Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-04-2020, 07:15 AM

6,321 posts, read 10,333,924 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by CLT4 View Post
We probably won't see Greenwise in most of the former Earth Fare locations in the Charlotte market since Publix is already in most of these sub-markets. The two locations in bold below could be possibilities.:

South Park Earth Fare: Publix is building a massive new store at the Colony redevelopment across the street

Steele Creek / Rivergate: Publix has a store directly across the street already

Fort Mill: Publix has a store 5 minutes away on Gold Hill

Toringdon: Possibly here.... the nearest store is in southern Ballantyne. However Publix also owns land at Carmel / 51 just 3 minutes away where they plan to build a store from the ground up.

Concord Mills: This could be a good spot as Prosperity Village is the closest Publix

Huntersville: Nope, Publix is right across the street already

Rock Hill: Probably not. This spot is wedged right between two existing Publix that are 5 minutes in either direction
Yeah I was thinking this as well. I'm near the Huntersville one and people seem to be clamoring for a Trader Joe's already, but like you said the store's probably too big. It's also kinda a weird location IMO as it's kinda set back from the road and separate from most of the other stores in the immediate area. Like you said if there's any grocery store I could imagine going in there it's Lidl, but not sure what their current plans are. Not sure what else it could be if not a grocery store, I know there's been a few grocery stores turn into trampoline parks recently, but even that's already been done a couple miles away at a location that Lowes Foods sold to HT and HT never did anything with.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-04-2020, 08:44 AM

2,409 posts, read 2,688,665 times
Here are renderings of the new South Park Publix by the way, at The Colony Redevelopment: https://www.bizjournals.com/charlott...he-colony.html

Old 02-04-2020, 01:11 PM

38 posts, read 26,764 times
Those former Earthfare stores will likely become become Spouts

Old 02-05-2020, 07:29 AM

1,423 posts, read 1,475,531 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GoPhils View Post
Yeah I was thinking this as well. I'm near the Huntersville one and people seem to be clamoring for a Trader Joe's already, but like you said the store's probably too big. It's also kinda a weird location IMO as it's kinda set back from the road and separate from most of the other stores in the immediate area. Like you said if there's any grocery store I could imagine going in there it's Lidl, but not sure what their current plans are. Not sure what else it could be if not a grocery store, I know there's been a few grocery stores turn into trampoline parks recently, but even that's already been done a couple miles away at a location that Lowes Foods sold to HT and HT never did anything with.
Quote:
Originally Posted by CLT4 View Post
We probably won't see Greenwise in most of the former Earth Fare locations in the Charlotte market since Publix is already in most of these sub-markets. The two locations in bold below could be possibilities.:

South Park Earth Fare: Publix is building a massive new store at the Colony redevelopment across the street

Steele Creek / Rivergate: Publix has a store directly across the street already

Fort Mill: Publix has a store 5 minutes away on Gold Hill

Toringdon: Possibly here.... the nearest store is in southern Ballantyne. However Publix also owns land at Carmel / 51 just 3 minutes away where they plan to build a store from the ground up.

Concord Mills: This could be a good spot as Prosperity Village is the closest Publix

Huntersville: Nope, Publix is right across the street already

Rock Hill: Probably not. This spot is wedged right between two existing Publix that are 5 minutes in either direction
Never say never. There's been multiple cases of Publix opening stores within eyeshot of each other. With Publix Greenwise being somewhat different, I wouldn't be surprised.

That said, I think one of these three chains have a better chance of Backfilling all the Earth Fare Spaces:
  • Aldi
  • Lidl
  • Sprouts Farmer's Market

Barring that, you miiiiiiight see a Publix Greenwise coming in

Old 02-07-2020, 11:19 AM

8,411 posts, read 7,417,042 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by da-planner View Post
Those former Earthfare stores will likely become become Spouts
We just moved to the area a few months ago. My daughter likes Earthfare since she's vegan. I've started using Walmart pickup which is a time and money saver. Whole food would have been a likely substitute to Earthfare since we used them in Michigan but it's too far. What is Spouts?

Old 02-07-2020, 11:53 AM

23,810 posts, read 34,654,152 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KayAnn246 View Post
We just moved to the area a few months ago. My daughter likes Earthfare since she's vegan. I've started using Walmart pickup which is a time and money saver. Whole food would have been a likely substitute to Earthfare since we used them in Michigan but it's too far. What is Spouts?
Sprouts.

Depending on where you are, you might find Aldi and/or Lidl of interest. Both carry some organic products including produce, and they can't be beat for price.

Old 02-07-2020, 01:51 PM

2,409 posts, read 2,688,665 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KayAnn246 View Post
Sprouts is a natural and organic supermarket. Currently their only location in the Charlotte market is in Ballantyne.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sprouts_Farmers_Market

Old 02-07-2020, 08:31 PM

5,156 posts, read 7,344,590 times
Would still be nice if they would add a Publix Greenwise Market in the Charlotte area.

Old 02-08-2020, 06:42 AM

1,863 posts, read 1,650,956 times
Maybe Whole P̶a̶y̶c̶h̶e̶c̶k̶ Foods will go where the Concord Mills Earthfare is now; the relatively-close Fresh Market on Mallard Creek Rd closed, and that Amazon location is nearby. There is a Lidl across the street, but, in my experience, checkout is such pain that I rarely go there... despite liking some of their stuff. It seems there is always one register open regardless of customer volume. [Even Self-Checkout seems to have a lot of technical difficulties and the "wait for staff to assist" alert seems to go out to non-existent personnel].

Last edited by RP2C; 02-08-2020 at 06:59 AM..

Old 02-10-2020, 02:58 PM

38 posts, read 26,764 times
Sprouts will likely fill this void in the Charlotte market and maybe Raleigh-Durham where EarthFare is vacating. Publix is still gauging its second rollout of the Greenwise market concept. If it does expand then it will likely be where is some distance from an existing or incoming Publix mainline store but has numerous households with disposable incomes within 5 mile radius of the site.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte