Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-04-2008, 12:10 PM

330 posts, read 1,035,928 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by NCgirl View Post
Tony's Ice cream is awesome! I think that Market Street Pizza in Cramerton is really good. Sake in Mt. Holly/Gastonia has the best "express" japanese food!
I'll have to try Market Street pizza again, as I can hit that place with a rock from my house if I eat my spinach. The one time I tried it it came out like conveyer belt pizza, which as we all know is not pizza at all.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-21-2008, 06:53 PM

28 posts, read 84,491 times
Default Lotus

I've been to all the places mentioned so far and I agree that they're all great. Now...the best restaurant in Gaston County in my opinion is...Lotus - here's their webpage: Lotus Bar & Eatery

If you're looking for a more sophisticated, upscale dining experience and don't want to drive to Charlotte, look no further.

Old 04-21-2008, 07:31 PM

12 posts, read 40,873 times
Default here's my 2 cents

I know this is a restaurant, but they do serve food...
For the best REAL cherry Coke or Vanilla coke, go here. They have even make freshly squeezed lemonade and orangeades. I took our children here for the May fest (1st weekend of May) and now our daughters make faces at the bottled cherry or vanilla cokes and orangades...... Once you try one of these, you will never be the same. This drugstore has been there as long as I can I remember, I walked home from school and stopped here almost everyday.

Charlie's Drug Sundries
125 West Central Avenue,
Mount Holly, NC 28120
(704) 827-2211

This place has the best burger on the western side of the county. It is sloppy and messy, just the way I like them. Their sweet tea is REALLY sweet, so for those who do not like that way, I recommend doing half sweet and half un-sweet.

Shake Shop
505 West Church Street
Cherryville, NC 28021

(704) 435-5778

I agree with the comments about Tony's ice cream. It is an ICON in Gaston.. the banana shakes are dreamy, but do not use a straw, b/c pieces of bananas will get stuck. Everything there is YUMMY in the TUMMY!

Old 06-18-2008, 08:46 PM

1 posts, read 3,394 times
Best Chinese food is HSIA restaurant on S New Hope Rd (in strip mall with Subway and Clay Cafe). Kind of pricey, but the take out is at least 2 meals.

Old 06-18-2008, 10:31 PM

44 posts, read 171,027 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by the 7 oh 4 View Post
You can't stop there. After the steak...you have to head down Franklin Blvd (Highway 74) towards downtown Gastonia for a stop a Tony's Ice Cream. Be prepared to wait though. Especially in warm weather & weekends.

Worth the wait!
Actually, you don't even have to drive to get Tony's Ice Cream after eating at Old Stone. It's served in the ice cream stand across the street (in Stowe Park). Was just there tonight after having dinner in Sammy's..which is also a great place!

Old 05-26-2012, 10:06 AM

1 posts, read 2,033 times
One of the best new places in Gastonia has to be Spindle City Cafe located on Main St. The sandwiches, soups and sides are amazing. Oh and Kris the lady that greets you at the cash register is becoming pretty famous for her cakes. We have become loyal customers over the last two years. They treat you like family which always makes it that much more special. Another place we like to go to is Nicks located in the old Webb Theater. Great atmosphere, great food but can be a little pricey but worth it in my opinion.

Old 05-28-2012, 07:36 PM

11 posts, read 18,202 times
Two other great restaurants are the String Bean in Belmont and Backwoods in Mt. Holly. String Bean has great sandwiches and specials every night. If you order a burger they go to the meat case and grab you fresh ground meat to make your burger. They also have a large (and pretty sophisticated) beer and wine selection. Their fried Oreos are a must have when it comes o dessert.

Backwoods is newer and still working the kinks out when it comes to service. They offer great seafood and steaks. It's priced reasonably too.

Old 05-28-2012, 07:44 PM

8,237 posts, read 13,510,953 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by scoobycat318 View Post
Two other great restaurants are the String Bean in Belmont and Backwoods in Mt. Holly. String Bean has great sandwiches and specials every night. If you order a burger they go to the meat case and grab you fresh ground meat to make your burger. They also have a large (and pretty sophisticated) beer and wine selection. Their fried Oreos are a must have when it comes o dessert.

Backwoods is newer and still working the kinks out when it comes to service. They offer great seafood and steaks. It's priced reasonably too.

Yes! Stringbean is great! I have heard the fried oreos are awesome.

Backwoods has been around awhile, they started in Stanley, I think it was.....then they moved to Belmont and most recently Mount Holly. We don't really care for the food but I do hope they do well, there are people who enjoy it.

Old 05-29-2012, 07:09 PM

186 posts, read 604,074 times
Best Deli by far is H&M in Cramerton, fantastic sanwiches with fresh ingredients, most important is that the owners are the ones working it (Hans and Megan)!
H&M Deli

Love String Bean as well as Old Stone

Lastly, not on the list yet, but my wife and I enjoy it a lot is Nicks Steak House and Tap Room (for interior, etc)
Prime Rib Steak & Seafood BBQ Bar Family Restaurant | Gastonia

Old 05-30-2012, 05:57 AM

11 posts, read 18,202 times
I completely agree about H&M and I'm sorry I didn't think of them sooner. They also do great sandwich platters for parties. They've done two graduation parties for us over the years and their food always gets RAVE reviews.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte