Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-06-2008, 10:08 AM

338 posts, read 896,723 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by marblmom View Post
As someone who lives in Brookhaven, you only see the power lines as you drive up Antioch Church toward Brookhaven. I agree that when I first drove to the neighborhood, I didn't like the sight of them at all. But, from 99% of the neighborhood you can't see them - only the new section across Antioch can see them. And, if you go in the back entrance, you never see them at all. Ballantyne has the same thing, and now that it is developed, no one ever comments on them!
Thanks for the tip. Is the back entrance off of Chestnut?

It's a beautiful community. The power lines were the only thing that I did not like.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-06-2008, 11:14 AM

Thanks for the info.

Old 07-06-2008, 06:59 PM

132 posts, read 444,739 times
I think you can get a great deal in Weddington Chase. We looked in there a yar ago and there were over 30 listings. I was concerned with the amount of for sales in comparison to similar communities. I am glad I did not buy there last year even though I found my dream house off the Providence entrance. I thnk the same house is still for sale and selling for about $60K less. You will probably get a great deal.

Old 07-06-2008, 08:12 PM

I first started looking at houses in Clt. in Nov. of 2007 and many that I saw for sale then, both in WC and elsewhere, are still for sale.

Old 07-07-2008, 07:13 AM

513 posts, read 2,111,008 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Londonlawyer View Post
Thanks for the tip. Is the back entrance off of Chestnut?

It's a beautiful community. The power lines were the only thing that I did not like.
Yes, the back entrance is off Chestnut.

Old 07-07-2008, 10:17 AM

132 posts, read 444,739 times
i think the $450K and up market is where you are seeing a trouble market. Not everyone is able to qualify for these loans plus considering how shaky the Real estate market is, you could see a little more down pressure. Weddington Chase is in an area of Union County where there is a lot of new construction. many of these builders are offering great deals for new construction. We loved the feel and the community very much. Someone else had posted about brookehaven too. We liked W. Chase better, but we liked the location of Brookehaven much better. Brookehaven was just a little closer to everything and far removed from Providence Road, which can be a little bit of a pain if you live south of the 485 loop. Again, we liked W Chase very much. We did not like that so many houses where for sale and this is alreay going back to last summer where the market was starting to slow down. It just seems as the community is not turning these houses fast enough or they are staying in the market too long. Again, if you are buying there, make sure you get a great deal. What happens if you buy a house there and a few yers you try to sell it. Just be careful.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte