Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-26-2016, 06:14 PM

3,320 posts, read 5,575,935 times

Advertisements

There is now a suspect that states he sold the gun in question to Keith Scott.

Also, Keith Scotts wife filed a restraining order on him an stated that he had a gun.

Keith Scott was carrying a stolen gun when he was shot and killed during a confrontation with police in Charlotte, North Carolina, authorities have said.
The gun was reported stolen after a breaking and entering, according to the police.
A breaking and entering suspect told agents at the bureau of alcohol, tobacco, firearms and explosives that he had sold the gun to Scott. He is now in custody.
Scott's wife Rakeyia, who filmed her husband's killing on Tuesday, had filed for a restraining order against him and had told authorities he carried a gun, hit her as well as one of her children and had threatened to kill her, records have shown.

Read more: Keith Scott WAS carrying a stolen gun, police say
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-26-2016, 06:18 PM

2,348 posts, read 3,468,918 times
But who sold him the Bible he was reading in the car & carrying with him???

Now the gun controls libs will tell us this wouldn't be the case if guns were restricted. Hopefully at some point we can all agree that it also wouldn't happen if a convicted felon wasn't carrying a stolen gun and refusing to obey police commands while holding that stolen gun. A little personal accountability goes a long ways and no one is more responsible for that then YOU.

Old 09-26-2016, 07:07 PM
LLN

5,265 posts, read 10,739,871 times
Hmmmmm .... another brick in rhe wall of the victim "narrative."

Old 09-26-2016, 09:52 PM

604 posts, read 654,389 times
Quote:
Rakeyia detailed her husband's behavior in the filing in October last year. She said he had hit her and one of her children.
'He hit my 8 year old in the head a total of three times with is [sic] fist,' she wrote on the form published by TWC News.
'He kicked me and threaten [sic] to kill us last night with his gun. He said he is a "killer" and we should know that.'
The form asked whether there was any reason that law enforcement should consider the defendant a potential threat. Possible reasons included carrying concealed weapons while drinking alcohol and having threatened an officer.
Rakeyia ticked 'yes' and specified: 'He carries a 9mm black.'

Read more: Keith Scott WAS carrying stolen gun
Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook
It is sad that we need to find and read this info in UK news.

No wonder wife was afraid and hiding when he came out of car, in a normal situation wife would've just stepped in between police and the innocent husband who "was reading a book" in the car...

Old 09-26-2016, 09:56 PM

1,055 posts, read 2,129,328 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 28079 View Post
It is sad that we need to find and read this info in UK news...
I have a friend in Melbourne, Australia texting me saying it was on their news. Sheesh..

Old 09-26-2016, 09:57 PM

23,814 posts, read 34,716,930 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 28079 View Post
It is sad that we need to find and read this info in UK news.

No wonder wife was afraid and hiding when he came out of car, in a normal situation wife would've just stepped in between police and the innocent husband who "was reading a book" in the car...
It was on the news tonight. The protection order was filed in Gaston County in 2015.

Old 09-27-2016, 05:23 AM

5,461 posts, read 6,069,838 times
The Gaston County restraining order/protective order in 2015 also quoted Mrs. Scott as identifying the weapon, 9 mm black.

Court Records Detail Keith Scott's Criminal History

Why not a .38, a .45, .22, .32, or even just a gun, etc. but a NINE MM. BLACK. (9th paragraph down)

Evidence (planted or otherwise depending upon your point of view) stacking up. It will continue to dribble out piecemeal over the next several weeks because that's the way a meticulous investigation works.

I think the Police Chief is doing his job. The Mayor, meh... she's along for the ride. She is just now beginning to understand, as any elected official, she's in over her head in investigative matters. Follow the advice of the legal team.

BLM and the NAACP need to carefully choose what bandwagon they ride at this juncture. Credibility is a two way street and backing this one incident may prove less than confidence inspiring. I believe Rev. Barber was pressured to respond too soon by the community.

Old 09-27-2016, 09:18 AM

1,259 posts, read 1,586,476 times
I go back to what I said last week. This was essentially suicide by cop. Keith Scott knew he was screwed. A convicted felon caught red handed with a stolen firearm. 2 new felonies. Several more years in prison, and a possible parole violation in Texas. If he dropped that gun assp he goes back to jail. Not surprising he let this happen

Old 09-27-2016, 10:18 AM

2,348 posts, read 3,468,918 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tread102 View Post
I go back to what I said last week. This was essentially suicide by cop. Keith Scott knew he was screwed. A convicted felon caught red handed with a stolen firearm. 2 new felonies. Several more years in prison, and a possible parole violation in Texas. If he dropped that gun assp he goes back to jail. Not surprising he let this happen
Given the huge amount of evidence pointing negatively towards Mr. Scott, this theory isn't so far-fetched. He knew he was going away for a long, long time given the stolen gun, prior convictions and recent restraining order against him.

Again, personal accountability to doing the right thing was lacking severely with Mr. Scott.

Very frustrating that our local media can't even publish prior convictions and restraining orders to help actually paint the full picture. The liberal lean is so disgusting. So far I've found more actual real information from a newspaper in Cleveland, the UK and Australia (apparently) than anything published locally that I've seen.

Old 09-27-2016, 10:41 AM

1,259 posts, read 1,586,476 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolf Howl View Post
Given the huge amount of evidence pointing negatively towards Mr. Scott, this theory isn't so far-fetched. He knew he was going away for a long, long time given the stolen gun, prior convictions and recent restraining order against him.

Again, personal accountability to doing the right thing was lacking severely with Mr. Scott.

Very frustrating that our local media can't even publish prior convictions and restraining orders to help actually paint the full picture. The liberal lean is so disgusting. So far I've found more actual real information from a newspaper in Cleveland, the UK and Australia (apparently) than anything published locally that I've seen.
The whole sequence lasts what 2 minutes. Before he is shot what is he doing? Backing up retreating. It's a natural human reaction when you get caught doing something you shouldn't be doing. He was processing his options, and it was very dark. he had two options. Death or jail.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte