U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Closed Thread Start New Thread
 
Old 03-27-2007, 05:41 AM
 
Location: Jackson, MS
473 posts, read 1,476,288 times
Reputation: 82

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by aardvarks View Post
China Grove and Landis are two nice small towns between Kannapolis and Salisbury (Two Larger towns) in Rowan county. Definitely worth a look before you buy. Good Luck.
Hey, Aardvarks!

Seems like I heard some "burning crosses meetings" in China Grove many years back when I lived in Winston-Salem. Don't know how true it was then but the guy who told me believed he had good reason to avoid the area...
Rate this post positively

 
Old 03-27-2007, 05:44 AM
 
1,453 posts, read 4,787,317 times
Reputation: 734
Quote:
Originally Posted by niknaxx View Post
Hey, Aardvarks!

Seems like I heard some "burning crosses meetings" in China Grove many years back when I lived in Winston-Salem. Don't know how true it was then but the guy who told me believed he had good reason to avoid the area...
How many years back did you live in Winston Salem? Have you been to NC lately?
Rate this post positively
 
Old 03-27-2007, 06:25 AM
 
Location: Cornelius
2,314 posts, read 2,268,595 times
Reputation: 287
niknaxx currently lives in Huntersville
Rate this post positively
 
Old 03-27-2007, 07:24 PM
 
Location: Asheville
7,549 posts, read 6,355,263 times
Reputation: 6874
Hey Niknaxx, I have no idea whether that was the case then or not, I'm inclined to believe it, I seriously doubt that it it's the case today. I was in China grove yesterday, at the post office, everyone is so nice there, and it's such a beautiful town.
Rate this post positively
 
Old 04-10-2007, 08:44 PM
 
1 posts, read 2,059 times
Reputation: 10
My husband and I are also looking at China Grove - what can anyone tell us about the town??
Rate this post positively
 
Old 04-10-2007, 10:48 PM
 
Location: Jackson, MS
473 posts, read 1,476,288 times
Reputation: 82
Red face Winston-Salem

Quote:
Originally Posted by businessperson View Post
How many years back did you live in Winston Salem? Have you been to NC lately?
To answer your question, I lived outside of WS about 8 years ago and currently live in Huntersville, have for almost a year now. I've also lived in Asheville, too. I have lived in NC for many years and I'm very familiar with the area concerned. My husband and I were in that vacinity a few months back. There is nothing like Lexington Style BBQ, IMHO, and we go back whenever we can for it! It's only an hour's drive from here and don't know where to get LS-BBQ here...

I am not a trouble-maker that just posts things to get a rise out of people or intentionally provides misinformation. That was my understanding of the area that I was told by a black man that I used to work with back when I lived outside of WS. I actually lived much closer to Lexington, but not all are familiar with Lexington, so I usually say I lived outside of WS. I stand by my info and believe it is accurate.

Because I openly posted it in a public forum, I even asked a black lady a recently and she said she would not be surprised about the KKK in China Grove. She said it was no place that she would want to live because of it. She said she wouldn't be surprised that the KKK was in her backyard. She's a native North Carolinian, and has lived in several areas and there are certainly areas that she would avoid living in NC. Just because Charlotte is very transient and has a mixture of all kinds of cultures and races, not all areas in NC are.

Since you're concerned about my background, what's yours concerning that particular area? I've lived near there, have you?
Rate this post positively
 
Old 04-12-2007, 01:49 AM
 
Location: Jackson, MS
473 posts, read 1,476,288 times
Reputation: 82
Red face Research...

Quote:
Originally Posted by niknaxx View Post
To answer your question, I lived outside of WS about 8 years ago and currently live in Huntersville, have for almost a year now. I've also lived in Asheville, too. I have lived in NC for many years and I'm very familiar with the area concerned. My husband and I were in that vacinity a few months back. There is nothing like Lexington Style BBQ, IMHO, and we go back whenever we can for it! It's only an hour's drive from here and don't know where to get LS-BBQ here...

I am not a trouble-maker that just posts things to get a rise out of people or intentionally provides misinformation. That was my understanding of the area that I was told by a black man that I used to work with back when I lived outside of WS. I actually lived much closer to Lexington, but not all are familiar with Lexington, so I usually say I lived outside of WS. I stand by my info and believe it is accurate.

Because I openly posted it in a public forum, I even asked a black lady a recently and she said she would not be surprised about the KKK in China Grove. She said it was no place that she would want to live because of it. She said she wouldn't be surprised that the KKK was in her backyard. She's a native North Carolinian, and has lived in several areas and there are certainly areas that she would avoid living in NC. Just because Charlotte is very transient and has a mixture of all kinds of cultures and races, not all areas in NC are.

Since you're concerned about my background, what's yours concerning that particular area? I've lived near there, have you?
I also performed some research and found that China Grove had KKK meetings there. It may have been many years ago but there were meetings and recruiting going on. There were also meetings all over NC, and NC was one of the top KKK supporters in the US. This appears to be more common in the South than some areas.

In more recent years, there have been cross burnings in Durham and Charlotte, but no one knows who did them, whether KKK or not. There also has been recruiting flyers circulated in Raleigh and Greensboro, and the Rhino is suing the KKK for putting flyers in their newspapers. I also found chapters recruiting in Mt. Holly, Kings Mountain, Alexis, and a board that looks just like this one called White Pride World Wide, appears to be around Raleigh. Greensboro has a lot of info in a local paper. Do some research on Virgil Griffin and Daniel F. Barrett. There also have been issues with other groups like Skinheads, too, recruiting in many of the little suburbs of Charlotte, as late as 2003. These are current happenings over the past several years. Although it varies by klan, the KKK's current platform appears to be illegal aliens but they have also had a history of issues with blacks, jews, gays, unions, northerners, etc. Since I am not originally from the South, I obtained quite the education about it and their history.

I am not a realtor or trying to sell property, and I can provide backup for what I've found. Are they prevalent - no - kind of more underground than they used to be. But I also don't go looking for their meetings or asking about them, other than my internet research. There is crack, heroin, and gangs here, but I don't go looking for them, either, and I'm certain they are here that I don't need to look for them. There is quite the history here in NC that some may not be aware of. It's amazing what you can find online when you look into it, but be careful because you might just find something that you don't want to know...

Moderator cut: This thread is no longer dealing with the original topic.
Rate this post positively
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Closed Thread



Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
Similar Threads
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6. The time now is 03:36 PM.

© 2005-2020, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Contact Us - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37 - Top