Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-26-2007, 08:55 PM
TCK TCK started this thread

166 posts, read 565,462 times

Advertisements

Where are all the pictures of Matthews or Mint Hill? Please someone, take some pics one day and post. Much appreciated.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-26-2007, 09:02 PM

10 posts, read 31,425 times
Not much there to take pictures of, these are mostly just bedroom communities for people working in Charlotte.

Old 12-26-2007, 09:31 PM

Thanks Don't fall. Something to think about.

To be honest I can't wait to take a trip to NC. I have never been there. I am sure it is so different though from here (New Mexico). Even though I will get tired of mowing grass, I look forward to seeing it and smelling it again. We have a lot of adobe houses here and regular, but the style and construction of houses in NC is different.

Every chance I get, I ask anyone I strike up a conversation with - have you ever been to NC? Did you like it? Everyone has said it is "beautiful".

I live where we don't have a real hospital (have urgent care and E.R.), movies, a mall, a college (not even junior college). But I believe that these towns will seems so much more quaint and livable. Time will tell.

Old 12-27-2007, 08:33 AM

10 posts, read 31,425 times
Matthews and Mint Hill are nice places to live. Lots of golf courses in the area, medical facilities, places to eat, stores, etc. Most jobs in those towns are services jobs since most of the other types of work are in Charlotte where the biggest part of the people living in the community work. The commute to Charlotte isn't bad though since the State work along Independence Blvd and the Outer Belt has been completed. One real good thing about that side of town is that you are closer to the beach than everyone else in Charlotte.

Old 12-27-2007, 11:15 AM

Thank you don't fall. Sounds good.

Where I live, we honestly don't have a quaint down town. There is nothing charming about it.

Funny too, I lived in south Florida for 42 years. I might have gone to the beach 5 times. My kids are always asking me why I moved them away from the beach, they would love to go.

In Rio Rancho NM where I live presently, we have mountains. That was a first for me. I like the mountains and snow. My kids do not like mountains but would probably appreciate a little bit of hills here and there. I would be the one venturing out to the mountains but would take kids to the coast. My kids say they miss rain and grass. Majority of yards here are gravel/rock.

I am in the medical field but have worked at home forever (radiology transcriber). I could still work at home but with retirement approaching in twenty years, might go to the city for benefits. Would love to play catch-up and do both (work at home and outside).

If we have enough time, these are the cities I would like visit before deciding:

1. Matthews.
2. Mint Hill.
3. Zip code 28262 (charlotte)
4. Winston-Salem
5. Clayton.

My gut feeling is it will be Mint Hill.

My son likes the basketball program at Matthews, age 19. I take it would be easy to go from Mint Hill to Matthews.

Thanks.

Old 12-27-2007, 11:26 AM

4 posts, read 10,474 times
If you are looking to move to the Charlotte suburbs, I would recommend looking in the Waxhaw area. It is a very quaint, unspoiled town that is still convenient to Charlotte and all of its ammenities.
The following links should help:
www.waxhaw.com/
www.visitwaxhaw.com/
www.millbridgenc.com

Old 12-27-2007, 11:36 AM

185 posts, read 583,276 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TCK View Post
Thank you don't fall. Sounds good.

Where I live, we honestly don't have a quaint down town. There is nothing charming about it.

Funny too, I lived in south Florida for 42 years. I might have gone to the beach 5 times. My kids are always asking me why I moved them away from the beach, they would love to go.

In Rio Rancho NM where I live presently, we have mountains. That was a first for me. I like the mountains and snow. My kids do not like mountains but would probably appreciate a little bit of hills here and there. I would be the one venturing out to the mountains but would take kids to the coast. My kids say they miss rain and grass. Majority of yards here are gravel/rock.

I am in the medical field but have worked at home forever (radiology transcriber). I could still work at home but with retirement approaching in twenty years, might go to the city for benefits. Would love to play catch-up and do both (work at home and outside).

If we have enough time, these are the cities I would like visit before deciding:

1. Matthews.
2. Mint Hill.
4. Winston-Salem
5. Clayton.

My son likes the basketball program at Matthews, age 19. I take it would be easy to go from Mint Hill to Matthews.

Thanks.
Tck, I'm sorry I don't have any photos to post , but I must comment on the growth in Mint Hill. We recently drove the area (spots we normally do not go)
and we were amazed at the Growth in Mint Hill. Developments popping up all over town , keep in mind many in price range from 300.000-500.000 and some pre construction priced! We also drove off 485 and Lawyers road over 51 where the new big mall is planned to go(although we did not see any land being cleared yet) and right across the street from that are also new developments .One looked like a million dollar gated community (nice)
Yes ,all this going on right in the heart of Mint Hill.
and Mint Hill to Matthews is a hop skip and a jump away.
Good luck to you!

Old 12-27-2007, 11:40 AM

2,445 posts, read 7,453,580 times
Quote:

1. Matthews.
2. Mint Hill.
4. Winston-Salem
5. Clayton.

If you are looking for a quaint town don't miss Davidson (north of Charlotte) and Belmont (west of Charlotte).

Old 12-27-2007, 03:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by plcare View Post
If you are looking to move to the Charlotte suburbs, I would recommend looking in the Waxhaw area. It is a very quaint, unspoiled town that is still convenient to Charlotte and all of its ammenities.
The following links should help:
www.waxhaw.com/
www.visitwaxhaw.com/
www.millbridgenc.com

I just checked out visitwaxhaw.com and watched the video Christmas card.
Enjoyed. Thanks. Definitely quaint.

Old 12-29-2007, 01:25 PM

45,217 posts, read 100,729,092 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TCK View Post
I just checked out visitwaxhaw.com and watched the video Christmas card.
Enjoyed. Thanks. Definitely quaint.
Waiting for the rain to pass and the sun to shine again, then I'll post a few
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte