Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-01-2008, 01:07 PM

2 posts, read 3,582 times

Advertisements

Hi guys,
I would like to move to north carolina precisely at charlotte and go to school at University of North Carolina at Charlotte.
I would like to know where exactly the school is located that is to say in downtown or somelse ans i would like to know if i can easy find a appartment affordable and staff.
i know that i am asking for a lot but please help me.
Thank you
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-01-2008, 02:48 PM

78 posts, read 233,779 times
UNCC is exit 46 off of I-85/Mallard Creek Church Rd. East. The area is growing and there are alot of apartments. I read somewhere that they are going to build a campus uptown eventually. I'm sure others will respond and may better answer more specifically some apartment names, links, etc.... Good Luck

Old 06-01-2008, 03:07 PM

2 posts, read 3,582 times
Do u know by any chance how much do i need do pay if i want to rent an appartment on my own?
do u live around there?
thank you for replying.

Old 06-01-2008, 03:25 PM

45,218 posts, read 100,712,871 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mya321 View Post
Do u know by any chance how much do i need do pay if i want to rent an appartment on my own?
do u live around there?
thank you for replying.
Mya, apartment rents start at around $550-600 a month, but some are in the 700 and 800 range even. I would be careful with anything under $500. in Charlotte myself.

Here is my advice to you - contact the university first. Find out what you have to do to be accepted. If you qualify and are accepted there are people at the university that can give foreign students like yourself help on finding housing. Good luck!

Old 06-01-2008, 03:25 PM

85 posts, read 193,780 times
the apt. i live at is a two bedroom about five minutes from the university and i pay $450 per month plus utilities. there are no shortage of apts. around the university and in terms of distance from uptown it is about fifteen minutes if you take north tryon and go straight.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte