work there that talk smack about you to your face and behind your back. I put up with it because Rachel does great work and is super nice. Also, most mid-price range salons have a catty contingent present.

Old 03-10-2014, 12:52 PM

533 posts, read 936,670 times
Rattail Jimmy's Salon - South End - Charlotte, NC | Yelp

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Ratta...56239664444217

Ask for Corey.

Old 03-10-2014, 01:12 PM

@Romytoes, thank you for the suggestion. I have read great reviews about the work done by Cutting Image Salon. But the reviews on the receptionist weren't that great. Sounds like a place I would want to avoid... I will keep Rachel Vicks in mind. I'm planning to get ombre/balayage coloring done.

Old 03-11-2014, 12:25 PM

397 posts, read 665,077 times
I would highly recommend Planet 21 Salon(s). They have 4 locations around Charlotte. The great thing about Planet 21 is that the stylists only do either cuts or color. So basically, you are getting a colorist that does only color and a stylist that does only cuts. They also have a "level" system. I have seen Stephanie at the Arboretum location for years (for my color/highlights) and she is awesome! I always ask for one of the highest level stylists for my cuts when I get layers. I have really really straight hair and when it comes to layers, one must really know what they are doing. But for simple trims without any intricate layering, any of the stylists are good. Good luck!!

Old 03-19-2014, 06:49 PM

Thank you for the suggestions ladies. I went to a salon in South Park for a consultation for cut, style & color (ombre) which will take approximately 3 1/1-4 hours & the cost is $250!!!!! Whoa I can't imagine paying that much.... Now I'm thinking that I should just leave my hair black like it is... I have always have long hair down to my lower back because it grows out so fast. I hardly get highlights or color because of that. I can't afford to touch up my hair every month or so... I thought getting an ombre would be nice & different b/c I wouldn't have to worry about touching up my roots. but now I feel disappointed..

Old 03-19-2014, 07:34 PM

397 posts, read 665,077 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nlv1981 View Post
Thank you for the suggestions ladies. I went to a salon in South Park for a consultation for cut, style & color (ombre) which will take approximately 3 1/1-4 hours & the cost is $250!!!!! Whoa I can't imagine paying that much.... Now I'm thinking that I should just leave my hair black like it is... I have always have long hair down to my lower back because it grows out so fast. I hardly get highlights or color because of that. I can't afford to touch up my hair every month or so... I thought getting an ombre would be nice & different b/c I wouldn't have to worry about touching up my roots. but now I feel disappointed..
How about bayalage highlights? My girl Stephanie at Planet 21 Arboretum was just chatting with me about them last month.

Old 03-20-2014, 10:31 AM

841 posts, read 2,476,442 times
Check out David Ross Salon - they're awesome! I've had my hair done by David himself and by Tia and I've left extremely happy each time. I find that hair salons in Charlotte are very expensive! I don't remember ever paying so much to get my hair done in NYC!

David Ross Salon - Southend Charlotte

Old 03-22-2014, 05:59 AM

531 posts, read 1,079,808 times
If you are willing to drive to waxhaw downtown, check out fuzion.

Old 04-11-2014, 02:19 PM

4 posts, read 10,959 times
@nlv1981, I wanted to give you the heads up that Rachel left Cutting Image and is now at Selwyn Avenue Salon. I went there last week for a cut and color (ran me $150 without tip) and the new salon is great/super friendly.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte