U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-11-2008, 10:06 PM

2 posts, read 6,528 times

Advertisements

My wife and I are moving to the Charlotte area and are looking for an apartment.

Where is a good area for a young people (age 25) to live and mingle? I'm looking for an apartment for around $800 or less.

I guess you could consider us artsy. We're not planning on having kids anytime soon, so it's not really a family type area that we're looking for.

My wife is a beautician. I'll be commuting to Mint Hill.

Thank you for any advice you can give.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-13-2008, 09:47 AM

157 posts, read 758,051 times
I would check out NoDa. You are sure to find a place for around $800, and there are a number of places to meet other young people. You would probably appreciate the eclectic variety of people and places too.

Old 01-13-2008, 10:04 AM

22,974 posts, read 61,804,693 times
do you your homework on NODA

NoDa Information Please!!!

if you use search feature by going back to charlotte forum and on right click search you can find many valuable threads to give you ideas.
Young Couple to Rent in Charlotte -- But Where? Help!
good neighborhoods for young couple?
Young Couple possibly moving to Charlotte
Neignborhoods with fewer children?

Old 01-13-2008, 11:11 AM

2,742 posts, read 6,293,279 times
In addition to NoDa, you might also want to check out Plaza/Midwood and Southend. FYI, apartment options in Plaza/Midwood will more likely be a house or duplex that is for rent.

Plaza Midwood Neighborhood - Charlotte, NC

Plaza-Midwood - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Charlotte's Historic South End, Discover, Celebrate, Live

South End (Charlotte neighborhood) - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Old 01-13-2008, 12:36 PM

1,435 posts, read 5,453,341 times
I think that after you read those pieces of info on NoDa and visit the place you will be pretty disappointed. Just my opinion of course. I've had several friends over the years that moved to NoDa and promptly left for another area of town.

We head over there every now and then but I wouldn't personally live there.

Old 01-28-2008, 01:54 PM

7 posts, read 24,799 times
My fiancee and I are about the same age, just bought a townhome in the South End area. We rented in the 4th ward until we sold our condo in Chicago...South End seemed like a really good fit for us. I know Camden has some nice apartments in the South End...not sure of the pricing though.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
View detailed profiles of: