Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-05-2014, 11:25 AM

10 posts, read 59,880 times

Advertisements

Hey Guys,

I was passing by the intersection of Dixie River Rd. and Hwy 160 right by Charlotte Premium Outlets, and I noticed the trees were being cleared there. I was wondering if anyone had any info on what's being planned for that area? New restaurants I hope? I've attached a photo of the exact area I'm talking about.

Thanks!
Attached Thumbnails
New Restaurants Near Charlotte Premium Outlets?-outlet-mall.jpg  
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-05-2014, 11:51 AM

3,774 posts, read 8,190,813 times
I've heard the first two things will be a car wash and a mcdonalds.

Suburban essentials, lol.

Old 05-05-2014, 11:59 AM

1,117 posts, read 2,806,989 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Native_Son View Post

Haha.....nothing screams Premium more than a car wash and a McD's.

Old 05-05-2014, 11:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Native_Son View Post

Haha wow that's exciting! lol

We could really use a good steakhouse in that area. Something I can sink my teeth into!

Old 05-05-2014, 12:12 PM

1,117 posts, read 2,806,989 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by noobie_charlottean View Post
Haha wow that's exciting! lol

We could really use a good steakhouse in that area. Something I can sink my teeth into!
I'm sure the obligatory Outback/Lone Star/Longhorn is just around the corner...whether that fits your description of good is another matter.

Old 05-05-2014, 12:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Megax View Post
I'm sure the obligatory Outback/Lone Star/Longhorn is just around the corner...whether that fits your description of good is another matter.
One of those would be just fine. As it is, there is nothing at all to eat in that area. The closest areas with any food are Rivergate and Whitehall.

Old 05-05-2014, 12:46 PM

8,237 posts, read 13,510,143 times
Bojangles is currently the only thing being built...

Old 05-05-2014, 01:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chromekitty View Post
Bojangles is currently the only thing being built...
Yeah I've seen that too. Not all that excited about that. lol :P

Old 05-05-2014, 01:23 PM

1,898 posts, read 2,261,101 times
That area will contain a couple of restaurants, a convenience store, a hotel, and other retail. The restaurants may be fast food.

There will be five nice restaurants up the road in front if the mall.

A diagram is on the second slide of this presentation:

Steele Creek Residents Association Meeting - Outlet Mall - RiverGate - Cabela's Presentation

Although it's been announced that the mall will open on July 31, there's been no announcement on the other development. It's likely they're concentrating on getting the promised road updates as complete as possible before the mall opening. It looks like an awful lot of stuff to get done by the end of July!

The Bojangles is under construction across Steele Creek Rd. There'll be another convenience store there as well.

Old 05-05-2014, 01:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NCDave View Post
That area will contain a couple of restaurants, a convenience store, a hotel, and other retail. The restaurants may be fast food.

There will be five nice restaurants up the road in front if the mall.

A diagram is on the second slide of this presentation:

Steele Creek Residents Association Meeting - Outlet Mall - RiverGate - Cabela's Presentation

Although it's been announced that the mall will open on July 31, there's been no announcement on the other development. It's likely they're concentrating on getting the promised road updates as complete as possible before the mall opening. It looks like an awful lot of stuff to get done by the end of July!

The Bojangles is under construction across Steele Creek Rd. There'll be another convenience store there as well.
Thanks for that, Dave! Very informative. I'm looking forward to hearing what those restaurants will be.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte