Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-30-2017, 05:11 PM

1,985 posts, read 2,067,270 times

Advertisements

Thanks to all the realtors and relators for reassuring us that you are needed. I didn't have a doubt you would take an opportunity to make sure we all know you're needed to navigate the home buying and selling process. Always a buyers market when you sell and sellers market when you buy - right?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-03-2017, 08:31 AM

398 posts, read 984,087 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thebalogas View Post
Most people don't know or appreciate our value or what we really have to do behind the scenes.
If so, sounds like a failure on your part to make sure your client(s) aware of everything you do behind the scenes. Without which, I'm sure, anyone would guess that you aren't doing anything.

Old 10-03-2017, 08:47 AM

15,355 posts, read 12,644,374 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Essequamvideri View Post
Thanks to all the realtors and relators for reassuring us that you are needed. I didn't have a doubt you would take an opportunity to make sure we all know you're needed to navigate the home buying and selling process. Always a buyers market when you sell and sellers market when you buy - right?
lol

Old 10-03-2017, 09:11 AM

459 posts, read 698,807 times
Must be Halloween, zombie threads popping up everywhere

Old 10-03-2017, 10:54 AM

547 posts, read 773,930 times
I only need a realtor to open the door. Not sure why that’s worth a 6% commission.

Old 10-03-2017, 02:36 PM

645 posts, read 1,068,521 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thebalogas View Post
I know this is an old thread, but koodos for you realizing that you need a realtor for a new build. Most people don't know or appreciate our value or what we really have to do behind the scenes.
Unfortunately, realtors have themselves to blame for the way in which they are perceived. I've been unimpressed by every realtor I've engaged for buying and selling. Most knew or cared little-to-nothing about the properties and really did do little more than open the door.

I was on the property when one agent came to show the house. I stayed out of the way. I was in the back yard when the prospective buyer walked by. As they walked away, I asked if either noticed the brand new roof and leaf guard gutters or did they know about the central air that I installed six months ago, or the French drain I put under the house.

"Uh, no."

Neither bothered to look at the literature.

The prospective buyer came back with the agent for another look, but he didn't buy, but at least he came back.

It seems that at least some realtors are quite interested in listing houses, but when it comes to actually selling, they're not too interested. I know one guy who lists and does his best to know his listed property as well as the property that he sells. I think that guys like him are few and far between.

Old 10-03-2017, 04:22 PM
NDL

4,518 posts, read 5,646,444 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Essequamvideri View Post
What's sad is that a bunch of lazy, unscrupulous, people, tar the image of hardworking real estate professionals.

Old 10-03-2017, 07:41 PM

1,985 posts, read 2,067,270 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NDL View Post
What's sad is that a bunch of lazy, unscrupulous, people, tar the image of hardworking real estate professionals.
True. Successful realtors are hardworking. Effort pays.

Old 10-03-2017, 08:10 PM

930 posts, read 2,160,871 times
I feel the same way. I am sad that I chose to join a profession that has given themselves such a bad reputation. I find it hard to believe myself. Please don't lump us all together. The job is not as easy as some would believe, there is a lot that we do for no payment of any kind. Some of us became realtors so that we could take care of our clients and make sure that they were totally covered during the buying process , making sure to have the best inspectors, lenders that cared to find the best rates and terms, and good attorneys. Some of us really care. And, unless we are on both sides of the sale, we are not paid the rate mentioned above. That's all negotiable, anyway.

Old 10-03-2017, 08:11 PM

604 posts, read 652,683 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LarryBGood View Post
Unfortunately, realtors have themselves to blame for the way in which they are perceived. I've been unimpressed by every realtor I've engaged for buying and selling. Most knew or cared little-to-nothing about the properties and really did do little more than open the door.

I was on the property when one agent came to show the house. I stayed out of the way. I was in the back yard when the prospective buyer walked by. As they walked away, I asked if either noticed the brand new roof and leaf guard gutters or did they know about the central air that I installed six months ago, or the French drain I put under the house.

"Uh, no."

Neither bothered to look at the literature.

The prospective buyer came back with the agent for another look, but he didn't buy, but at least he came back.

It seems that at least some realtors are quite interested in listing houses, but when it comes to actually selling, they're not too interested. I know one guy who lists and does his best to know his listed property as well as the property that he sells. I think that guys like him are few and far between.
main reason very few care about details (upgrades, repairs) is that there are only 3 main things that really matter when selling/buying:

1. location
2. location
3. location

Many years ago when we sold our second home I was beyond frustrated when an agent (most known in the area) came in my home just to talk list price, had no interest to see the house.
He said that he knew prices for similar homes sold in my neighborhood and needed no more info to sell my house, it is about location and nothing more.
At the time I almost threw him out and chose another agent who thought our house was worth a lot more than what the "famous" agent told us.
Couple of months later I came to sell the house to what the "famous" agent told me in the first 5 minutes.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte