Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-24-2016, 04:20 AM

3,866 posts, read 4,278,872 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by AndrewCarnegie View Post
One opinion I heard was that this issue is being trotted out to raise voter turnout for the presidential election. Hillary is not exactly Miss Excitement to most people, especially Bernie fans, so this is an issue that is hoped all Democrats will rally around to support Hillary.

I think 99.9% of all people have no problem with transgenders using the restroom of their choice/ They represent such a small proportion of the population that most people will never even experience a transgender in their restroom. This real issue is that most recognize that this will just open the door (or stall) for perverts to do as they please.
How so? So a nondiscriminatory ordinance is going to motivate a pervert to do something they already have free reign to do?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-24-2016, 04:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Constitutionalist View Post
Listen folks I have no problem with a trans useing a different bathroom, I personally consider that a mental disorder, don't bash me for my opinion, but what this does is open the door for a hot mess that will tie up the court's and change the way people and even property is perceived in this country.
It may sound dumb if your not thinking with common sence but thinking with your emotions on this but the racial identity issue will be abused for financial or personal gains on that individual. Also property as well, what if I considered my handgun as a piece of fashion like a belt or a tie, could I take it anywhere I want to due to what I identify it as, folks trust me theese issues will come into play.
Also this is an open ticket for sex offenders to prey in a very vulnerable environment where woman and girls should feel safe at.
I feel this is just another distraction from the far left.
A man (pervert/sex offender) can dress as a woman right now and use the women's restroom and lay in wait. How is HB2 going to prevent such a sickness or motivation? I do think emotions are obfuscating common or practical sense with reality. It can't be policed, no bill is going to stop or open doors to what is already available to a pervert.

Old 05-24-2016, 05:43 AM

120 posts, read 263,846 times
I'm one who does not care about being politically corect.
What if your a white senior in high school with a lower gpa, that is having trouble with getting accepted to the college of his choice so he claims that he is African American, because that's what he identifies as, So now afirmative action would apply to him, and also he would at that point be elligable for minority scholarships.
All of this crap is coming soon.

Old 05-24-2016, 07:13 AM

Quote:
I'm one who does not care about being politically corect.
What if your a white senior in high school with a lower gpa, that is having trouble with getting accepted to the college of his choice so he claims that he is African American, because that's what he identifies as, So now afirmative action would apply to him, and also he would at that point be elligable for minority scholarships.
All of this crap is coming soon.
Huh?? You conjuring up issues that are non-issues and irrelevant to HB2. Nobody and I do mean nobody White needs to or will pretend to be African American for any reason whatsoever. As an AA I say come on and join us but ain't no way in the hell anybody White needs to pose as anyone Black to get anything. That's a step in the wrong direction. If anything they'll attempt to dismantle affirmative action or modify the limits as already being done.

What about students that get into schools based purely on legacy/pedigree? Wanna create a bill to stop that or maybe the university should refuse monies or limit donations by alumni with broad network and influence.

Oh well, as predicted, here comes a slew of baseless, unrealistic and nonsensical analogies to scare the hell out of people. Then hide behind terms like "Constitutionalist", "Patriot", "not PC", etc...just shut up already.

Old 05-24-2016, 07:32 AM

2,844 posts, read 2,977,102 times
If your genitals don't fix your gender why should I assume your skin color fixes your race?

If we cared about trans folk Charlotte would get serious about repealing this ordinance to unblock this log jam but sadly they both want to divide us and inflame the culture wars

Old 05-24-2016, 07:41 AM

15 posts, read 22,617 times
Identify as "a 67 year old black retired vet" may as well go all in! That is what I would do

Old 05-24-2016, 07:46 AM

1,092 posts, read 1,148,293 times
I actually trans-species (canine). For years my wife has had to accept me peeing on the lawn but soon society will have to accept it when I pee in parks. I'm very excited that law is finally recognizing our self-identification over the trivialities of genetics.

Old 05-24-2016, 08:53 AM

547 posts, read 774,340 times
I would like to use the office of the job that I identify with instead of this cubicle. Move over Mr Stumpf, do not discriminate against me bro!

Old 05-24-2016, 09:49 AM

1,985 posts, read 2,069,352 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AndrewCarnegie View Post
Esse - why is the original poster ignorant and intolerant? Can you explain? I'm not taking sides but do see that people find it easy to fling stock insult phrases on these issues as if someone with a different opinion is automatically an idiot. If you want to get someone to see your point of view, an insult is not the best route to take.

It's ignorant because it is ill-informed. It is intolerant because it shows unwillingness to accept views, beliefs, or behavior that differ from one's own.

No one is supporting decisions that will put people (or daughters for a more emotional appeal) in harm's way. There is not a line of child predators at any bathroom looking to assault children. Have you met any of the transgender people influenced by the decision? I think the Charlotte ordinance was unnecessary, but it's impact on the families that don't understand transgender issues is null. There are literally no instances of the law leading to inappropriate behavior EXCEPT for rabble rousers trying to create debate by acting weird in bathrooms. Many people fear what they don't understand. I think the size and volume of the response is more related to this misunderstanding than to the actual impact of the law. I think the answer is education.

We have a large segment of the population that feels persecuted by the idea of demonstrating empathy for social issues they do not understand. The response is to misinterpret religious texts or claim deterioration of values is out of touch. I think it's similarly silly for the "victims" to make a huge issue about the "injustice" of not being able to use the bathroom of their choice. I don't think we need government intervention on this issue at all.

For clarity - I am attacking and insulting the argument, not the person. While I think it is very ignorant and intolerant point of view, it doesn't mean people cannot become informed and learn to be more empathetic of others. Unfortunately, there is much work to be done.

Old 05-24-2016, 12:04 PM

15,355 posts, read 12,650,100 times
Quote:
Listen folks I have no problem with a trans useing a different bathroom, I personally consider that a mental disorder, don't bash me for my opinion, but what this does is open the door for a hot mess that will tie up the court's and change the way people and even property is perceived in this country.
It may sound dumb if your not thinking with common sence but thinking with your emotions on this but the racial identity issue will be abused for financial or personal gains on that individual. Also property as well, what if I considered my handgun as a piece of fashion like a belt or a tie, could I take it anywhere I want to due to what I identify it as, folks trust me theese issues will come into play.
Also this is an open ticket for sex offenders to prey in a very vulnerable environment where woman and girls should feel safe at.
I feel this is just another distraction from the far left.
do you look at your gun in shame every time there is a mass shooting?

you guys keep bringing up vulnerable women and sex offenders but every time there is a mass shooting you guys dont scream for gun bans. You just point out how the perp is an individual who broke the law.

my point... stop trying to use fear of rape or assault as your argument when we all know 99.9% of the time folks are going to pee, hopefully wash their hands and leave the bathroom.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte