U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-07-2014, 02:06 PM

2 posts, read 3,819 times

Advertisements

Hello People of Charlotte,

I am out to pick your brain I conduct small workshops (10-20 people) in the Charlotte area. I am hoping they will get even bigger as time goes on. It is something I LOVE doing. However, I am struggling in finding reasonable priced locations to use. I have been seeking a small inexpensive meeting room space. I would only be looking to use it about 2 Saturdays per month - only for about 4 hours each Saturday. I am even open to renting the space occasionally in a unique location - church etc.

Any ideas to share, would be SO VERY much appreciated!

Thank you.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-07-2014, 02:13 PM

23,518 posts, read 29,377,456 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tsmalls512 View Post
Hello People of Charlotte,

I am out to pick your brain I conduct small workshops (10-20 people) in the Charlotte area. I am hoping they will get even bigger as time goes on. It is something I LOVE doing. However, I am struggling in finding reasonable priced locations to use. I have been seeking a small inexpensive meeting room space. I would only be looking to use it about 2 Saturdays per month - only for about 4 hours each Saturday. I am even open to renting the space occasionally in a unique location - church etc.

Any ideas to share, would be SO VERY much appreciated!

Thank you.
Have you checked with the conference center in Gastonia?

Kings Mountain has a senior citizen center/conference center, however, they won't be renting for a few months, starting next month, as they are expanding it.

Old 06-07-2014, 04:55 PM

149 posts, read 493,322 times
Several of the county parks have meeting spaces. I'm not sure what sort of requirements you have (internet, etc) but if you are looking for interesting and pretty locations, you may want to check out the County Parks website.

Old 06-08-2014, 11:03 PM

2 posts, read 3,819 times
Thank you so much for the suggestion! I will keep that in mind for the future. Right now the people that attend my workshops are mostly Charlotte residences.

Old 06-13-2014, 02:52 PM

469 posts, read 782,161 times
Check the Matthews Women's Club as well - it's a small house that would accommodate your numbers and have some room for growth.

And I think that the town of Matthews will rent out various sized rooms at the Community Center.

The Levine Senior Center probably has space as well - I've never been there though. I have been to the other 2 places.

All of those places should have contact information on their websites

Old 06-14-2014, 10:16 AM
cfr

152 posts, read 338,851 times
Specifically what hours would you need the room? I realize with 4 hours you probably will not be needing any food, correct?

Old 06-16-2014, 08:03 PM

645 posts, read 835,835 times
If there's no money involved, your public library usually has meeting rooms available. You may have to alternate between 2 libraries to get reliable convenient schedules.

If you belong to a church, you might be able to rent a room for meetings. Churches always need income.

Old 01-26-2015, 07:34 AM

8 posts, read 14,633 times
BanquetOne in Charlotte is great for conducting repeat events. They have two large rooms fully equipped with audio/visual. I have a friend who rents the place for every Tuesday for 5 hours to conduct training classes. From what I hear they offer monthly rates for repeat events.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or