Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
2,500,000 members. Thank you!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-24-2008, 08:03 AM

870 posts, read 3,510,385 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by vindaloo View Post
He is a great inspiration. Did he ever pay that $50,000 in back rent that he owed in Manhattan? All we need is more ignorant, racist trash like him to keep the ole hatred thing going strong. Doubt if anyone with a job will be there to support him. Some people work and don't have time for such instigators.
Not only did he not pay the back rent but -
he has never apologized or taken responsibility for
- the Tawana Brawley hoax in which Steve Pagonas, the prosecutor won a defamation law suit against Sharpton in excess of $300k.
- instigation of the stabbing murder of a rabbinical student in NY after holding a rally and inciting black rioters to chant "No justice, No peace" and "kill the Jews".
he inflammed the situation more with his comment "if the Jews want to get it on, tell them to pin their yarmulkes back and come over to my house"
- the murder of 11 innocent store workers and shoppers at Freddy's Fashion Mart in NY. His National Action Network set up pickets and called customers "traitors' and "Uncle Toms" and then protestors burned down the store shouting "Burn down the Jew Store!' and "We're gonna see that this cracker suffers".
- we can't forget the Duke Lacrosse case.
- he still supports OJ Simpson saying he is innocent
- more recently his comments on Romney and Mormonism, "As for that one Mormon running for office, those who really believe in God will defeat him anyways, so don't worry about that, that's a temporary situation."

from Jeff Jacoby, Capitalism Magazine, "if Sharpton were a white skinhead, he would be a political leper, spurned everywhere but the fringe. But far from being spurned, he is shown much deference. Democrats embrace him. And journalists report on his comings and goings while politely sidestepping his career as a hatemongering racial hustler."
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-24-2008, 08:39 AM

10,003 posts, read 11,042,258 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by njmdpanc View Post
Not only did he not pay the back rent but -
he has never apologized or taken responsibility for
- the Tawana Brawley hoax in which Steve Pagonas, the prosecutor won a defamation law suit against Sharpton in excess of $300k.
- instigation of the stabbing murder of a rabbinical student in NY after holding a rally and inciting black rioters to chant "No justice, No peace" and "kill the Jews".
he inflammed the situation more with his comment "if the Jews want to get it on, tell them to pin their yarmulkes back and come over to my house"
- the murder of 11 innocent store workers and shoppers at Freddy's Fashion Mart in NY. His National Action Network set up pickets and called customers "traitors' and "Uncle Toms" and then protestors burned down the store shouting "Burn down the Jew Store!' and "We're gonna see that this cracker suffers".
- we can't forget the Duke Lacrosse case.
- he still supports OJ Simpson saying he is innocent
- more recently his comments on Romney and Mormonism, "As for that one Mormon running for office, those who really believe in God will defeat him anyways, so don't worry about that, that's a temporary situation."

from Jeff Jacoby, Capitalism Magazine, "if Sharpton were a white skinhead, he would be a political leper, spurned everywhere but the fringe. But far from being spurned, he is shown much deference. Democrats embrace him. And journalists report on his comings and goings while politely sidestepping his career as a hatemongering racial hustler."
People are afraid of this guy and its a damned joke. Time to stop walking around on eggshells around certain groups of people before we just become another 2nd world country.

Old 01-24-2008, 11:19 AM

45,218 posts, read 100,177,184 times
The intelligent folks of color that I know are embarrassed by Al Sharpton. I cannot wait for this whole thing to be over and for Chip Bailey to be our sheriff.

Old 01-24-2008, 12:09 PM

45 posts, read 164,734 times
Quote:
The intelligent folks of color that I know are embarrassed by Al Sharpton.
That comment is too funny. I wonder, are they intelligent and embarrassed or intelligent because they are embarrassed? So I guess the uninteligent folks of color are not embarrassed.

Old 01-24-2008, 12:12 PM

45,218 posts, read 100,177,184 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hermsley Brewer View Post
That comment is too funny. I wonder, are they intelligent and embarrassed or intelligent because they are embarrassed. So I guess the uninteligent folks of color are not embarrassed.
Cute Though I am sure you know what I meant I will rephrase -

They are very intelligent, educated folks who as African Americans are embarrassed Al Sharpton is also African American.

Old 01-24-2008, 12:27 PM

35,879 posts, read 76,952,988 times
Well, what is one to do in a situation like this? Do we show up at that rally and just silently protest? Ignore it?

I am curious and have half a mind to show up - not with an antagonistic attitude but just to say - what are you all hoping to accomplish here? I wonder how I would be accepted - An old hippie who looks pretty conformist these days, Hee Hee.

Old 01-24-2008, 12:39 PM

1,800 posts, read 5,689,288 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by anifani821 View Post
Well, what is one to do in a situation like this? Do we show up at that rally and just silently protest? Ignore it?

I am curious and have half a mind to show up - not with an antagonistic attitude but just to say - what are you all hoping to accomplish here? I wonder how I would be accepted - An old hippie who looks pretty conformist these days, Hee Hee.
Want him to go away? Ignore him.
As with anything else. If people don't show up, there's nothing for the media to report about.
I find it even more scary that the media in this country has to much power. They can "make" or "break" anyone.

Old 01-24-2008, 12:49 PM

35,879 posts, read 76,952,988 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stmaarten View Post
Want him to go away? Ignore him.
As with anything else. If people don't show up, there's nothing for the media to report about.
I find it even more scary that the media in this country has to much power. They can "make" or "break" anyone.
These are the times I wish I still had my press credentials. I would really like to be there and hear first hand what is being said and what Sharpton thinks he is accomplishing. Wonder if any of the pubs out there need a reporter to cover it I feel that strongly about this . . .

I know you are right, StM . . . ignoring is the logical thing to do . . . but I feel this push to find out why someone wants to come here and try to create a racial problem when CLT's history is simply NOT one of festering racial tension.

We are the New South and I just find this all quite disturbing. This ain't Selma in the 60s, you know? And it never has been.

Old 01-24-2008, 02:26 PM

672 posts, read 1,820,352 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hermsley Brewer View Post
That comment is too funny. I wonder, are they intelligent and embarrassed or intelligent because they are embarrassed? So I guess the uninteligent folks of color are not embarrassed.
Yes that's true, the unintelligent ones are proud of him, yuck!

Old 01-24-2008, 03:23 PM

6,957 posts, read 8,422,730 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by anifani821 View Post
These are the times I wish I still had my press credentials. I would really like to be there and hear first hand what is being said and what Sharpton thinks he is accomplishing. Wonder if any of the pubs out there need a reporter to cover it I feel that strongly about this . . .

I know you are right, StM . . . ignoring is the logical thing to do . . . but I feel this push to find out why someone wants to come here and try to create a racial problem when CLT's history is simply NOT one of festering racial tension.

We are the New South and I just find this all quite disturbing. This ain't Selma in the 60s, you know? And it never has been.
I think he will end up getting a lot of press coverage when he shows up, simply because our local stations will have "a celebrity" to report on, rather than the usual stories about a robbery, three car crashes and the possibility of it snowing in the next few days! Reverend Al -"the mouth that roared"!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte