Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-05-2008, 11:45 AM

45,217 posts, read 100,811,993 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by NCgirl View Post
That's not entirely true. Established areas do not have the rezoning issues like newer parts of Charlotte. Many areas have had the same school assignments for decades.
So glad you said that, as I did not want to seem to be arguing with anyone

Only schools in high growth areas get rezoned when new schools get built. Many, many parts of Charlotte have been built out for years and have had the same school assignments to their neighborhoods for years. If finding and staying in a good school is important to you, you should look at established neighborhoods of Charlotte - not new construction areas only.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-05-2008, 11:52 AM

249 posts, read 875,671 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NCgirl View Post
That's not entirely true. Established areas do not have the rezoning issues like newer parts of Charlotte. Many areas have had the same school assignments for decades.
I didn't mean to say that every school was affected by this, I simply meant that this is not a steel creek issue and that it does happen in other areas of CMS. Afterall, Charlotte is in general a rapid growth city.

Old 03-05-2008, 02:40 PM

255 posts, read 886,098 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nkjaws View Post
Single Family Homes from the $190s and from the Mid $200s
Again, KB is okay, McCar is by far nicer and a more diserable area of Berewick.
That's the base price though right? You have upgrade prices. Least 25k, some folks dropping a lot more than that..

You might be able to squeeze in at 215 (OP's cap) but I seriously doubt it man...

Old 03-05-2008, 03:16 PM

672 posts, read 1,832,589 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigCountry View Post
That's the base price though right? You have upgrade prices. Least 25k, some folks dropping a lot more than that..

You might be able to squeeze in at 215 (OP's cap) but I seriously doubt it man...
Good gravy, I'm sure the OP would rather have info that she can use. Yes, she can buy in McCar for her price range. I doubt with all the talk about Berewick that she is considering it as an option anyways. So let's keep this thread helpful to her and not keep going back and forth about the unimportant details please.

Last edited by nkjaws; 03-05-2008 at 03:17 PM.. Reason: spelling

Old 12-28-2010, 12:12 PM

1 posts, read 1,011 times
Fort Mill, SC is a great option it is on the border of Charlotte. I live in South Charlotte the Steele Creek area and I can throw a stone to Fort Mill. The Steele Creek area crime is low, schools are good (just got a new elementary last year) but the HOA and taxes are a mess. If I could do it all over I would move to Fort Mill. But if you have to live in Charlotte try Ballantyne area if you can afford the price.

Old 12-29-2010, 08:47 AM

9 posts, read 15,205 times
Default Good to know

Thanks for that post, can you elaborate a bit more on the difference of NC to SC tax wise. I would love more info on your development, my husband and I are researching a move and are looking for a development with min 1/4 acre and this sounds perfect. Plus we are from NY...lol

Also in this area can you tell me how many car dealerships there are and what the driving distance is? Looking specifically for Chrysler dealers.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wesleychapelgirl View Post
I'm a Charlotte native but have moved to Union County. Better tax rate with all the wonderful South Charlotte amenities. We live in Wesley Springs Development which is only 59 houses with 1/2 acre lots & a pond. Newtown Elementary which is less than a year old is across the street from us. We love living in Wesley Chapel. So far it's not over commercialized & very safe. I've read that Stonegate which is 2 miles away has had some car break ins but that's it. Good luck. Oh yeah, most of this subdivision is from NY.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte