U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-25-2015, 06:29 AM

587 posts, read 564,992 times

Advertisements

This project will take place at the corner of Poplin Rd. and Rocky River Rd. in Indian Trail. I only found out about this project today. Anyone have any information on when construction is set to begin? I am a resident of Indian Trail and live close to this location, so new development and the opportunities it may bring are exciting, but I also have concerns. Has anyone heard about this project or have any info on it's schedule? I looked online but was unable to download some of the PDF files on IndianTrail.org.
Rate this post positively Quick reply to this message

Old 11-25-2015, 06:06 PM

931 posts, read 1,937,112 times
The sales person for the builder in our subdivision said she was doing some digging a few weeks ago and found this information. I think she said it was going to be retail and there is supposed to be a big grocery store. I am really excited about this. It's less than 1/2 mile from my house

Old 11-25-2015, 06:16 PM

I just pulled up the diagram and I think it's printed backwards. It has the intersection of Poplin and Rocky River Road, but has a proposed walkway to Poplin Elementary. Poplin Elementary should be on the right side of the page, not the left side. So, it's on the side of Rocky River near Annandale.

Old 11-25-2015, 07:43 PM

I am very excited about this development as well. I think the retail stores will be a awesome to have nearby. I'm practically across the street from where it will be built. My understanding is that a total of 250 single family homes and another 200 or so townhomes will be built there as well. I wonder how this will affect the school assignments in this area once it's completed. I think there is talks of building a new elementary school as well, but I'm not sure. It's very exciting nonetheless...

Old 11-25-2015, 08:57 PM

Not sure about needing a new elementary school anytime soon. These plans were approved in 2013. It will take awhile to build. When Poplin Elementary school was built, Porter Ridge had 1000 students and they were split in half, so each had about 500. I think there are still portables behind Porter Ridge. I'm not sure about the middle school. The high school was capped about 5 years ago, but that cap was lifted at some point. I'm hoping that this means there will finally be a stoplight at the intersection of Rocky River Road and Poplin.

Old 11-27-2015, 08:10 AM

I read some of the documents posted on IndianTrail.org and it looks like there will be a roundabout at the intersection of Rocky River Rd. and Poplin Rd.

Old 11-27-2015, 03:30 PM

Oh, a roundabout is scary. People on Rocky River Road in the mornings don't understand how to use them. They just drive around it, most of the time, like they automatically have the right away. I can't remember the cross road, it's near Porter Ridge Campus.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte