Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-29-2015, 12:21 PM

20 posts, read 39,233 times

Advertisements

Hi All,

We live up in the Boston area (in 3 feet of snow) and will be empty nesters in 24 months at which time we'd like to move somewhere in NC and make some new friends, play tennis, golf, bike, hike during our free time. We both still have to work as we'll be mid fifties at that point.

I can work anywhere and my husband is a UNIX IT administrator.

Any suggestions for good communities with lots of active tennis players and people our age near RTP or Charlotte? Don't need school systems anymore and we will likely rent for the first year to get a good sense of the housing opportunities in the state.

Thanks,
Karen
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-29-2015, 12:23 PM

387 posts, read 638,018 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Livingoutloud123 View Post
Hi All,

We live up in the Boston area (in 3 feet of snow) and will be empty nesters in 24 months at which time we'd like to move somewhere in NC and make some new friends, play tennis, golf, bike, hike during our free time. We both still have to work as we'll be mid fifties at that point.

Any suggestions for good communities with lots of active tennis players and people our age near RTP or Charlotte? Don't need school systems anymore and we will likely rent for the first year to get a good sense of the housing opportunities in the state.

Thanks,
Karen

Ummm...you might want to post this in the Charlotte or Triangle (NC) forum rather than the Denver Forum.

Old 01-29-2015, 01:33 PM

26,210 posts, read 49,022,743 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ALStafford View Post
Ummm...you might want to post this in the Charlotte or Triangle (NC) forum rather than the Denver Forum.
Thread moved to Charlotte forum.
- Realtors are welcome here but do see our Realtor Advice to avoid infractions.
- Thank you and enjoy City-Data.

Old 01-30-2015, 09:18 AM

2,221 posts, read 4,390,912 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Livingoutloud123 View Post
Hi All,

Thanks,
Karen
too many to name..the best tennis communities are in South Charlotte. Kind of depends on your budget.

Old 01-30-2015, 03:52 PM

249 posts, read 458,175 times
lake norman has an outstanding tennis community. check out LNTA website. There are several different clubs that you can join also.

Old 01-30-2015, 04:34 PM

193 posts, read 495,704 times
One of the best Tennis/Golf communities around the Charlotte Area is The Point located in Mooresville NC on the shores of Lake Norman. The Tennis and Golf club is Trump National Charlotte. A great deal will be determined by your budget; and the neighborhood has all ages and a good school system. Even though you don't need the schools, It certainly helps keep the value in your investment. Many of the homes are either directly on the Lake or have boat docks with Lake Access. Another great thing about the Mooresville Area is the new Tennis Center that is being built and should be finished within the next two months. It will certainly raise the bar and bring a new level of competition to the area. Take a look and if you have any more questions, feel free to contact me!

Old 01-30-2015, 07:51 PM

2,221 posts, read 4,390,912 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by carlaagnini View Post
One of the best Tennis/Golf communities around the Charlotte Area is The Point located in Mooresville NC on the shores of Lake Norman. The Tennis and Golf club is Trump National Charlotte. A great deal will be determined by your budget; and the neighborhood has all ages and a good school system. Even though you don't need the schools, It certainly helps keep the value in your investment. Many of the homes are either directly on the Lake or have boat docks with Lake Access. Another great thing about the Mooresville Area is the new Tennis Center that is being built and should be finished within the next two months. It will certainly raise the bar and bring a new level of competition to the area. Take a look and if you have any more questions, feel free to contact me!
Nice venue at the point, have good knowledge on the tennis program at Trump. depends on if they are looking for high level tennis or a social thing. Seems like OP interest focused more on tennis. Overall tennis scene is best in south Charlotte area. Can elaborate once OP indicates what their budget is.

Old 01-31-2015, 01:24 AM

492 posts, read 637,956 times
One of the biggest club I have ever seen is Olde Providence Racquet Club. Thirty something clay courts, 5 indoor courts for winter play, and the only Platform tennis courts in Charlotte. You are guaranteed play on one of the ladies interclub teams, and there are lots of mixers to meet ladies and couples to get on other teams.

Old 02-01-2015, 08:40 AM

77 posts, read 137,343 times
I just started playing tennis last summer, and I've been surprised at how much opportunity there is here. There are lots of clubs, but Charlotte Parks & Recs has a lot of opportunities, including leagues and ladders as well: Tennis
Also consider joining meetup.com and searching for tennis groups. I have enjoyed the groups I've joined very much. I think you'll be pleasantly surprised.

Old 02-02-2015, 03:01 PM

129 posts, read 201,154 times
I moved here recently and while my complex does not have a tennis club I am having no problem finding people to play with - so keep your options open.

I am in the same age group as you are.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte