Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-02-2015, 12:32 PM

3 posts, read 9,059 times

Advertisements

My husband and I and our 4 kids are considering moving out to the Waxhaw/Weddington area. We currently live in south Charlotte and are trying to decide on neighborhood options. The biggest factor is, of course, schools, but we're pretty familiar with those and all the zoning issues, etc. After that, we'd like to be in a neighborhood with tons of kids (ours range in ages from 2 to 11). Ideally, we'd also like a neighborhood with amenities like pool and playground. We're looking to stay under $600K... low to mid $500's would be great. We really like Weddington Chase a lot, but the homes in our price range tend to need tons of work (i.e. wallpaper and brass everywhere) or are not in great locations in the neighborhood, like right under power lines. And, yes, we're aware of the retail coming in right there. Anyway, we're thinking we'll have to look elsewhere to stay in budget. I've talked to people about some of the other neighborhoods we're considering, but haven't heard much about Quellin. I know it's not all brick like WC and is more of a mix of price ranges, but don't much more than that. Anyone live there that could provide some input into the kids situation, neighborhood activities, vibe, etc.? Thanks in advance!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-02-2015, 12:40 PM

343 posts, read 600,650 times
I'd pick Millbridge over Quellin or Cureton every day of the week. You can get a fantastic house with the best amenities in the area.

Old 06-02-2015, 01:02 PM

Thanks. Yeah, the amenities there are definitely amazing! But we'd really like 4-sides brick and Millbridge doesn't seem to offer much in that arena, although there are beautiful homes in there.

Old 06-02-2015, 02:23 PM

64 posts, read 95,410 times
Classica homes builds in Cureton. They build a great home. One of the hottest neighborhoods is Barber Rock by Bonterra. they have all brick and great amenities.

Old 06-02-2015, 03:01 PM

113 posts, read 149,973 times
Lake Forest Preserve may be worth looking at as well.

Old 06-02-2015, 03:57 PM

Thanks you guys. We've actually looked at the Classica home that we could afford (there's only one right now). We aren't sure about the amount of kids in that part of Cureton as there doesn't seem to be many... if any. If you have any insight on that, that would be appreciated too. And we are actually keeping an eye out in LFP. You'd be surprised at how expensive it gets in there though - especially for brick.

Old 06-02-2015, 06:35 PM
cpw

85 posts, read 161,871 times
Hollister and Barrington are full brick.

Old 06-03-2015, 05:36 AM

149 posts, read 165,236 times
Have you visited this area after heavy rains or prolonged drought? The sewage plant, despite being enlarged, can smell pretty awful at times. I've on more than one occaision left the Harris Teeter parking lot after one whiff and gone to a different grocery store. I can't imagine living near that.

Old 06-03-2015, 05:51 AM

343 posts, read 600,650 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Booger Branch Betty View Post
Have you visited this area after heavy rains or prolonged drought? The sewage plant, despite being enlarged, can smell pretty awful at times. I've on more than one occaision left the Harris Teeter parking lot after one whiff and gone to a different grocery store. I can't imagine living near that.
I lived in Millbridge for 2 years and never smelled the plant. Not once.

Old 06-03-2015, 07:27 AM

6,151 posts, read 10,022,564 times
Full brick in your price range off the top of my head:

* Resale will be hit or miss as not all communities are 100% full brick

Cuthbertson
Cureton extension off Gray Byrum (Meritage) and resale (all brick)
Cureton extension off Waxhaw Marvin (Classica) and resale (all brick)
Cureton main resale (brick varies, very limited)
Barrington (Shea) and resale (all brick community)
Lawson (Lennar) and resale (brick varies)
Quellin resale (brick varies)
Champion Forest resale (all brick community)

Weddington
Hollister / McKinley Forest (Shea) and resale (all brick community)
Weddington Chase resale (all brick community)
Weddington Trace resale (brick varies)

Marvin Ridge
Chimneys resale (all brick community)
Hunter Oaks resale (brick varies, limited)
The Reserve resale (brick varies, very limited)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte