Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-01-2008, 06:56 PM

201 posts, read 968,913 times

Advertisements

OK. So hubby and I have been here for one week from NY. Driving around tons and have been looking online at homes for months.

Today was one of the first days out with my realtor, but I fell IN LOVE with a house. Scares me that it's on of the first I've seen (actually, I've seen about 15...LOL)....I didn't expect to buy so fast..but it's in our price range and on almost 3/4 acre!!!!!!!!!!!!! Not in a huge older community but a very small older community...

It's in Ballantyne which I really like but wasn't sure I'd settle there.

The elem is Hawk Ridge, and Community House and Ardrey Kell...

This is all cool, right?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-01-2008, 07:08 PM

2,560 posts, read 8,557,706 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by moremoremore View Post
OK. So hubby and I have been here for one week from NY. Driving around tons and have been looking online at homes for months.

Today was one of the first days out with my realtor, but I fell IN LOVE with a house. Scares me that it's on of the first I've seen (actually, I've seen about 15...LOL)....I didn't expect to buy so fast..but it's in our price range and on almost 3/4 acre!!!!!!!!!!!!! Not in a huge older community but a very small older community...

This is all cool, right?
Ballantyne area where you are is fine. Schools are great too. Did you buy "in" Ballantyne or in the Ballantyne "area"? Both are fine!

Welcome to Charlotte!

Old 01-01-2008, 07:10 PM

5,979 posts, read 19,905,350 times
Good for you for falling in LOVE with a house...great feeling...

and IMO, yes it is good, Hawk Ridge, Community House and Ardrey...

Old 01-01-2008, 07:10 PM

45,217 posts, read 100,772,237 times
Quote:

This is all cool, right?
YES Hawk Ridge is very well regarded. And Ardrey Kell is currently tops in the academic rankings for high schools in Charlotte.

Old 01-01-2008, 08:12 PM

Thanks guys! Yes, it's in Ballantyne....everyone I know here kept pushing the area, so part of me didn't want it

But when I saw this house, I noticed the huge acreage and lay out... It is a really wooded street right by new developments so it does feel a LITTLE out of place to me...but that is a strange reason not to buy a house.

I'm back and forth on whether to keep looking...

Old 01-01-2008, 08:19 PM

4,139 posts, read 11,495,398 times
I would keep looking even if you plan to make an offer....if this offer falls through then at least you have some back up ideas.

That is what we did and I am glad because I was sure the house that had been on the market over a year would work out and the day we put in an offer there was another offer on the table that had just gone through a couple of days before! GRRR!!! I still dream about that house, but, oh well....

Dawn

Old 01-01-2008, 08:41 PM

235 posts, read 730,470 times
Also depending on where in Ballantyne you are the elem may end up being Elon Park when they open it. We are in Ballantyne and DS is in Elon park on tom short for the year till this one opens. DD is in Ardrey LOVES it...great school and amazing teachers. Good luck...

Old 01-01-2008, 08:50 PM

35,879 posts, read 77,529,774 times
Quote:
Thanks guys! Yes, it's in Ballantyne....everyone I know here kept pushing the area, so part of me didn't want it

But when I saw this house, I noticed the huge acreage and lay out... It is a really wooded street right by new developments so it does feel a LITTLE out of place to me...but that is a strange reason not to buy a house.

I'm back and forth on whether to keep looking...
Doesn't hurt to keep looking - as Dawn said - might be a good idea to have a back up chosen. . . but if you have found something you like, location is right and price is on target . . . maybe you just have a super realtor! And w/ doing your homework . . .

I had worked w/ our realtor about 4 months via computer and phone, told her exactly what I wanted, including location, style of house, layout . . . and we only looked at three houses . . . bought the third one! And we have been very happy w/ our decision.

Good luck! Let us know how it goes . . .WELCOME!!!

Old 01-02-2008, 07:48 AM

Thank you so much!
Yes, realtor is great, but I'm also an internet freak I spent hours and hours for the last two months looking at homes...but they are always different in person...they always crop out the bad stuff...of course

Old 01-02-2008, 08:09 AM

4,729 posts, read 19,434,959 times
The Ballantyne area is great. We live in SC but are close to it and go there for church, movies, shop, and eat.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte