Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-14-2008, 12:06 PM

46 posts, read 114,752 times

Advertisements

Hello, I need help....please. I moved to Charlotte about 1 year ago. I decided to rent the first year so I could get a good feel for the city and choose the best area to purchase a home. Im currently living in the Arboretum/Matthews area. This area has been a perfect fit for me. Excellent schools, lots of shopping places, low crime, easy commute to work. I would love to purchase in this area. But unfortunately Im not going to be able to afford to purchase a home here. My purchase price is about 120k-130k. Im leaning towards purchasing a townhome. I believe houses in the Arboretum area probably start at at least 250k. I prefer to stay in south Charlotte but also realize it's one of the pricer areas to own. Can someone offer any suggestions on other areas that may be in my price range as well as offer the same characteristics as the Arboretum? Also, does anyone have estimation of condo fees?

Thanks!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-14-2008, 01:31 PM

1,521 posts, read 4,954,573 times
I know you live on the other side of town but you can get some real nice townhomes in the Huntersville area in your price range.

Old 01-14-2008, 01:32 PM

1,435 posts, read 5,771,054 times
There are a few different options around the area you are considering. The Owner's Association Dues will differ from community to community. It really depends on what amenities they have, amount of insurance coverage, etc..

Old 01-14-2008, 02:03 PM

2,560 posts, read 8,558,673 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by QC Misfit View Post
I know you live on the other side of town but you can get some real nice townhomes in the Huntersville area in your price range.
I concur about Huntersville! Probably one of the better suburbs in Meclenburg County! Also depends on where you work at in the Charlotte area.

GOD LUCK!

Old 01-14-2008, 02:16 PM

1,453 posts, read 5,152,016 times
You can get 2 bedrooms, 2 baths at Copper Ridge in Ballantyne for $129,90. Association fees are $127/mo.

Old 01-14-2008, 02:25 PM

422 posts, read 1,366,914 times
There is a great townhome neighborhood on the corner of Providence and Mckee. Its a Portrait Homes community call "Covington at Providence". They are done building, but I have seen some resales going on there...

Charlottean, Do you know what community Im talking about?

Old 01-14-2008, 02:28 PM

3 posts, read 7,219 times
Do NOT, I repeat, do NOT move to Huntersville! The traffic is simply horrendous. I got out of there after gritting my teeth going to and from work for 12 months. Too many people, and they are way behind updating the road system. It will take years to catch up, if they ever do. My advice is to keep looking in the area you like.

Old 01-14-2008, 02:29 PM

422 posts, read 1,366,914 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bssGirl View Post
Do NOT, I repeat, do NOT move to Huntersville! The traffic is simply horrendous. I got out of there after gritting my teeth going to and from work for 12 months. Too many people, and they are way behind updating the road system. It will take years to catch up, if they ever do. My advice is to keep looking in the area you like.
It also depends on where you work.

Old 01-14-2008, 03:55 PM

1,435 posts, read 5,771,054 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NewBeginnings12 View Post
There is a great townhome neighborhood on the corner of Providence and Mckee. Its a Portrait Homes community call "Covington at Providence". They are done building, but I have seen some resales going on there...

Charlottean, Do you know what community Im talking about?
Yes, good suggestion but its a little too high for the price range they quoted.

There are normally at least 5 resales available in that community but typically listed at $150K min.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte