Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-16-2014, 11:07 AM

1,028 posts, read 1,443,320 times

Advertisements

well this came as a shock to me My question is the the City going to keep the funds or are we still going to help pay highways to nowhere elsewhere in the state.

North Carolina plans early work on Independence Boulevard toll lanes | CharlotteObserver.com
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-16-2014, 05:28 PM

3,774 posts, read 8,193,236 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by choloboy36 View Post
well this came as a shock to me My question is the the City going to keep the funds or are we still going to help pay highways to nowhere elsewhere in the state.

North Carolina plans early work on Independence Boulevard toll lanes | CharlotteObserver.com
The city???

Why would the city keep money they don't collect for travel on a road they don't own? Did you read the article? It says "the State" and "NCDOT" multiple times, lol. Of course this money goes to Raleigh for tea party pork projects down east.

Old 11-16-2014, 05:29 PM

3,774 posts, read 8,193,236 times
I'm all for it though. Move closer to work, or sit in traffic or pay a toll. It's real world economics, the suburbs sponge effect is unsustainable.

Old 11-16-2014, 07:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Native_Son View Post
The city???

Why would the city keep money they don't collect for travel on a road they don't own? Did you read the article? It says "the State" and "NCDOT" multiple times, lol. Of course this money goes to Raleigh for tea party pork projects down east.
Yes the city. What Raleigh gets there road's widen but we get a toll on 77 north, now 74 and coming up 485 south. Oh and this is supposed to get our infrastructure up to par. Is this fair now. Wtf is in eastern NC. Nothing and theres a reason why they are loosing population. Oh but let's takes funds from here to build freeways and promote development and for what. Nothing is there and it isn't going to increase population.

Old 11-16-2014, 07:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Native_Son View Post
I'm all for it though. Move closer to work, or sit in traffic or pay a toll. It's real world economics, the suburbs sponge effect is unsustainable.
I'm all for it also but the state makes it seem that the only we can get projects off the ground is from tolls and that's not fair. You wanna make it fair. Toll Greensboro, Winston Salem, Wilmington, Durham and more in Raleigh then. Why is charlotte getting the most tolls out of everyone. The way I see it is the state wants to milk the biggest city and put the funds elsewhere. This crap sucks

Old 11-16-2014, 07:19 PM

343 posts, read 686,006 times
Tolls are very corrupt. Leave the tolls in the north unless the southern states want to cancel vehicle tax. We shouldn't be charged double.

Last edited by chrharris; 11-16-2014 at 07:19 PM.. Reason: Spelling

Old 11-16-2014, 07:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chrharris View Post
Tolls are very corrupt. Leave the tolls in the north unless the southern states want to cancel vehicle tax. We shouldn't be charged double.
The very reason why me and my partner's car are still registered to California.

Old 11-16-2014, 07:29 PM

7,672 posts, read 12,813,691 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by choloboy36 View Post
The very reason why me and my partner's car are still registered to California.
Well you won't be charged double then. If you don't pay the vehicle tax, then why are you complaining about the tolls? Because you can't get around it as you do now by not registering your cars?

Old 11-16-2014, 07:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by momtothree View Post
Well you won't be charged double then. If you don't pay the vehicle tax, then why are you complaining about the tolls? Because you can't get around it as you do now by not registering your cars?
One im all in for tolls i just dont fill its fair for charlotte to get all of them and others arnt. Me and my partner are gettting the Ez pass because we hate being stuck in traffic. We dealt with that in San Diego and Los Angeles. (Over it) Here we don't like how the state go about this toll crap. Everyone is being taxed gas, car tax and now tolls. I don't have to be registered here to see how bad the state is going about this. Oh and we do get our gas here so yes we still get taxed and the state takes that money elsewhere but Charlotte.

Last edited by choloboy36; 11-16-2014 at 07:46 PM..

Old 11-17-2014, 12:01 AM

958 posts, read 1,724,085 times
I hate tolls
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte