Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-14-2014, 05:50 AM

6,032 posts, read 9,210,341 times

Advertisements

I need recommendations for a real estate attorney in Charlotte to handle a closing on a property.

Also does anyone know what this type of service may cost?

Considering purchasing a home from an owner with no agent.

Thanks -
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-15-2014, 10:57 AM

48 posts, read 75,370 times
Please use an agent!!! Its better that you are protected than not be. Speaking from a family member's experience who is in the process of closing a house which is a for sale by owner & it has been a nightmare!

Old 07-15-2014, 01:24 PM

958 posts, read 1,724,534 times
You should use an agent. But, anyway.

Doyle & Wallace : Real Estate Closing Attorneys for NC and SC

Old 07-16-2014, 06:18 AM

6,032 posts, read 9,210,341 times
I respect the need to agent's but this is an arms length transaction between family members.

Old 07-16-2014, 07:04 AM

821 posts, read 1,854,700 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Suncc49 View Post
I respect the need to agent's but this is an arms length transaction between family members.
Understand the attorney should only represent you and not the family members. They need to get their own attorney to be on the safe side. An attorney can, but should not, represent both sides - and where it's family matters, both sides need their own counsel.

Old 07-16-2014, 09:32 AM

52,431 posts, read 26,618,587 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nlv1981 View Post
Please use an agent!!! Its better that you are protected than not be. Speaking from a family member's experience who is in the process of closing a house which is a for sale by owner & it has been a nightmare!
If you have worked out a deal with a seller, then I see nothing that an agent can provide except to increase the costs by 6%. It's a win win for the seller & buyer.

Old 08-12-2014, 10:09 PM

6 posts, read 11,979 times
Everyone says use an agent, but they are probably agents. I have done nine real estate transactions. Three with agents. Three of those were disasters. Two, I got reamed. One was fine but it wouldn't have been necessary--and there was one hiccup I think she could and should have avoided for me. I'm in the camp of -- if you are somewhat savvy and definitely know the property and owners and can do your own due diligence, save 6% and just have an attorney get title insurance and do the paperwork.

Make sure there is no mold problem, no faulty wiring, no lead pipe, no lead paint, no structural issue, get a home warranty, get title insurance, and have your attorney do all the correct paperwork. You need a current, signed Offer to Purchase and Contract. There is only one correct form approved for the state of NC by the NC Board of Realtors, updated this past year.

Richard McIntyre in the University area is honest, ethical, thorough, and does nothing but RE closings for about 100 years. He's a nice guy, too. Call him. I think the cost is about $450/$475 for a typical closing.

Old 08-12-2014, 10:45 PM

467 posts, read 1,496,455 times
The national association of realtors and the NC realtor board would love for you to think that you NEED an agent and that you're at risk without one. They work very hard to justify their existence and maintain control in a world that doesn't really need them anymore. The education (2 weeks) they provide the agents/brokers is rather insignificant. A quality agent/broker can add value, but the vast majority know nothing but how to fill in a standard NC realtor contract.

I have also heard that richard mcintyre is good, although I haven't used him for a closing.

Old 08-16-2014, 12:52 PM

1 posts, read 1,501 times
Hands Down

Dale Fussell - 4600 Park Rd CLT 704-365-6515
Escrow, HUD Prep, Title Search / Insurance, Final Closing
No Agent is needed in NC.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte