Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-17-2008, 08:26 AM

57 posts, read 224,364 times

Advertisements

As the wife and I continue our search, we initially thought of Union County. Looked at Weddington Trace (loved it, but not the power lines so much), Millbridge (loved it, maybe too far out and traffic with other two neighborhoods nearby). Saturday, looked at the edges of Charlotte.

We liked Ryan Homes Weddington Trace, minus the lines, but saw similar product at Canterbury Place near the YMCA off Providence Rd. Much more developed area and lots aren't as big but we liked.

Also saw Centex Homes neighborhood (name?) near Ardrey Kell high but didn't like the back doors were sliding glass (made me think of apartment days sticking a broom in there to prevent break ins).

Going back to hotel we saw Stone Creek Ranch, another Centex, that looked great. Clubhouse, pool, 3 car sideloads, etc.

Wanted to get some opinions on Canterbury and stone creek please.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-17-2008, 08:50 AM

429 posts, read 730,423 times
Centex is a quality Builder, good use of sq. footage. I am sure you could search these forums and come up with a lot of previous threads about the neighborhood. I know we've discussed it before on this forum and , I believe everyone who posted here gave good reviews. It's a great location, convenient to many places, shopping, rest., movies, parks, 485, etc. I also received an email that Centex is offering some great promotions this weekend. I was out there last weekend with clients and there was a lot of activity. I don't think they are having any trouble selling in Stone Creek so I doubt they're discounting as much as some of the neighborhoods who have a lot of inventory homes they need to move.

Old 02-17-2008, 09:24 AM

206 posts, read 799,201 times
We are renting in Stone Creek Ranch. We are in the section you are talking about, Sierra. In fact, we are living in the floor plan that is available for quick move in. We really like the floor plan that we are in and it is really spacious. The lots are all about .25 which is smaller than we want. We also feel like the neighborhood looks a little barren when you drive through it. Every one we have met around us loves living here and you can't beat the price or location. There aren't a lot of options when you buy the house but they do come pretty well stocked. I think it is definitely worth taking a look at.

Old 02-17-2008, 09:55 AM

Default thanks any canterbury folks out there

Both neighborhoods look great and appeal to me b/c i will be working at BofA downtown. My wife likes the rural feel of Union County though. She's loving the planned community of Millbridge.

Old 02-17-2008, 11:12 AM

1,435 posts, read 5,768,687 times
Cented is running their "extravanganza" this weekend and Monday. It's also tied in with their normal fiscal year end promotions they do ever year for closings that take place before 3/30.

You will find HEAVY discounts and incentives. A lot of people are able to take advantage of these specials every year.

Old 02-20-2008, 04:59 AM

797 posts, read 3,296,040 times
Only thing about Stone creek is they are giving their houses away. I know several people who are very upset b/c people are getting the same house $75k cheaper. They just have way too much and no one is buying in there. Lots are very small and sparse there also unless you pay one heafty fee to get a decent lot. My realtor said a lady he put in there was unhappy b/c she can't even get the garbage people to pick up on her street. She's only 1 of 2 houses b/c development had stopped. Some don't even have street signs.

Old 02-20-2008, 08:02 AM

38 posts, read 116,033 times
Default true --- stone creek ranch

Quote:
Originally Posted by travlingrlclt View Post
Only thing about Stone creek is they are giving their houses away. I know several people who are very upset b/c people are getting the same house $75k cheaper. They just have way too much and no one is buying in there. Lots are very small and sparse there also unless you pay one heafty fee to get a decent lot. My realtor said a lady he put in there was unhappy b/c she can't even get the garbage people to pick up on her street. She's only 1 of 2 houses b/c development had stopped. Some don't even have street signs.
that is true. i have been looking around for some time and have seen the prices being dropped. recently 100-150,000$. i think the centex homes is getting out of the trouble that is expected to peak soon.(few months after the resetpeak at the end of the last year). the lots are smaller. the way i am looking at it is --- few miles away with bigger lots or near the action and smaller lots

Old 02-20-2008, 08:26 AM

57 posts, read 208,677 times
Wesley Oaks is a very pretty neighborhood in Union County (not too far out). The lots are bigger and the houses are priced right!

Old 02-20-2008, 10:55 AM

what bothers me a little in stone creek ranch isn't so much the lots, and they are small (you back into your neighbor literally), but the slabs. I've never had a house on slab. You seem so low.

Old 02-20-2008, 12:15 PM

63 posts, read 276,542 times
I live in Canterbury Place. I'll be glad to answer any questions. We moved in last Summer. No complaints thus far. It's one of the few construction neighborhoods in the Providence school district, which is the most prestigous public school district in Charlotte. They plan on expanding Weddington Rd to 4 lanes and eventually have a 4-85 exit off McKee by 2011.

Last edited by Wookie21; 02-20-2008 at 01:48 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte