U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-16-2008, 03:29 PM

198 posts, read 589,460 times

Advertisements

I'm HERE!! And the weather is gorgeous (compared to northern Indiana)!

I just finished Day Two of househunting, and it's been very educational. We've looked at Cameron Wood, Mint Hill, Mountain Isle Harbor, Belle Mead (Belmont) and will check out Park Crossing tomorrow morning.

Here are my thoughts so far, anyone care to correct my impressions or fill me in with extra information?

Cameron Wood: beautiful neighborhood, great location. Wonderful proximity to uptown, restaurants, shopping, etc. Houses look great on the outside but everything in our price range ($350K) was disappointing. Small lots, poorly maintained interiors, low-budget materials inside (like formica counter or vinyl floors, etc). Hopefully more inventory will become available in time for our next visit in March.

Mint Hill: decided it was too far for our desired commute to uptown, which we'd like to limit to 25 minutes max.

Mountain Isle Harbor: A definite option. Newer homes with the options I prefer (open floorplans, bonus rooms, etc). Beautiful area. Easy commute but unfortunately we'd be quite far from malls, restaurants, etc. A wonderful neighborhood "feel." We noticed about 1 airplane overhead every 15 minutes or so -- do residents of this area consider that an issue? Maybe I was there at an unusual time. Also, there were high-tension wires going through the middle of the neighborhood -- is this a concern for kids playing?

Belle Mead (Belmont): Another definite option, but we might be pushing our desired 25-minute commute. Again, newer homes with modern amenities/styles/options. Beautiful neighborhood. Some houses backed up to a very busy road, but overall the neighborhood seemed friendly and quiet. Again, our concern is that we'd be a ways from restaurants, shopping, etc.

Tomorrow we'll see Park Crossing. I think we'll have to stretch our budget quite a bit to find anything here, but we might decide it's worth it.

We will be back in three weeks; are there any other areas anyone would recommend we look into? It's important for us to have a larger yard (more than .25 acres). Any other recommendations for our return trip?

Thanks so much. What a beautiful city -- I can't wait for our move in May. Tonight we're off to The Roasting Company for dinner.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-16-2008, 04:37 PM

316 posts, read 310,085 times
Macaulay neighborhood in huntersville - great location

Old 02-16-2008, 04:43 PM

45,269 posts, read 91,695,242 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ECM08 View Post
I'm HERE!! And the weather is gorgeous (compared to northern Indiana)!

I just finished Day Two of househunting, and it's been very educational. We've looked at Cameron Wood, Mint Hill, Mountain Isle Harbor, Belle Mead (Belmont) and will check out Park Crossing tomorrow morning.

Here are my thoughts so far, anyone care to correct my impressions or fill me in with extra information?

Cameron Wood: beautiful neighborhood, great location. Wonderful proximity to uptown, restaurants, shopping, etc. Houses look great on the outside but everything in our price range ($350K) was disappointing. Small lots, poorly maintained interiors, low-budget materials inside (like formica counter or vinyl floors, etc). Hopefully more inventory will become available in time for our next visit in March.

Mint Hill: decided it was too far for our desired commute to uptown, which we'd like to limit to 25 minutes max.

Mountain Isle Harbor: A definite option. Newer homes with the options I prefer (open floorplans, bonus rooms, etc). Beautiful area. Easy commute but unfortunately we'd be quite far from malls, restaurants, etc. A wonderful neighborhood "feel." We noticed about 1 airplane overhead every 15 minutes or so -- do residents of this area consider that an issue? Maybe I was there at an unusual time. Also, there were high-tension wires going through the middle of the neighborhood -- is this a concern for kids playing?

Belle Mead (Belmont): Another definite option, but we might be pushing our desired 25-minute commute. Again, newer homes with modern amenities/styles/options. Beautiful neighborhood. Some houses backed up to a very busy road, but overall the neighborhood seemed friendly and quiet. Again, our concern is that we'd be a ways from restaurants, shopping, etc.

Tomorrow we'll see Park Crossing. I think we'll have to stretch our budget quite a bit to find anything here, but we might decide it's worth it.

We will be back in three weeks; are there any other areas anyone would recommend we look into? It's important for us to have a larger yard (more than .25 acres). Any other recommendations for our return trip?

Thanks so much. What a beautiful city -- I can't wait for our move in May. Tonight we're off to The Roasting Company for dinner.
So glad you are enjoying your visit

Did you check out neighborhoods near and along Providence Rd down to hwy 51? I like Hampton Leas (older homes, but great mature lots), Landsdowne (1960's style Brady Bunch homes - very retro, with huge lots and great trees there) or Old Salem right across from the JCC. Park Crossing is like a little oasis in that area - love some of those homes, but you are right, you might have to stretch a bit to get in there! Best of luck in your continued search.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte