Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-05-2008, 09:41 AM

1,852 posts, read 5,197,249 times

Advertisements

I was wondering what they were going to put there and alas, this morning I saw the sign.. a Bloom.. I hope it brings a couple little resteraunts with it, but otherwise a little disappointed. I am not a big fan of Bloom, anyone like them?

The Shell sign is still up so who knows if anything will go on that corner.

I also think it is kind f funny on Beatties Ford and 73, the Exxon is there and they had 1 or 2 more spots for something they put a MOnkey Wrench. Could have used a Dunken Donuts or Sonic.. Grrr
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-05-2008, 09:59 AM

3,576 posts, read 10,613,125 times
You do know that there's a Sonic down Mt. Holly-Huntersville Rd., don't you? I just discovered it last week. It's kinda cool because it's got the outdoor seating and the drive-ins, but it also has indoor seating.

Old 03-05-2008, 10:00 AM

1,852 posts, read 5,197,249 times
Ya, but I wanted one on the corner.. Kind of a way to pick on the way home or grab a burrito in the morning. I am simple like that.

Old 03-05-2008, 10:09 AM

3,576 posts, read 10,613,125 times
I hear you. I wish sometimes that there was a website where the residents could vote for their preferences for proposed retail, or even to make suggestions for options that may not have yet been proposed.

I'd love to see a really nice non-chain or non-typical restaurant somewhere along that stretch. And I agree completely on the DD & the Sonic.

Old 03-05-2008, 01:09 PM

2,560 posts, read 8,519,696 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Whytewulf View Post
I was wondering what they were going to put there and alas, this morning I saw the sign.. a Bloom.. I hope it brings a couple little resteraunts with it, but otherwise a little disappointed. I am not a big fan of Bloom, anyone like them?

The Shell sign is still up so who knows if anything will go on that corner.

I also think it is kind f funny on Beatties Ford and 73, the Exxon is there and they had 1 or 2 more spots for something they put a MOnkey Wrench. Could have used a Dunken Donuts or Sonic.. Grrr
It could take years and years.

Right at Beatties Ford Rd & Mount Holly-Huntersville Rd there is also a sign that says coming soon Holly Crossing Shopping Center. Has been there almost as long as that Shell sign. Years!

I have friends at the Overlook and go to that area all the time. Boy does Mount-Holly Huntersville Rd have major traffic issues by the Super Wal-mart Center.

Old 03-05-2008, 02:57 PM

22,974 posts, read 65,287,553 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by superk View Post
You do know that there's a Sonic down Mt. Holly-Huntersville Rd., don't you? I just discovered it last week. It's kinda cool because it's got the outdoor seating and the drive-ins, but it also has indoor seating.
Where is this Sonic you talk of LOL. ??

Old 03-05-2008, 02:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SunnyKayak View Post
Where is this Sonic you talk of LOL. ??
At the end of Mount Holly-Huntersville Rd. About 2 1/2 miles past 16 going towards Mount Holly. Mountain Island Lake area!

Catawba Village Shopping Center where Food Lion is directly on Mount Holly-Huntersville Rd.

It is kinda hidden and has a very low sign. ALL the signs in that area are very low to the ground. I don't think that Charlotte allows a business to put a sign up in the air anymore...so it is flush to the ground and hard to see.

Old 03-05-2008, 03:13 PM

22,974 posts, read 65,287,553 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by the 7 oh 4 View Post
At the end of Mount Holly-Huntersville Rd. About 2 1/2 miles past 16 going towards Mount Holly. Mountain Island Lake area!

Catawba Village Shopping Center where Food Lion is directly on Mount Holly-Huntersville Rd.

It is kinda hidden and has a very low sign. ALL the signs in that area are very low to the ground. I don't think that Charlotte allows a business to put a sign up in the air anymore...so it is flush to the ground and hard to see.
If I was heading down Mt Holly Huntersville Road from Huntersville go thru the intersection at Hwy 16 it is past that on Mt Holly Huntersville Road.

Old 03-05-2008, 03:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SunnyKayak View Post
If I was heading down Mt Holly Huntersville Road from Huntersville go thru the intersection at Hwy 16 it is past that on Mt Holly Huntersville Road.
Correct. Go thru the light at 16 (Wal-mart Super Center) and keep on going about 2 1/2 miles and it will be on your right.

We might go there tonight. We don't cook. We don't like the Arrowood Rd/I-77 area where the other Sonic is located!

265 Mount Holly-Huntersville Rd

Old 03-05-2008, 03:23 PM

45,218 posts, read 100,352,025 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by the 7 oh 4 View Post
Correct. Go thru the light at 16 (Wal-mart Super Center) and keep on going about 2 1/2 miles and it will be on your right.

We might go there tonight. We don't cook. We don't like the Arrowood Rd/I-77 area where the other Sonic is located!

265 Mount Holly-Huntersville Rd
Man, you must really love you some Sonic to go to THAT much trouble to eat at one, LOL!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte