Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Closed Thread Start New Thread
 
Old 01-31-2008, 12:08 AM
 
2 posts, read 5,049 times
Reputation: 24

Advertisements

So, we have Al "Tawana Brawley" Sharpton bringing his circus to town and for what? To help out what looks to be a dirty politician...I am a black man. Not an African-America or none of those other twisted up and meaningless "politically correct" terms made to further separate me from the other members of the human race.

No, I am just a man who happens to be black. Now, I do not care what your great-great-great-great-great grand pappy did to my grand pappy! Just like most of you do not care what happened to your great-great-great-great -great-great-great-grand pappy while they were migrating here from Europe or I do not think you care if your family was forced to starve during the Irish potato famine....simply because they were poor and may have had an improper last name!

Every single time I think the "race" issue is dead and gone it seems some idiot tries to stand up and remind me that there are still some black and a few white idiots out there who find they cannot survive unless they make race an issue.

Face it, times have changed! Basically, the most important woman in the America (and for that part..the world) over the past half dozen years has been black girl from the deep south. Secretary Rice was a product of some of the ugliest forms of racism and guess what??? She made it! It is arguable she could have won the nomination for the US presidency. Now, think about this....if this country was still so backward and redneck, then why did South Carolina just nominate a black man to be the democratic candidate for the highest office in the world? A black man who has the middle name Hussein and who has a first name that rhymes with OSAMA! How does that happen if there is a racist conspiracy? IT DOES NOT! Imagine what the average person would have said on 9/11/01, if they would have been told they would have a chance to elect a black man who first name was one letter off of OSAMA's name? and who had the same middle name of a dreaded US enemy? Well, you would said that was nuts! And look, it is happening.

So, why are we wasting time on this thug, cheater, bad credit having, misleading and non-repaying black man named Macky? We are wasting time because the Reverend Tawana Sharpton needs racism to be relevant! Without it...he is useless. GO HOME USELESS AL! I am black and you are a shameful creature!

Now face it you weak minded sheep! Race is really not a big deal at all!

Last edited by HOMESELLER11; 01-31-2008 at 12:16 AM..

 
Old 01-31-2008, 08:29 AM
 
240 posts, read 1,018,144 times
Reputation: 99
from an AA woman, Sharpton's is a self-promoting so called activitst. Ignore him! I can't belive he was ever invited to come here.

The media promotes this. You will always see Sharpton, because the media follows him. He overshadows people who are doing real work everyday.

He obviously does not represent the ideas and thoughts of most AA today.
 
Old 01-31-2008, 08:42 AM
 
Location: State of Being
35,879 posts, read 77,093,118 times
Reputation: 22750
Quote:
Originally Posted by Washingtonian View Post
from an AA woman, Sharpton's is a self-promoting so called activitst. Ignore him! I can't belive he was ever invited to come here.

The media promotes this. You will always see Sharpton, because the media follows him. He overshadows people who are doing real work everyday.

He obviously does not represent the ideas and thoughts of most AA today.
Well, it is very distressing to those of us who live here, b/c it paints a picture of Charlotte as a racist area. It is doubly upsetting b/c we elect people here based on qualifications - have had a very beloved AA mayor in the past . . . but the picture that is being drawn for the nation to see is - Charlotte is a backward city.
 
Old 01-31-2008, 08:49 AM
 
240 posts, read 1,018,144 times
Reputation: 99
Don't be too upset. As I said it's a media story. I don't believe people are going to base their opinion of CLT on Al Sharpton.
 
Old 01-31-2008, 08:53 AM
 
Location: Huntersville
1,521 posts, read 4,929,372 times
Reputation: 299
Quote:
Originally Posted by HOMESELLER11 View Post
So, we have Al "Tawana Brawley" Sharpton bringing his circus to town and for what? To help out what looks to be a dirty politician...I am a black man. Not an African-America or none of those other twisted up and meaningless "politically correct" terms made to further separate me from the other members of the human race.

No, I am just a man who happens to be black. Now, I do not care what your great-great-great-great-great grand pappy did to my grand pappy! Just like most of you do not care what happened to your great-great-great-great -great-great-great-grand pappy while they were migrating here from Europe or I do not think you care if your family was forced to starve during the Irish potato famine....simply because they were poor and may have had an improper last name!

Every single time I think the "race" issue is dead and gone it seems some idiot tries to stand up and remind me that there are still some black and a few white idiots out there who find they cannot survive unless they make race an issue.

Face it, times have changed! Basically, the most important woman in the America (and for that part..the world) over the past half dozen years has been black girl from the deep south. Secretary Rice was a product of some of the ugliest forms of racism and guess what??? She made it! It is arguable she could have won the nomination for the US presidency. Now, think about this....if this country was still so backward and redneck, then why did South Carolina just nominate a black man to be the democratic candidate for the highest office in the world? A black man who has the middle name Hussein and who has a first name that rhymes with OSAMA! How does that happen if there is a racist conspiracy? IT DOES NOT! Imagine what the average person would have said on 9/11/01, if they would have been told they would have a chance to elect a black man who first name was one letter off of OSAMA's name? and who had the same middle name of a dreaded US enemy? Well, you would said that was nuts! And look, it is happening.

So, why are we wasting time on this thug, cheater, bad credit having, misleading and non-repaying black man named Macky? We are wasting time because the Reverend Tawana Sharpton needs racism to be relevant! Without it...he is useless. GO HOME USELESS AL! I am black and you are a shameful creature!

Now face it you weak minded sheep! Race is really not a big deal at all!

Excellent post!!
 
Old 01-31-2008, 09:07 AM
 
Location: State of Being
35,879 posts, read 77,093,118 times
Reputation: 22750
Quote:
Originally Posted by Washingtonian View Post
Don't be too upset. As I said it's a media story. I don't believe people are going to base their opinion of CLT on Al Sharpton.
I hope you are right. I dread watching the coverage on CNN. I can just see it. I fear we will all look like a bunch of backwards yahoos after they finish w/ us. I just hope they don't sensationalize it. If they are going to get into it, then do a balanced report and not just these sound bites and all the drama.
 
Old 01-31-2008, 09:52 AM
 
Location: Waxhaw, NC
241 posts, read 887,952 times
Reputation: 49
Quote:
Originally Posted by anifani821 View Post
I hope you are right. I dread watching the coverage on CNN. I can just see it. I fear we will all look like a bunch of backwards yahoos after they finish w/ us. I just hope they don't sensationalize it. If they are going to get into it, then do a balanced report and not just these sound bites and all the drama.
The media do something like that...noooooo.
 
Old 01-31-2008, 10:03 AM
 
Location: State of Being
35,879 posts, read 77,093,118 times
Reputation: 22750
Quote:
Originally Posted by damaranicole View Post
The media do something like that...noooooo.
Yeah . . . I know. Silly me! What was I thinking!!!
 
Old 01-31-2008, 10:04 AM
 
175 posts, read 185,477 times
Reputation: 38
i thought you were going to say Oprah!
 
Old 01-31-2008, 11:26 AM
 
1,013 posts, read 2,971,615 times
Reputation: 764
Quote:
Originally Posted by Washingtonian View Post
from an AA woman, Sharpton's is a self-promoting so called activitst. Ignore him! I can't belive he was ever invited to come here.

The media promotes this. You will always see Sharpton, because the media follows him. He overshadows people who are doing real work everyday.

He obviously does not represent the ideas and thoughts of most AA today.



You are absolutely right. He causes unnecessary tension and aggreviation and accomplishes nothing. But, the media eats it up. When I see him on the television, I pick up my remote and change the channel. Ignore him is right! Al Sharpton, who?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Closed Thread



Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
Similar Threads

All times are GMT -6. The time now is 11:42 AM.

© 2005-2024, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Contact Us - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37 - Top