Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-09-2008, 09:41 PM

44 posts, read 153,106 times

Advertisements

Hello- we are considering a Ryan Built home in the new Bethesda Oaks in Gastonia off South New Hope rd. Bethesda Oaks is a fairly new subdivision.
Can anyone please tell me if Ryan Homes is a good choice for overall build quality in Belmont,NC or Gastonia,NC we plan to spend $208,000 for the Colville model and plan to stay in it for the next 18-20 years... if the build quality survives the time.
Ryan Homes currently has a 200 plus home neighborhood in Belmont,NC behind South Point High School,so I thought I would ask as many folks there if they have been overall pleased with their purchase.
Also I thought I would call the Gastonia City planners office and ask them if their inspectors have seen alot of problems with Ryan built homes.

Any and all advice is greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Robert in Gastonia,NC
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-09-2008, 11:47 PM

45,218 posts, read 100,700,516 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by robster View Post
Hello- we are considering a Ryan Built home in the new Bethesda Oaks in Gastonia off South New Hope rd. Bethesda Oaks is a fairly new subdivision.
Can anyone please tell me if Ryan Homes is a good choice for overall build quality in Belmont,NC or Gastonia,NC we plan to spend $208,000 for the Colville model and plan to stay in it for the next 18-20 years... if the build quality survives the time.
Ryan Homes currently has a 200 plus home neighborhood in Belmont,NC behind South Point High School,so I thought I would ask as many folks there if they have been overall pleased with their purchase.
Also I thought I would call the Gastonia City planners office and ask them if their inspectors have seen alot of problems with Ryan built homes.

Any and all advice is greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Robert in Gastonia,NC

Ryan enjoys a pretty good reputation in NC - most of their neigborhoods are very nice. If you find a particular home you are interested in, consider getting a PE (professional engineer) to inspect it for you to put your mind at ease.

Old 02-12-2008, 07:45 AM

4,713 posts, read 9,699,636 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lovesMountains View Post
Ryan enjoys a pretty good reputation in NC - most of their neigborhoods are very nice. If you find a particular home you are interested in, consider getting a PE (professional engineer) to inspect it for you to put your mind at ease.
Agreed - get someone to inspect it if you want to breathe easier at night.

They are a fairly established and well-known company. We just bought a home from Ryan in Ayrsley...although its still being built, they have been great to work with so far in the process. I'm not sure if you're looking at new construction, but, if you are, they offer a warranty throughout the first year which includes a couple of scheduled inspections and a chance for you to have them address any problems you may encounter during the first year.

Old 02-22-2008, 07:08 PM

221 posts, read 724,363 times
we bought a ryan home in belmont and have overall enjoyed the construction process. They have been very efficent with correcting any issues that we have come across since living in the house. I would recommend building a ryan home to a friend.

Old 02-23-2008, 06:55 AM

189 posts, read 580,273 times
I like Ryan Homes, but I cant say the same thing about Gastonia

Old 02-24-2008, 08:35 PM

146 posts, read 572,407 times
My parents built in Autumn Cove in Lake Wylie, SC with Ryan. I felt they had a better experience than I did... we were with a different builder though.... but like all builders, they nickel and dime you to death.

Old 02-26-2008, 09:11 AM

3 posts, read 10,571 times
Default Building in Southpoint-Ryan

We are currently building a home in the Southpoint neighborhood. So far I have nothing but good things to say about Ryan. The negotiation process and customer service has been really good. We had our pre-construction meeting last week and our project manager seemed to be knowlegable and trustworthy. However, I do have a private inspector coming in. He will be doing a foundation, pre-drywall, and final punchlist insp.

The only problem I have encountered was with L&L Flooring (Ryan Subcontractor) they overprice their products. Call them out on it. As far as Gastonia goes....personally I would look in the Belmont area.

Old 02-26-2008, 09:15 AM

2,560 posts, read 8,552,153 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by drew0020 View Post
I like Ryan Homes, but I cant say the same thing about Gastonia
Because you don't know the area.

I have no affiliation with Gastonia but can say that it has really changed for the better in the last 5-10 years.

I think Belmost still has a better reputation & schools than Gastonia though.

Old 02-26-2008, 09:27 AM

3 posts, read 10,571 times
Default Gastonia

Just curious....what has changed for the better in Gastonia? Believe me.... I hope it does

Old 02-26-2008, 09:33 AM

2,560 posts, read 8,552,153 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DukeN08 View Post
Just curious....what has changed for the better in Gastonia? Believe me.... I hope it does
I have been here in Charlotte for 16 years and use to hear nothing but negativity about Gastonia.

I worked with a guy who grew up there and his parents are still there and he opened my eyes about Gastonia. Look at the growth around Franklin Square.

You use to have to drive to Charlotte just to get anything decent to eat. Not anymore.

I think it has changed for the better or at least that is just my opinion. My friend really showed me some nice areas of Gastonia too.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte