Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-20-2007, 07:54 PM

7 posts, read 24,646 times

Advertisements

Family and I are looking to move to Taylor Glenn in 2008 - can anyone tell me about the neighborhood and schools? Any info would be appreciated. Thanks
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-20-2007, 08:01 PM

9,116 posts, read 17,718,482 times
Kids living in TG will be attending "Sun Valley Elem. School" in 08-09. Along w/1/2 of Brandon Oaks, & Shiloh Trace I believe.

SVES is currently being constructed "behind" Shiloh Elementary School.

SVES will start off on a "traditional" schedule but there's talk about chaning to a Year round, but nothings set in stone yet.

If you want more info, goto the union county website and search on schools...

good luck!

Old 12-20-2007, 08:03 PM

1,435 posts, read 5,766,427 times
Sold a few in there. Bonterra is the majority builder. Local(Union County) family owned builder with several other communities.

Good experience overall from clients to myself on each transaction. The community has done very well in my opinion. A good Saturday visit on a nice day and you will see a lot of people out and about. I believe one of the schools, maybe two, are year round.

I know there are a few members on here that live in the neighborhood so maybe they will chime in as well. Also other agents might offer up opinions.

They have some good deals right now on inventory.

Old 12-20-2007, 09:00 PM

Only one school in that area will be/is year round. Shiloh Elementary School. TG kids will not goto Shiloh.

Elementary School kids in TG will be going to Sun Valley ES
Middle School kids will goto Sun Valley MS
HS kids will goto Sun Valley HS...

All three are traditional schedules...

pretty easy to remember!

I've included a color coded boundary map of the elementary schools for union county for 08-09. If you scroll down, Taylor Glenn is in the pinkish section labeled " ES 'K' "

Also agreed w/Charloteean. Inventory is staggeringly high in many, many subdivisions right now and for some time to come. Great deals can be had.

http://fpc.ucps.k12.nc.us/documents/ApprovedESJandKBoundariesfor2008-09SchoolYear.pdf (broken link)

Hope this helps....

If you have any more questions, e-mail Don Hughes the UC Director. He responded pretty quickly to me each time I had a question....

Old 12-21-2007, 05:25 AM

53 posts, read 233,614 times
Hi there. I live in the community and I think it's great! PM me if you'd like. My only complaint is the HOA fees. They are a little pricey. Shiloh elementary is an awesome school and I'm hoping that the new Sun Valley Elementary will be as well. It is a very family oriented community and we just started a neighborhood watch as well. A great place to live!

Old 04-10-2008, 06:05 PM

29 posts, read 98,735 times
We are thinking about moving in, we just put a offer on a house in TG and waiting to hear back. We have four children ages 14,11,8,5 .. I am very excited and hope this is a great move for our family...

IF anyone can tell me more about it and if there are allot of children in that neighborhood? I would greatly appreciate it!

Old 04-24-2008, 10:30 PM

3 posts, read 9,589 times
I moved here from the Marvin area of Union County and love it. The only issue I have is with the whole HOA dues and cable issue, which hopefully will be worked out in time. We just got a dish and it works great. The builder owns the cable company and it is less than bad...and if you live on the newer side you have to pay for basic cable in your HOA dues (but the HOA is actively seeking to get that rectified)

There are kids of all ages....just drive through on a warm Saturday afternoon and you'll see them everywhere. A playgroup meets every week at the clubhouse...most of the kids are toddler age...1-4 yo.

The schools are great...and the new Sun Valley Elementary opens this fall.

I think you will love it here!

Old 02-06-2011, 10:03 AM

1 posts, read 3,894 times
Whats wrong with the HOA dues?!?!??! Are there any ridiculous demands that the HOA puts on the homeowners?

Old 02-06-2011, 10:15 AM

If you have an issue w/specific issue, please start a new thread. We try to avoid regenerating years old threads....

Old 02-06-2011, 10:38 AM

539 posts, read 1,497,802 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sabrinak View Post
Whats wrong with the HOA dues?!?!??! Are there any ridiculous demands that the HOA puts on the homeowners?
FYI - This thread is 2 yrs old.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte