Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-14-2008, 05:09 PM

1,166 posts, read 3,918,786 times

Advertisements

Restaurant – LuLu on Central Ave from Carolina Blue.

Hey, Carolina B. - We love LuLu too. In fact, we ate there last Valentine's Day
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-14-2008, 06:23 PM

45,217 posts, read 100,955,954 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrsjdaniels View Post
This is why I told my husband that we were destined to live in CLT!

Came for a "scouting visit", got pregnant (after many trials and tribulations prior) and now all of this jobs stuff falling in our lap...its ordained!
This is SO cool and I am so happy for all your good fortune!

Old 02-14-2008, 06:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BarbJ View Post
My husband and I met 47 years ago in New Haven at a party to introduce the 500 new female students to the 5,000 male students. WOW!! Talk about being in hog heaven! or should I say "sow heaven"! And I chose him from among all those cool geeks. But then he broke my heart when he went to study in Germany and I stayed moping in the US. BUT then three years later when I moved to Paris he met me at the airport and we spent the next years commuting weekends between Germany and Paris. We decided to get married one weekend in Colmar in the Alsace wine growing region of eastern France. The rest is history. Now many years, several countries and two kids later here we are retired in Charlotte.
Ohmygosh, this reads like an old Audrey Hepburn movie What an AWESOME story Barb!!! Happy Valentine's Day you two lovebirds!

Old 02-14-2008, 06:31 PM

35,879 posts, read 77,679,092 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BarbJ View Post
O.K, Ani, what's your story??????
DH and I got engaged on Valentine's Day! So today is a special day for us. He showed up w/ 2 dozen beautiful roses and a box of Godiva chocolates today!

But he has eaten nearly half the chocolates already!

Now that is true love, cause he brought me a really nice treat . . . and I am happy to share (well, okay, I did give him a slight askance when I realized by 7 pm that he had been nibbling all day . . . but you know . . . only a teeny tiny little glance . . . )

Old 02-14-2008, 06:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by anifani821 View Post
DH and I got engaged on Valentine's Day! So today is a special day for us. He showed up w/ 2 dozen beautiful roses and a box of Godiva chocolates today!

But he has eaten nearly half the chocolates already!

Now that is true love, cause he brought me a really nice treat . . . and I am happy to share (well, okay, I did give him a slight askance when I realized by 7 pm that he had been nibbling all day . . . but you know . . . only a teeny tiny little glance . . . )
hahahahahahaha - I like your hubby!

Old 02-14-2008, 07:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovesMountains View Post
hahahahahahaha - I like your hubby!
Candy snatcher that he is, BLESS HIS HEART . . . I like him, too!

Old 02-14-2008, 08:24 PM

392 posts, read 1,185,883 times
Ok, you all are killing me here with the romance. Barb, you and your husband have to be the most well-traveled people I've met in a long time. My man is busy right now so I thought I'd add my little story... No, we did not meet in Charlotte. Yes, it was love at first sight, or at least love at second glance.

I met him in Fort Lauderdale, FL. I had headed up from Miami Beach to meet friends and listen to some music. I sat outside on the venue's patio for an acoustic set, then went inside to see some other friends play. As I walked towards the stage I pulled a smoke out of my pocket, but, alas, as always, no light. I tapped this guy on the shoulder and asked if he had one. He did, and kindly lit my cig. I said thanks but barely looked at him as I was in one of those "I'm over men" moods. I moved forward towards the stage.

As the band wrapped up, I turned to scope things out and noticed that lighter man was still there... and smiling at me. The band finished up and I turned to walk back outside. He was smiling at me again as I walked by. I stopped and said "This is gonna sound like a line, but it's not. I just want to tell you that you have one of the nicest smiles I've ever seen... you have a great night" and I walked on. (It wasn't a line. It REALLY WAS one of the nicest smiles I'd ever seen.)

I walked back out to the patio to sit where I'd been before. Just as I did, I looked up towards the doors and there was "Smiley" coming out, heading straight towards me. We have been together ever since. On March 4 it will be thirteen years. Still head over heels. Thanks, Ani, for the oppty to share this story. My Valentine's is all the better for having done so.

Old 02-14-2008, 10:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AmericanRoadGirl View Post
Ok, you all are killing me here with the romance. Barb, you and your husband have to be the most well-traveled people I've met in a long time. My man is busy right now so I thought I'd add my little story... No, we did not meet in Charlotte. Yes, it was love at first sight, or at least love at second glance.

I met him in Fort Lauderdale, FL. I had headed up from Miami Beach to meet friends and listen to some music. I sat outside on the venue's patio for an acoustic set, then went inside to see some other friends play. As I walked towards the stage I pulled a smoke out of my pocket, but, alas, as always, no light. I tapped this guy on the shoulder and asked if he had one. He did, and kindly lit my cig. I said thanks but barely looked at him as I was in one of those "I'm over men" moods. I moved forward towards the stage.

As the band wrapped up, I turned to scope things out and noticed that lighter man was still there... and smiling at me. The band finished up and I turned to walk back outside. He was smiling at me again as I walked by. I stopped and said "This is gonna sound like a line, but it's not. I just want to tell you that you have one of the nicest smiles I've ever seen... you have a great night" and I walked on. (It wasn't a line. It REALLY WAS one of the nicest smiles I'd ever seen.)

I walked back out to the patio to sit where I'd been before. Just as I did, I looked up towards the doors and there was "Smiley" coming out, heading straight towards me. We have been together ever since. On March 4 it will be thirteen years. Still head over heels. Thanks, Ani, for the oppty to share this story. My Valentine's is all the better for having done so.
What a great story! I could just see it unfolding as I read what you wrote! I gotta give it to you, AG, I know you said it "wasn't a line," but that really was a GOOD LINE!!! Hee Hee!

So glad you took time to share it with us . . . and hope you had a happy Valentine's Day!

Old 02-14-2008, 11:07 PM

1,166 posts, read 3,918,786 times
Ani, our husbands must be on the same wave length too. Mine ate half of the pecan turtles (my favorite candy) that he gave me. You're lucky, Ani. You can legitimately celebrate your engagement every Feb 14th. We have to wait until we go back to Colmar! You can imagine what a hardship that is!!!

Believe it or not, our contractor gave us a box of Ghirardelli chocolates! She is the sweetest.

I got another special Valentine's gift tonight. Mt daughter returned after a four week stay in SE Asia: Yunan Province, China, Vietnam, Laos and Cambodia. Of course, being the foodie that I am, I asked her which cuisine she liked best. She said there were certain similarities between the countries, but she thought Vietnamese was the best.

ARG, I agree with Ani; that was a line if I've ever heard one.

Loves, are you going to tell us your story?

One final possible true love story in the making. My son, the 38-year-old bachelor, is making dinner for his "friend" tonight. I think he's trying to impress her with his mastery of Turkish cuisine using my cheese borek (phyllo pastry) recipe. I believe this is the first Valentine's dinner he's ever cooked for a "friend."

BarbJ - the area Grandmother-wannabe.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte