Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-02-2014, 04:25 PM

80 posts, read 98,674 times

Advertisements

Looking to move to Cornelius - Marina Shores apt.

Can anyone offer any info regarding Marina shores - good or bad?
Also I will be commuting to work to work in the University areas. Any advise on traffic or driving? Any recommendations on back roads to take. I was told there are back roads that can get me to WWT Harris pretty quick.
Thanks !
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-02-2014, 06:52 PM

6,319 posts, read 10,350,079 times
I looked there when I first moved to the area in 2011. Things have probably changed since then, but although they've got a good location on the lake, for the price they were charging the apartments seemed dated. I ended up living at Bexley Lake Norman which was okay but if I had to do it again I think I probably would have chosen the Colonial Grand Cornelius.

My wife actually commuted to the University area and pretty much hated it. Not sure what back roads someone told you about but I'm not really aware of any that would save much time. She took Statesville Rd. most of the time which was probably easier than 77 but not by much. WT Harris can back up as well so I'd count on it taking around 45 minutes most of the time.

Living in Huntersville could save you a few minutes each way. There are several similar complexes off of exit 25 of I-77.

Old 12-03-2014, 08:33 AM

80 posts, read 98,674 times
Thank you! Yes, I was also checking out the Bexley as well. I will also check out Colonial Grand. I think stateville road is probably what they were speaking of when they mentioned back road. LOL..

I am also looking in Huntersville, but it seem hard to find a good school. The schools seem to be hit and miss in Huntersville.

Thanks again! Really appreciate it!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte