Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-09-2008, 04:14 PM

431 posts, read 1,668,686 times

Advertisements

I hate to even open up this can of worms in a forum like this in fear of over reaction and unwarranted fear, but a friend of mine made me aware of a pattern of Burglaries that has taken place inside of Weddington Chase as of recently. I was advised that during a HOA meeting that a Union County Sherriff was present to discuss these matters and prevention techniques. He also said that he thinks they were daytime Burgs and that the perp would possibly knock or ring first and if no answer would force the door open.

Unfortunately this is 3rd hand information and I am wondering about the accuracy surrounding this. I live extremely close to Weddington Chase and If this is valid information I would like to pass it along to my community. So I am hoping someone of knowlege can shed some light on this and help the rest of the community by sharing some facts. Obviously knowledge of these situations is extremely important in preventing and hopefully prosecuting these slime bags.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-09-2008, 04:34 PM

1,242 posts, read 4,035,294 times
Default crime

probably true it has been a problem everywhere lately....not sure where you are coming from but suburb crime is a real problem down here. I keep my alarm on at all times and don't answer the door unless I know the person.

Ballantyne-area neighborhoods on alert
KIRSTEN VALLE
kvalle@charlotteobserver.com
Residents of at least four Ballantyne-area neighborhoods are on alert after a string of home invasions this month.
Police say three suspects have broken into five houses since Jan. 2, stealing thousands of dollars worth of valuables.
The men pull up to the homes in a burgundy SUV, knock, and if no one answers, kick the door in, police said. They dash inside and spend about 10 minutes grabbing items such as laptops, DVDs and Nintendo Wiis.
If you see anything suspicious in your neighborhood, call 911.

Old 01-09-2008, 04:37 PM

379 posts, read 644,967 times
Sad but true.

Neighbors on alert after Ballantyne break-ins 2:50 PM | Local News | News for Charlotte, North Carolina | WCNC.com | Top Stories (http://www.wcnc.com/news/topstories/stories/wcnc-010908-ah-breakins.587b123.html - broken link)

Old 01-09-2008, 06:42 PM

138 posts, read 413,064 times
So far it seems as if the most affected communities have been in the Blakeney Area (Somerset, Hunter Oaks and Providence Country Club) That, unfortunately, does not mean people in other communities shouldn't be concerned. Burglars like this tend to move swiftly from one area to another to avoid being caught. The best thing you can do is be vigilant: Make your neighbors aware, notify HOA to send out a cautionary letter/email, and use your alarm, even when at home. Sad, but we must be wary.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte