U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-27-2006, 11:41 AM

1 posts, read 2,702 times

Advertisements

I have been with same woman for over 15 years so this is going to be all new to me. The bar scene (except wine bar or jazz club) really doesn't thrill me too much. Children are fine (I have) and I enjoy them.

The outdoors are my favorite place to be when I have time out - boating, fishing and skiing.

Dec 3rd-8th I will be in Charlotte and would love some ideas for - dating, dining and housing (has to be near or on a lake - although I will miss salt water !).

Any women who would like to meet for a simple drink or bite to eat I love that.
Rate this post positively

Old 11-27-2006, 11:57 AM

2,314 posts, read 2,429,274 times
I can help with the housing the dating part you would be on your own

Old 11-27-2006, 12:20 PM

Anywhere around Lake Norman sounds like where you need to be. Plenty of water,fishing and boating along with the wine crowd at Birkdale.

Old 11-27-2006, 02:46 PM

1,417 posts, read 6,639,540 times
Church! That's where I met my dearly beloved and we've been married 19 years in January. Best of luck!!!

Old 11-27-2006, 03:16 PM

2,392 posts, read 5,421,139 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MetFan111 View Post

Match.com or Myspace.

Old 11-29-2006, 03:31 PM

2 posts, read 10,143 times
MYSPACE is not a place to meet people for serious, significant, or safe relationships.

If you are looking for something serious I suggest going to places that would interest the type of woman you are into. If you want a religious God loving woman like an earlier poster said, try church....intellectual try the library...but for this type of "location scouting" you cant be terribly shy or not know how to get the attention of a woman you are interested in. EYE CONTACT IS GREAT. you can show her that you are interested and find out if she is too all with the correct glance---this can save you time and embarrasment. How to do it: look at her BREIFLY (dont stare like a psycho creep) then we she notices you looking turn away...but let her catch you just a little bit. then a few moments later do it again...if she looks back at you then its a GREEN LIGHT if not and she is more trying to look away from you and avoid your looks MOVE ON she aint interested.

If all else fails just be patient. I dont feel that there is any particular "good" place to find a date (even tho there are very obvious bad ones) I think that when love happens it happens anywhere, randomly, and without much of our own cultivation or input...things rather fall into place.

Anyway good luck to you

Old 11-29-2006, 07:55 PM

45,246 posts, read 94,904,700 times
Quote:
I have been with same woman for over 15 years so this is going to be all new to me. The bar scene (except wine bar or jazz club) really doesn't thrill me too much. Children are fine (I have) and I enjoy them.

The outdoors are my favorite place to be when I have time out - boating, fishing and skiing.

Dec 3rd-8th I will be in Charlotte and would love some ideas for - dating, dining and housing (has to be near or on a lake - although I will miss salt water !).

Hi MetFan Once you move here and get settled, I would suggest you look into a great group here called Charlotte Outdoor Adventures (CHOA for short). Google them and see all they are about and the things you can enjoy doing with groups of other outdoor-minded people. It is really a fantastic place to meet many people and have fun too.

Old 11-30-2006, 06:45 PM

3,574 posts, read 13,779,467 times
Quote:

Your local community college - Central Piedmont (gazillion campuses) or Mitchell - Mooresville Center. You can mingle in a non-threatening envionment AND improve your mind!

Old 11-30-2006, 11:22 PM

421 posts, read 300,667 times
Quote:

Just go up to Birkdale and try to start a converstion with someone. People like to talk in NC.

Old 12-03-2006, 08:06 PM

I think this just got out of control. Charlotte is a great city. I think once you get here you will be happy with you decision.

Let me know if you need any help at all.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
View detailed profiles of: